Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Media Genius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    That's your opinion, and in my opinion it is you who do not understand what is meant by either war, or treason.
    An opinion coming from someone who cannot figure out what a boy is

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      As I said, Jim, the term is tossed around too loosely for my taste.
      Okay, so you don't believe that even if Trump, and or his administration, is guilty of colluding and conspiring with a foreign adversary in order to undermine the democratic process, as well as democratic institutions, it's not an act war on their part, nor an act of treason on the part of the Trump administration. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that, I don't believe that such activity, should it be born out, to be tossing around the term (treason) to lightly.
      As to the latter - I did not suggest we should not defend ourselves. My point was mostly that perhaps we should get out of the business if sticking our noses into the business of other countries - and then whining about it when the same is done to us. As a country, we don't really have a moral leg to stand on, IMO.
      But it isn't about whining, its about acknowledging the fact of being attacked, retaliating, and defending ourselves against it in the future, neither of which Trump is doing which is further evidence of his involvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Okay, so you don't believe that even if Trump, and or his administration, is guilty of colluding and conspiring with a foreign adversary in order to undermine the democratic process, as well as democratic institutions, it's not an act war on their part, nor an act of treason on the part of the Trump administration. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that, I don't believe that such activity, should it be born out, to be tossing around the term (treason) to lightly.
        As far as I can tell, "collusion" is not even illegal unless the actors in question were betraying state secrets to an enemy country. At best, it appears to be "politically unwise," but even that doesn't seem to be an issue for a large segment of the country. Trump is still broadly supported by his base, who appear to have shifted from an "anti-Russia" to a "pro-Russia" stance in many respects.

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        But it isn't about whining, its about acknowledging the fact of being attacked, retaliating, and defending ourselves against it in the future, neither of which Trump is doing which is further evidence of his involvement.
        And yet the "attack" takes the form of the same kinds of things we do to other countries. Sorry, Jim, sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. We certainly have a right to erect defenses - but it's a little hypocritical to complain that other countries are doing to us what we do to so many on such a regular basis.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Not to worry, though, the Republicans in Congress have apparently wrapped up their investigation and determined that no collusion occurred. I'm SURE their findings are impartial and non-partisan (), but I think I'll wait for the results of the Mueller investigation, myself.

I'm sure that decision will make me "partisan" in the eyes of most here. I find it interesting the Mueller was widely cited by both sides as an ideal, nonpartisan, uncompromisable, ethical law enforcement leader...up until he was given THIS assignment, of course. Then suddenly he was partisan, stacking the deck, and a RINO.

Go figure...
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• And another sign of the incredible strength of our "leader." Trump has apparently signaled that he only wants to back legislation "that can pass." The hallmark of a clear leader: "let me know what you think you guys will pass, and I'll back it!"

Actually - strong leaders tackle even the hard stuff that may not pass - if they truly believe it's the right way to lead the country. Leadership is not a popularity contest; it's about taking people where (sometimes) they aren't sure they want to go.

So much for "I alone can fix it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              He voted for Trump to get his own way on abortion and LGBT's, come what may.
              You're a blithering idiot, Tassy - I have clearly stated it was to block Hillary, from becoming POTUS and making an appointment to SCOTUS.

Why don't you go back to falsely accusing your gay buddies of being NAMBLA supporters, then help JimL figure out what a boy is.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm a bit surprised that you think it should be that way.
                And there you go jumping to conclusions AGAIN. I expressed no opinion - I asked a question.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  You're a blithering idiot, Tassy - I have clearly stated it was to block Hillary, from becoming POTUS and making an appointment to SCOTUS.
                  A tad sensitive about this are we? You have several times gloated about the SCOTUS appointment and what it means re the abortion issue and LGBT's. Face it, you and your ilk have lost whatever moral high ground you may once have had by supporting a lying, self acknowledged womaniser and overall charlatan. You have lowered yourself to his level.
                  Last edited by Tassman; 03-13-2018, 12:47 AM.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

And another sign of the incredible strength of our "leader." Trump has apparently signaled that he only wants to back legislation "that can pass." The hallmark of a clear leader: "let me know what you think you guys will pass, and I'll back it!"
                    That's pretty much what we saw during the last Administration, from President "Lead-From-Behind"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And there you go jumping to conclusions AGAIN. I expressed no opinion - I asked a question.
                      You're right - you did not. Your response left me with that impression. If it was incorrect, then I apologize.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        That's pretty much what we saw during the last Administration, from President "Lead-From-Behind"
                        Suuuurre... Rogue. That's exactly what I saw.... (backing away slowly)....

Comment

You're right - you did not. Your response left me with that impression. If it was incorrect, then I apologize.
                          My opinion, not that you asked for it, is that BIG donors - activists - should recuse themselves. I think that's just downright reasonable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            A tad sensitive about this are we?
                            Not even a teeny bit. It was simply an observation.

You have several times gloated about the SCOTUS appointment and what it means re the abortion issue and LGBT's.
                            Direct quote, please -- I think you made up the latter part. And if you think stating...

A) Hillary is not POTUS
                            2) SCOTUS is not Hillary's

....is "gloating", then you really are a drama queen.

Face it, you and your ilk have lost whatever moral high ground you may once have had by supporting a lying, self acknowledged womaniser and overall charlatan. You have lowered yourself to his level.
                            You never had any moral high ground. And I have repeatedly said - if something DOES happen to Trump --- President Pence.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Team Lib projecting, what is new???
                              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

My opinion, not that you asked for it, is that BIG donors - activists - should recuse themselves. I think that's just downright reasonable.
                                I could agree with that. However, a $20 donation is clearly "small" and a "$100,000 donation is clearly big. Where's the line between small and big?

Comment