Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Putin's new missiles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    There you go with the irony again, Mr. Talking Points.
    Facts my friend, facts. You people live in the alternative facts bubble of Kelly Ann Conway and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Trumps whole administration is falling apart.
      I'd love to know where you're reading this nonsense.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        what a stupid post
        Says the guy who does not give a single reason for agreeing with him. When talking about being stupid....
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          Says the guy who does not give a single reason for agreeing with him. When talking about being stupid....
          "Him" who? This post isn't really clear. Agreeing with the author of the "stupid post", or Trump....?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            "Him" who? This post isn't really clear. Agreeing with the author of the "stupid post", or Trump....?
            I was adressing DE's post so the "him" in the text is DE.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

So, here is Trumpman's "stupid post"....
              Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              It's an election stunt, no more...you know like the boastful crap Trump spewed on the trail. Putin's missile capacity is no greater than before. The real missile threat remains Nth Korea, not Russia.
              ...as noted by DE...
              what a stupid post
              ...to which you reponded...
              ...which made no sense, so I asked...
              ...and your 'explanation' is...
              I was adressing DE's post so the "him" in the text is DE.
              ... so, your post would read.. "Says the guy who does not give a single reason for agreeing with DE. When talking about being stupid...."

What a stupid post
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, here is Trumpman's "stupid post"....

...as noted by DE...

...to which you reponded...

...which made no sense, so I asked...

...and your 'explanation' is...

... so, your post would read.. "Says the guy who does not give a single reason for agreeing with DE. When talking about being stupid...."

What a stupid post
                My point is very simple. DE does not give us any reason to agree with him. He just claims that Tassman's post is stupid without explaining why. That seems rather stupid. My comment was directed to DE and hist post. He is both "the guy" and "him". Rather simple. I see no reason for you to try to mess things up.

Comment

My point is very simple. DE does not give us any reason to agree with him. He just claims that Tassman's post is stupid without explaining why. That seems rather stupid. My comment was directed to DE and hist post. He is both "the guy" and "him". Rather simple. I see no reason for you to try to mess things up.
                  DE was expressing his opinion. Are you against people expressing their opinion? You just did.

Comment

if you think it needs to be explained why saying North Korea is a bigger nuclear threat than Russia is stupid...
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

DE was expressing his opinion. Are you against people expressing their opinion? You just did.
                      I think you are able to realise your simplification? I pointed out that DE was calling something stupid without giving us any reason to think it was stupid. That is, he is not really giving us insight into any line of reasoning making us any the wiser. And while making us none the wiswer he is calling another person stupid. That is rather ironic to me. So though you of course already knew I am not against people expressing their opinion (and there is nothing in what I wrote that would give you any reason to think so) I pointed to the fact that DE provided no reason for agreeing with him. Rather simple.

Comment

I think you are able to realise your simplification? I pointed out that DE was calling something stupid without giving us any reason to think it was stupid. That is, he is not really giving us insight into any line of reasoning making us any the wiser. And while making us none the wiswer he is calling another person stupid. That is rather ironic to me. So though you of course already knew I am not against people expressing their opinion (and there is nothing in what I wrote that would give you any reason to think so) I pointed to the fact that DE provided no reason for agreeing with him. Rather simple.
                        So why do you think DE owes you an explanation for his opinion? Are you grading him or something? Does he need to show you his work?

The reason is pretty obvious to anyone with an IQ over 50. Korea has a handful of missiles that MIGHT be able to reach our west coast. Russia has hundreds, if not thousands of ICBMs that can reach any place in our country with nuclear warheads hundreds of times bigger than NK's. We could wipe out NK with one counterstrike. We would probably end up destroying the world if we went to war with Russia with no winners.

Which do you think is a bigger threat?

Comment

if you think it needs to be explained why saying North Korea is a bigger nuclear threat than Russia is stupid...
                          But that was not what he said. He said: "Putin's missile capacity is no greater than before. The real missile threat remains Nth Korea, not Russia." Being real does not mean being greater. Russia can have greater nuclear capacity and still not be the real threat (if they are unlikely to use it) while Nth Korea can have a rather limited nuclear capacity and pose a greater threat to American lives if they are more likely to use it. So it appears you simply misunderstood if that was your reason for calling it stupid.

Comment

Being real does not mean being greater.
                            being a real threat doesn't mean being a greater threat than a threat that isn't real?
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Is a legal gun owner with a semi automatic long gun a bigger threat than a criminal threatening to attack you with a revolver?
                              "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                              Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                              Save me, save me"

Comment

So why do you think DE owes you an explanation for his opinion? Are you grading him or something? Does he need to show you his work?
                                How many others do you trust if they do not give you any reason to do so? Do you honestly think we should all just tell what we think without providing reason? It seems you are a little too eager attacking my points instead of realising that what you end up suggesting when attacking them is rather useless in a sane discussion.

The reason is pretty obvious to anyone with an IQ over 50. Korea has a handful of missiles that MIGHT be able to reach our west coast. Russia has hundreds, if not thousands of ICBMs that can reach any place in our country with nuclear warheads hundreds of times bigger than NK's. We could wipe out NK with one counterstrike. We would probably end up destroying the world if we went to war with Russia with no winners.

Which do you think is a bigger threat?
                                When talking about threats it is important to have an estimate or idea of how likely it is that a given incident actually happens. While the consequences of nuclear war with Russia would be beyond imagination it is not at all likely to happen. The consequences of nuclear war with NK would be significant but much lower but if one is of the opinion that it is much more likely to actually happen it can in practical terms be the greater threats.

Comment