Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump endorses the Presidency for life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    I pity you...
    ...pity from the babykiller proponent. How blessed am I?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In my view a vote is a vote is a vote and so casting that vote out of avid enthusiasm and casting that vote out of holding your nose and voting for the lesser of the two evils both result in identical amounts of contribution toward him being elected, and thus both result in identical amounts of moral responsibility for the things that he does in office. You don't get to skate free of the moral responsibility for your action by saying that you weren't really that enthusiastic about it when you did it, because you still did it.
      Did I say anything about moral responsibility? I am morally satisfied that I helped keep Hillary Clinton out of office. I am not all that happy about Trump, but better him than Clinton. Oh, did I mention I am not now and never have been an avid Trump supporter.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

It's amazing how quickly US conservatives, despite spouting mantras about "personal responsibility" for others, themselves run from and deny all personal responsibility when it comes to their own actions like the effects of their own vote or the effects of the gun policies they support or the effects of wars they support. Don't be cowards, own your moral responsibility for your actions and political policies.
        I helped keep Hillary out of office. I deserve a pat on the back for that.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I said nothing about pardons - I have repeatedly made it clear that I'm not a Trump supporter - that's just you goofy liberals using twisted logic.
          Last edited by JimL; 03-05-2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Ah, the whacky NAMBLA supporter shows up.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's amazing how quickly US conservatives, despite spouting mantras about "personal responsibility" for others, themselves run from and deny all personal responsibility when it comes to their own actions like the effects of their own vote or the effects of the gun policies they support or the effects of wars they support. Don't be cowards, own your moral responsibility for your actions and political policies.
              It’s anazing how a clueless NZ liberal continues to show his ignorance of how things in the US works. Funny thing is failures to follow laws and standards are a major factor in many mass shootings. The latest shooting is a string of failures where police didn’t arrest a kid that was known to be a problem that had made numberous threats towards his school. If the police did their jobs he would of had a criminal record that may have prevented him from obtaining the gun he used. Likewise, armed officers didn’t react on time and may be responsible for further deaths. The Texas church shooter had a felony record that simply wasn’t reported that allowed him to obtain his gun. Yet, we’re supposed to trust these fools with our safety when their incompetene is a leading factor in mass shootings. Okay, whatever you say... I sleep quite well at night knowing that I don’t trust these idiots with my safety.
              Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 03-05-2018, 08:09 PM.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                I helped keep Hillary out of office. I deserve a pat on the back for that.
                Actually you deserve a slap side of the head or something to wake you out of your stuper. Though if this first year of Trump hasn't snapped you out of it, then apparently your condition is permanent.

Comment

Actually you deserve a slap side of the head or something to wake you out of your stuper. Though if this first year of Trump hasn't snapped you out of it, then apparently your condition is permanent.
                  Folks, your brain on steady diet of CNN propaganda.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It would be 'stupor', Jimmy, not 'stuper'. The Union is secure, Jimmy - there are checks and balances in place. But it's fun watching the extreme leftist nutters like you commiserate so. It's entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      Folks, your brain on steady diet of CNN propaganda.
                      Actually, he's awestruck by Rachel Maddow - the only REAL Journalist.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Actually, he's awestruck by Rachel Maddow - the only REAL Journalist.
                        CNN, MSNBC, not much difference.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          CNN, MSNBC, not much difference.
                          Still better than FOX or Brietbart by miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                            To a liberal, sure. Just the opposite direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                              CNN might be a little better than Fox News, but I think MSNBC is legitimately worse than Fox News at this point in terms of bias, and that is not something I say lightly.

I'm not sure how I'd rank Breitbart. It's certainly more biased than either, but at the same time it wears its partisanship so much on its sleeve that it's at least up front with what its biases are. MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN try to present themselves as nonpartisan, at least nominally, despite how skewed they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                                I'm not sure how I'd rank Breitbart. It's certainly more biased than either, but at the same time it wears its partisanship so much on its sleeve that it's at least up front with what its biases are. MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN try to present themselves as nonpartisan, at least nominally, despite how skewed they are.
                                Its target audience seems to take it as unbiased truth as best as I can tell so I don't know if this is a mitigating factor.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment