Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Justice Department reviewing Oakland mayor's tipoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice Department reviewing Oakland mayor's tipoff

Justice Department reviewing Oakland mayor's tipoff of immigration raids, which led to 232 arrests

The White House on Thursday said the Department of Justice was reviewing the actions of Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, who last weekend alerted residents in advance of an Immigration and Customs Enforcement raid in Northern California.

"I think it's outrageous that a mayor would circumvent federal authorities and certainly put them in danger by making a move such as that," White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters.

She said Schaaf's actions were under "review" but would not be more specific.

Justin Berton, a spokesman for Schaaf, said the mayor's office is unaware of any review and declined to comment further. A Justice Department spokesman in the Bay Area also declined to comment.

I had suggested in another thread she was aiding and abetting criminals - some of those she defends are, indeed, repeat criminal bad actors.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Justice Department reviewing Oakland mayor's tipoff of immigration raids, which led to 232 arrests

The White House on Thursday said the Department of Justice was reviewing the actions of Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, who last weekend alerted residents in advance of an Immigration and Customs Enforcement raid in Northern California.

"I think it's outrageous that a mayor would circumvent federal authorities and certainly put them in danger by making a move such as that," White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters.

Justin Berton, a spokesman for Schaaf, said the mayor's office is unaware of any review and declined to comment further. A Justice Department spokesman in the Bay Area also declined to comment.

I had suggested in another thread she was aiding and abetting criminals - some of those she defends are, indeed, repeat criminal bad actors.
    If they are illegal immigrants, they are criminals by definition.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

What she did is really no different than being a look-out, on the alert for the police and giving a warning if they appear.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        What she did is really no different than being a look-out, on the alert for the police and giving a warning if they appear.
        Except she did it as a government official.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Which would, at the very least, make her an accessory.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment