Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Media Genius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Nervousness and fear is the most probable. It's one of the primary reasons you should never submit to police questioning without first talking to a lawyer. Even someone who is perfectly innocent can easily talk themselves into trouble by saying the wrong thing. And what's notable here is that Flynn and Papadoofus weren't charged with conspiracy or treason or any other crime that would lend credence to the "Russian collusion" hoax; rather, they were charged with lying to investigators. In other words, the only thing they did wrong was talk to Mueller's goons.
    Wow...selective memory AND ad hom in one post. Color me surprised
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      So the Republicans don’t have minds of their own?

And I’d like to see the data that supports the last statement. Can
      You point me to a breakdown of the staff assigned to the project arranged by party affiliation?

Or will it just be more crickets?
      Or you could click on the link I provided.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        But it is you who have proven your profound ignorance on so many occasions and such a wide range of topics, Jim. And it is your hatred that drives your opinion on this matter.
        Again, your opinion, and you're welcome to it of course, but you voted for and support D. J. Trump. Enough said!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Again, your opinion, and you're welcome to it of course, but you voted for and support D. J. Trump. Enough said!
          Voted for, yes. Support? No more than you support NAMBLA. Or do you?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I did. The article cites 7 out of 15 attorneys donating the Hillary's campaign, then lists a few names that have some history with the DNC or Hillary's campaign. That leaves 8 attorneys that did not, and no indication of how the rest of the staff distributes. So "stacked to the gills" seems a bit extreme. So far you have made the case for just under half the legal team being left-leaning - possibly Dems. You also seem to forget that all citizens are going to have a preference for candidates, and many will have a party affiliation, including those who work in government. It is unreasonable to believe that the government only comprise people who favor the party currently in power. In fact, it would be unhealthy to do so. Most presidents have maintained members of the opposing party in their cabinet AND their inner circle. Trump is mostly an exception to this rule, probably because of his fanatical dedication to his "base." He is (fortunately) making the same mistake the Dems made pre-2016: forgetting that this country has people other than his base.

Speaking of witch hunts - you are apparently on one...and buying the party line....HL&S.
            Last edited by carpedm9587; 03-11-2018, 04:17 AM.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
              I did. The article cites 7 out of 15 attorneys donating the Hillary's campaign, then lists a few names that have some history with the DNC or Hillary's campaign.
              Do you believe attorneys who donate money to political campaigns should recuse themselves from such investigations?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Voted for, yes. Support? No more than you support NAMBLA. Or do you?
                You voted for him CP, own it. This cop out that you are all employing now about the lesser of two evils is nonsense. If anything Hillary was the lesser of two evils. Trump is an immoral, racist, corrupt, anti-democratic, autocratic, con man and that was evident to all during the campaign and you voted for him anyway because he was the Republican candidate and you would have done so no matter who the Democratic candidate was. Own it!

Comment

Do you believe attorneys who donate money to political campaigns should recuse themselves from such investigations?
                  If everyone with a political position had to recuse themselves from an investigation then investigations would be impossible.

Comment

No.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                      No.
                      Can't say I'm surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        You voted for him CP, own it.
                        You're dumber than skunk poop.

Comment

You voted for him CP, own it. This cop out that you are all employing now about the lesser of two evils is nonsense. If anything Hillary was the lesser of two evils. Trump is an immoral, racist, corrupt, anti-democratic, autocratic, con man and that was evident to all during the campaign and you voted for him anyway
                          He voted for Trump to get his own way on abortion and LGBT's, come what may.
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

That's your opinion, and in my opinion it is you who do not understand what is meant by either war, or treason.
                            It's an opinion shared by everyone on tweb who knows anything about the US Constitution.

Even if Trump did everything you think he did, colluded with the Russians to win the election, it would not be Treason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Can't say I'm surprised.
                              I'm a bit surprised that you think it should be that way. Many people have donated $, or are a member of one party or another. Just as I do not think we should be eliminating all Republicans from the investigations into Trump (becaause clearly they would have a bias preference for clearing him...right?), neither do I think we should be eliminating all Democrats. As far as I can tell, Mueller is taking the right course: dismissing those who have shown that their WORK is biased. Being a member of a party or donating to one does not demonstrate that.

But, of course, Mueller is labeled a "RINO" because he is not toeing the party line and is doing what he has a reputation for doing: honest investigation without letting the political machinations get in his way. I am prepared to accept his findings on the basis of the evidence and the strength of his character: whether it exonerates or implicates Trump. What I see is the right working very hard to make sure that, if the latter happens, Mueller is discredited as much as possible.

No surprise. Happened with Nixon. Happened with Clinton. It's what politicians and parties do.

Comment

I didn't say there is proof that Trump commited treason, that's part of the ongoing investigation. It is my opinion that either he, i.e. Trump, or individuals related to his administration have. Aiding and abetting a foreign adversary to subvert the democratic process, which as far as I'm concerned is an act of war, is treasonous, and I think there is a lot evidence supporting that contention. It is also very obvious, to me at least, that Trump absolutely refuses to retaliate, to even admit to, or to work to protect the country from these attacks in the future.
                                Trump is also working to undermine democratic institutions, such as the CIA, The FBI, The DOJ, The Attorney General, not to mention the 4th estate, the free press. He, like Putin, has also filled the swamp with his corporate theiving oligarch buddies rather than draining it.

As to your final point, just because the U.S. attacks an adversary of ours, whether it be militarily, or by other means, such as conspiracy, for whatever reason, is no reason not to defend ourselves when we are attacked by our adversaries. To claim it to be hypocritical and therefore it's okay and we needn't defend ourselves from it, is just silly.
                                As I said, Jim, the term is tossed around too loosely for my taste.

As to the latter - I did not suggest we should not defend ourselves. My point was mostly that perhaps we should get out of the business if sticking our noses into the business of other countries - and then whining about it when the same is done to us. As a country, we don't really have a moral leg to stand on, IMO.

Comment