Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump endorses the Presidency for life!

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Trump endorses the Presidency for life!

Trump supports President Xi as president for life and says he wants to try that someday!

Trump on China's Xi consolidating power: 'Maybe we'll give that a shot some day'

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/03/politics/trump-maralago-remarks/index.html

(CNN)President Donald Trump bemoaned a decision not to investigate Hillary Clinton after the 2016 presidential election, decrying a "rigged system" that still doesn't have the "right people" in place to fix it, during a freewheeling speech to Republican donors in Florida on Saturday.

In the closed-door remarks, a recording of which was obtained by CNN, Trump also praised China's President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power and extending his potential tenure, musing he wouldn't mind making such a maneuver himself.
    "He's now president for life. President for life. No, he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day."

© Copyright Original Source

Hail Caesar!
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-04-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Trump supports President Xi as president for life and says he wants to try that someday!

Trump on China's Xi consolidating power: 'Maybe we'll give that a shot some day'

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/03/politics/trump-maralago-remarks/index.html

(CNN)President Donald Trump bemoaned a decision not to investigate Hillary Clinton after the 2016 presidential election, decrying a "rigged system" that still doesn't have the "right people" in place to fix it, during a freewheeling speech to Republican donors in Florida on Saturday.

In the closed-door remarks, a recording of which was obtained by CNN, Trump also praised China's President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power and extending his potential tenure, musing he wouldn't mind making such a maneuver himself.
    "He's now president for life. President for life. No, he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day."

© Copyright Original Source

Hail Caesar!
    Those words will go in one ear of Trump supporters and out the other and then they will thoughtlessly continue to defend and support him.

tWebber
    Faith
    Non-theist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Listening to the actual recording and not just reading the transcript, everyone is laughing and the general tone is very light and not at all serious. It all sounded more like joking around than anything else to me.

4. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    Listening to the actual recording and not just reading the transcript, everyone is laughing and the general tone is very light and not at all serious. It all sounded more like joking around than anything else to me.
    Of course he was joking.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Of course he was joking.
    Of course. The only person fit to be president for life is Mountain Man. And Trump knows that.

7. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Not having to worry about re-election certainly allows one to be more flexible. At least that's what Obama told the Russian official that one time.

9. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Not having to worry about re-election certainly allows one to be more flexible. At least that's what Obama told the Russian official that one time.
    And another benefit if you were president for life was that we would no longer have to take into consideration that the president sometimes, even though not very often, actually says something that is true.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    this is the guy you want to take away our guns, Jimmy?

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    Joking around on TV conversing with the president of China?!?!?!? The laughter I heard was a nervous uncertain laughter hoping it was a joke.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Edited by a Moderator

Moderator Notice

We do not accept such wished for death of anyone. Clean up your act. This will absolutely not be tolerated on this site.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Sparko; 03-06-2018 at 02:53 PM.

14. Amen JimL amen'd this post.