Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Media Genius

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Trump's Media Genius

To me, this is a marvelous example of Trump's media genius (about the only thing he qualifies as a genius on...)

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/03...-proposal.html

This flip comment has no chance of being realized because of the checks and balances of the American system of government. But it will cause the left to foam at the mouth, and the media to pick it up and speculate on his seriousness, the ramifications for our democracy, and the "stability" of our current White House occupant.

Sometimes, I wish we could give the entire media establishment a significant dose of valium, so perhaps Trump could not manipulate them so easily. Or maybe we just need to legalize pot nationwide!
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

-Martin Luther King

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    To me, this is a marvelous example of Trump's media genius (about the only thing he qualifies as a genius on...)

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/03...-proposal.html

This flip comment has no chance of being realized because of the checks and balances of the American system of government. But it will cause the left to foam at the mouth, and the media to pick it up and speculate on his seriousness, the ramifications for our democracy, and the "stability" of our current White House occupant.

Sometimes, I wish we could give the entire media establishment a significant dose of valium, so perhaps Trump could not manipulate them so easily. Or maybe we just need to legalize pot nationwide!
    Call me crazy, but when I was brought up, when the president spoke, we assumed he was serious.

Don't get me wrong, the media fall for Trumps games way too easily - it's absurd how easily they can be manipulated. But the presidency is something to be taken seriously, especially by the acting president. There shouldn't be guess work as to when Trumps serious, and when he's not.

3. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I can't tell if carpe is being sarcastic or if someone like Darth Executor hijacked his account.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I can't tell if carpe is being sarcastic or if someone like Darth Executor hijacked his account.
    Funny, I've heard you express these exact sentiments about how Trump is a media genius before.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of red View Post
    Funny, I've heard you express these exact sentiments about how Trump is a media genius before.
    Oh, there's no doubt that Trump is a media genius -- he can keep the media spinning their wheels for two days with a simple tweet. It's just not something I would have expected carpe to apparently positively acknowledge.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's his point - Carpe is sounding uncharacteristically MMish.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Call me crazy,
    Crazy!!!!

but when I was brought up, when the president spoke, we assumed he was serious.
    I think Obama started taking us off that path with his incessant campaigning and "all about me" speeches, and weighing in prematurely on matters before the facts came in -- BUT -- I agree Trump has really taken that to a whole weird level.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Crazy!!!!

I think Obama started taking us off that path with his incessant campaigning and "all about me" speeches, and weighing in prematurely on matters before the facts came in -- BUT -- I agree Trump has really taken that to a whole weird level.
    Politicians are in general self-centered, however, Trump is narcissistic on a level that's disturbing. He's always promoting himself and trying to sell us his image, instead of accomplishing anything politically.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Politicians are in general self-centered, however, Trump is narcissistic on a level that's disturbing. He's always promoting himself and trying to sell us his image, instead of accomplishing anything politically.
    I'd love to disagree with you, Sea, just on principle, but maybe another time*.

*seriously, I often just cringe when he's speaking

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    But the presidency is something to be taken seriously, especially by the acting president. There shouldn't be guess work as to when Trumps serious, and when he's not.
    Media takes Trump out of context for sensation

Libs: How dare Trump!!!! There shouldn't be guess work as to when Trumps serious, and when he's not.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

12. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.