Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Media Genius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    At some point it's helpful to enlighten the casual reader as to whom "he" refers, so we don't have to backtrack a whole bunch and ask, "Is it I?"
    No...MM made a comment about "Democrats investigating." Since all of the investigations I know of that are in progress are in Republican hands, I was wondering what investigations he is referring to.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      No...MM made a comment about "Democrats investigating." Since all of the investigations I know of that are in progress are in Republican hands, I was wondering what investigations he is referring to.
      Yeah, I know... I was kidding with "Is it I?" Just that sometimes we throw around these personal pronouns, and a bunch of posts later it's no longer clear who is being referenced.

It's just me picking nit.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, I know... I was kidding with "Is it I?" Just that sometimes we throw around these personal pronouns, and a bunch of posts later it's no longer clear who is being referenced.

It's just me picking nit.
        Leave my nits alone...
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

The ones in his alternative reality.
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            [...]The only thing Mueller has on anybody associated with Trump are "process crimes", lying to investigators, which ironically would have never happened if Mueller wasn't charged with this witch hunt.
            Or perhaps more ironically it would never have happened if they had told the truth.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              Or perhaps more ironically it would never have happened if they had told the truth.
              And why would someone lie to investigators if they have not done anything wrong...?

Comment

And why would someone lie to investigators if they have not done anything wrong...?
                It seems no one had a good answer to that question.
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

The word "treason" is very loosely tossed around. It has historically been described as someone contributing to the subversion of their own country (i.e., destroying the government, supporting the enemy in times of war, etc.). In this age of global communication, countries are going to involve themselves to one degree or another in the elections in other countries. Trump seeking outside support for his election (if he did) does not seem, to me, to rise to the level of treason. He's trying to gain public office - not destroy the government in favor of a different government/country.

Furthermore, given the number of times, and degree to which, the U.S. has injected itself into the internal politics of other countries, it seems a sad hypocritical to complain when the same thing is done to us.
                  I didn't say there is proof that Trump commited treason, that's part of the ongoing investigation. It is my opinion that either he, i.e. Trump, or individuals related to his administration have. Aiding and abetting a foreign adversary to subvert the democratic process, which as far as I'm concerned is an act of war, is treasonous, and I think there is a lot evidence supporting that contention. It is also very obvious, to me at least, that Trump absolutely refuses to retaliate, to even admit to, or to work to protect the country from these attacks in the future.
                  Trump is also working to undermine democratic institutions, such as the CIA, The FBI, The DOJ, The Attorney General, not to mention the 4th estate, the free press. He, like Putin, has also filled the swamp with his corporate theiving oligarch buddies rather than draining it.

As to your final point, just because the U.S. attacks an adversary of ours, whether it be militarily, or by other means, such as conspiracy, for whatever reason, is no reason not to defend ourselves when we are attacked by our adversaries. To claim it to be hypocritical and therefore it's okay and we needn't defend ourselves from it, is just silly.

Comment

The investigations in Congress are being led by Republican committees. The special counsel was appointed by a Republican in the DOJ and the special investigator is a Republican. Exactly what investigations have the Democrats been heading?
                    The investigation started in earnest under Obama, and Mueller is a RINO who stacked his team to the gills with Democrat operatives and Hillary supporters.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      I didn't say there is proof that Trump commited treason, that's part of the ongoing investigation. It is my opinion that either he, i.e. Trump, or individuals related to his administration have. Aiding and abetting a foreign adversary to subvert the democratic process, which as far as I'm concerned is an act of war, is treasonous...
                      You do not understand treason, and making up your own bloated definition doesn't work. I know you don't like Trump, he's a bad guy, he's looking out for himself, does stupid things..... None of that is treason.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nervousness and fear is the most probable. It's one of the primary reasons you should never submit to police questioning without first talking to a lawyer. Even someone who is perfectly innocent can easily talk themselves into trouble by saying the wrong thing. And what's notable here is that Flynn and Papadoofus weren't charged with conspiracy or treason or any other crime that would lend credence to the "Russian collusion" hoax; rather, they were charged with lying to investigators. In other words, the only thing they did wrong was talk to Mueller's goons.

Comment

I did notice the crickets....

Maybe he just didn't see the post....?
                          Yeah, I stopped paying attention to this thread. I'll probably go back to ignoring it after this.

Comment

You do not understand treason, and making up your own bloated definition doesn't work. I know you don't like Trump, he's a bad guy, he's looking out for himself, does stupid things..... None of that is treason.
                            That's your opinion, and in my opinion it is you who do not understand what is meant by either war, or treason.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              That's your opinion, and in my opinion it is you who do not understand what is meant by either war, or treason.
                              But it is you who have proven your profound ignorance on so many occasions and such a wide range of topics, Jim. And it is your hatred that drives your opinion on this matter.

Comment

So the Republicans don’t have minds of their own?

And I’d like to see the data that supports the last statement. Can
                                You point me to a breakdown of the staff assigned to the project arranged by party affiliation?

Or will it just be more crickets?

Comment