Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Media Genius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
    I doubt Trump will make it to 2020 at this rate.
    Are you thinking impeachment, or assassination?

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Look at how many doubted he would make it trough the primary, or to the general election, or through the first 90 days or year.....
      I am sure Carpe would accept a dinner on you or MM in case Trump looses. I would too.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Why do you have an avatar of a moldy peach?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          I am sure Carpe would accept a dinner on you or MM in case Trump looses. I would too.
          Except that I was not making that offer, oh meddler of everybody else's business.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I hope you are wrong. If he doesn't make it to 2020, that means we have Pence - and Pence has a far better chance of winning in 2020.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Look at how many doubted he would make it trough the primary, or to the general election, or through the first 90 days or year.....
                Look at the turnover rate: Flynn, Walsh, Porter, Comey, Preibus, Bannon, Hicks, McFarland, Spencer, Scaramucci.

And Sessions, Tillerson, and Rosenstein are possibly not long for this world either, so it's very bad. His presidency is just hanging by a thread. All it's going to take is Mueller finding an impeachable offense, and we'll be talking resignation.

Comment

Look at the turnover rate: Flynn, Walsh, Porter, Comey, Preibus, Bannon, Hicks, McFarland, Spencer, Scaramucci.

And Sessions, Tillerson, and Rosenstein are possibly not long for this world either, so it's very bad. His presidency is just hanging by a thread. All it's going to take is Mueller finding an impeachable offense, and we'll be talking resignation.
                  I doubt resignation - don't you think he'll go screaming and kicking?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I doubt resignation - don't you think he'll go screaming and kicking?
                    Typically, yes.

However, Trump is very concerned about his and Kushner's private business practices coming under Mueller's jurisdiction, and that's exactly what's happening.

Mueller is now asking questions about attempts to obtain financing from Qatar, Russia, and China via the campaign by Kushner. Muller is also looking at the Russian nationals that have been using Trumps hotels to launder money, as well his relationships with Russian mob associates. If Mueller indicts Russians for money laundering and Trumps hotels are one of the hotspots used, it will be very bad PR wise for Trump, and he would likely leave office.

Like it or not, these special investigations end up turning into fishing expeditions -- just like Starr went all over the place with Clinton. They don't stop until they catch some sort of fish, even if it's totally unrelated to the original mandate.

The difference is this probe has serious fish to catch.
                    Last edited by Sea of red; 03-05-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Typically, yes.

However, Trump is very concerned about his and Kushner's private business practices coming under Mueller's jurisdiction, and that's exactly what's happening.

Mueller is now asking questions about attempts to obtain financing from Qatar, Russia, and China via the campaign by Kushner. Muller is also looking at the Russian nationals that have been using Trumps hotels to launder money, as well his relationships with Russian mob associates. If Mueller indicts Russians for money laundering and Trumps hotels are one of the hotspots used, it will be very bad PR wise for Trump, and he would likely leave office.

Like it or not, these special investigations end up turning into fishing expeditions -- just like Starr went all over the place with Clinton. They don't stop until they catch some sort of fish, even if it's totally unrelated to the original mandate.

And we all know how the Clinton impeachment went, yes?

Comment

Typically, yes.

Unfortunately, impeachment is not a legal proceeding. Even if there is an "impeachable offense," it will be very hard to get the 2/3 (67 votes) required to impeach. It would require a substantial percentage of the Republicans to vote to impeach a president of their own party. Fortunately, I don't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                          Unfortunately, impeachment is not a legal proceeding. Even if there is an "impeachable offense," it will be very hard to get the 2/3 (67 votes) required to impeach. It would require a substantial percentage of the Republicans to vote to impeach a president of their own party. Fortunately, I don't see it happening.
                          So many people keep getting this wrong. All it takes for somebody at the federal level to be "impeached" is a simple majority vote of those present and voting in the house of representatives. If that happens, the person is "impeached", and the process moves to the Senate. A "conviction" in a trial in the Senate, usually presided over by the Chief Justice, requires the 2/3 of the members present.

Bill Clinton was "impeached" by the House of Representatives, but not "convicted" in the Senate.

Comment

So many people keep getting this wrong. All it takes for somebody at the federal level to be "impeached" is a simple majority vote of those present and voting in the house of representatives. If that happens, the person is "impeached", and the process moves to the Senate. A "conviction" in a trial in the Senate, usually presided over by the Chief Justice, requires the 2/3 of the members present.

Bill Clinton was "impeached" by the House of Representatives, but not "convicted" in the Senate.
                            Correct.

Impeachment is akin to an indictment, while a conviction is the Senates job.

Comment

Correct.

Impeachment is akin to an indictment, while a conviction is the Senates job.
                              Yeah, that! And a conviction in the Senate is what triggers the removal from office.

Comment

And we all know how the Clinton impeachment went, yes?
                                There's a difference.

Clinton's impeachment was seen by the public as being a political witch hunt orchestrated by the GOP and Starr, and many found Starr to be abusing his investigative powers into absurd jurisdiction.

Comment