Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Putin's new missiles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    what a stupid post
    Oh well argued <sarcasm> as Charles noted.

"The Pentagon played down Putin’s speech, saying Moscow’s weaponry had already been factored into US assessments. “We’re not surprised by the statements and the American people should rest assured that we are fully prepared,” said spokeswoman Dana White. US officials say American missile defence systems are not aimed at Moscow, but are instead designed to defend against threats from Iran, North Korea and other potential adversaries."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-announcement
    Last edited by Tassman; 03-03-2018, 01:22 AM.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Well, like I said, you're one of those crazy conservatives who are easily led to believe whatever crazy spin your propagandists put to you. Trumps whole administration is falling apart. He filled the swamp with crooks like himself and now they are all either being indicted or jumping ship and you knuckleheads continue in your denial. I've really got to get that book now, "The Republican Brain". I didn't think so at the time it came out, but there may actually be something to it.
      Of course it's falling apart, as is readily apparent to anyone not living in a Breitbart/Fox bubble.

The WH is in "chaos — spurred by surprise departures, the ongoing Russia investigation and Trump’s own grudge-nursing — is threatening to overwhelm his presidency, and there’s every reason to believe things will get worse, not better, in the coming days.

Here’s why: Trump is not only beset on all sides by bad stories — Russia investigations, a feud with Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Ben Carson’s taste for fine furniture, etc., etc. — but he is also forced to face these stories with an ever-diminishing group of loyal supporters.

It’s a perfect storm for Trump — and not in a good way."

http://mercerstarnews.com/2018/03/02...falling-apart/
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Of course it's falling apart, as is readily apparent to anyone not living in a Breitbart/Fox bubble.

The WH is in "chaos — spurred by surprise departures, the ongoing Russia investigation and Trump’s own grudge-nursing — is threatening to overwhelm his presidency, and there’s every reason to believe things will get worse, not better, in the coming days.

Here’s why: Trump is not only beset on all sides by bad stories — Russia investigations, a feud with Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Ben Carson’s taste for fine furniture, etc., etc. — but he is also forced to face these stories with an ever-diminishing group of loyal supporters.

You'd have thought that we'd have evolved beyond tribalism or loyalty to the group over that of knowledge by now, but as we can see that isn't the case. I just wonder if, when they are obviously wrong, they know it and just can't admit to it, or if their tribal mentality prevents them from even seeing truth. Not sure which scenario is worse either! It would be natural to assume that being human we on the left are no better, but I really don't believe that to be the case. I truly believe that if the situation were reversed and Obama was the head of this particular administration, doing all the things that Trump has done and is doing, we would, if not immediately, eventially, recognize it for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post

Ok, if that's the kind of nonsense you guys have been reading then that explains a lot. Thank you for the insight. It also explains why Jimmy is reluctant to provide sources because I think even he has at least an inkling that this stuff is garbage.

Don't you find it curious that the mainstream media's "anonymous sources" always say exactly what low-information morons like you want to hear? But you guys are so gullible that you think living on government welfare is the same as being independently wealthy, so maybe it all goes right over your heads.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The Guardian has another interesting take on this topic in an article called: Call it chaos

Here is a rather interesting part of it:

It was the apt end of a week that left the president, Lear-like, all but abandoned in a raging storm. Hope Hicks, an aide so close that she has been described as a surrogate daughter, became the fourth communications director to leave his administration. Jared Kushner, his son-in-law and senior adviser, was stripped of high-level security clearance amid revelations about potential conflicts of interest. The king himself fulminated on topics from gun control to trade tariffs, leaving courtiers scrambling to offer reassurances about his state of mind.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              The Guardian has another interesting take on this topic ...
              When I used The Guardian as a cite way back when, it was laughed at as a rag tabloid. No?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                When I used The Guardian as a cite way back when, it was laughed at as a rag tabloid. No?
                No. At least not by me. I have used them many times and you will find lots of post where I point to stuff they wrote.
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  No. At least not by me. I have used them many times and you will find lots of post where I point to stuff they wrote.
                  OK, maybe it was another one.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    OK, maybe it was another one.
                    I think it was the Sun

Comment

28378408_502359556827387_9159805204618133045_n.jpg

Comment