Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 141

Thread: Trump's Media Genius

  1. #1
    tWebber carpedm9587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,631
    Amen (Given)
    22
    Amen (Received)
    815

    Trump's Media Genius

    To me, this is a marvelous example of Trump's media genius (about the only thing he qualifies as a genius on...)

    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/03...-proposal.html

    This flip comment has no chance of being realized because of the checks and balances of the American system of government. But it will cause the left to foam at the mouth, and the media to pick it up and speculate on his seriousness, the ramifications for our democracy, and the "stability" of our current White House occupant.

    Sometimes, I wish we could give the entire media establishment a significant dose of valium, so perhaps Trump could not manipulate them so easily. Or maybe we just need to legalize pot nationwide!
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

    -Martin Luther King

  2. #2
    tWebber Sea of red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,750
    Amen (Given)
    281
    Amen (Received)
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    To me, this is a marvelous example of Trump's media genius (about the only thing he qualifies as a genius on...)

    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/03...-proposal.html

    This flip comment has no chance of being realized because of the checks and balances of the American system of government. But it will cause the left to foam at the mouth, and the media to pick it up and speculate on his seriousness, the ramifications for our democracy, and the "stability" of our current White House occupant.

    Sometimes, I wish we could give the entire media establishment a significant dose of valium, so perhaps Trump could not manipulate them so easily. Or maybe we just need to legalize pot nationwide!
    Call me crazy, but when I was brought up, when the president spoke, we assumed he was serious.

    Don't get me wrong, the media fall for Trumps games way too easily - it's absurd how easily they can be manipulated. But the presidency is something to be taken seriously, especially by the acting president. There shouldn't be guess work as to when Trumps serious, and when he's not.

  3. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
  4. #3
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,417
    Amen (Given)
    4683
    Amen (Received)
    4361
    I can't tell if carpe is being sarcastic or if someone like Darth Executor hijacked his account.

  5. #4
    tWebber Sea of red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,750
    Amen (Given)
    281
    Amen (Received)
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I can't tell if carpe is being sarcastic or if someone like Darth Executor hijacked his account.
    Funny, I've heard you express these exact sentiments about how Trump is a media genius before.

  6. #5
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,417
    Amen (Given)
    4683
    Amen (Received)
    4361
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of red View Post
    Funny, I've heard you express these exact sentiments about how Trump is a media genius before.
    Oh, there's no doubt that Trump is a media genius -- he can keep the media spinning their wheels for two days with a simple tweet. It's just not something I would have expected carpe to apparently positively acknowledge.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  7. #6
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42,811
    Amen (Given)
    9234
    Amen (Received)
    21169
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of red View Post
    Funny, I've heard you express these exact sentiments about how Trump is a media genius before.
    That's his point - Carpe is sounding uncharacteristically MMish.

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  8. #7
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42,811
    Amen (Given)
    9234
    Amen (Received)
    21169
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of red View Post
    Call me crazy,
    Crazy!!!!

    but when I was brought up, when the president spoke, we assumed he was serious.
    I think Obama started taking us off that path with his incessant campaigning and "all about me" speeches, and weighing in prematurely on matters before the facts came in -- BUT -- I agree Trump has really taken that to a whole weird level.

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  9. #8
    tWebber Sea of red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,750
    Amen (Given)
    281
    Amen (Received)
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Crazy!!!!



    I think Obama started taking us off that path with his incessant campaigning and "all about me" speeches, and weighing in prematurely on matters before the facts came in -- BUT -- I agree Trump has really taken that to a whole weird level.
    Politicians are in general self-centered, however, Trump is narcissistic on a level that's disturbing. He's always promoting himself and trying to sell us his image, instead of accomplishing anything politically.

  10. #9
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42,811
    Amen (Given)
    9234
    Amen (Received)
    21169
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of red View Post
    Politicians are in general self-centered, however, Trump is narcissistic on a level that's disturbing. He's always promoting himself and trying to sell us his image, instead of accomplishing anything politically.
    I'd love to disagree with you, Sea, just on principle, but maybe another time*.


    *seriously, I often just cringe when he's speaking

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  11. #10
    tWebber demi-conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,625
    Amen (Given)
    114
    Amen (Received)
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of red View Post
    But the presidency is something to be taken seriously, especially by the acting president. There shouldn't be guess work as to when Trumps serious, and when he's not.
    Media takes Trump out of context for sensation

    Libs: How dare Trump!!!! There shouldn't be guess work as to when Trumps serious, and when he's not.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

  12. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •