Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump To Meet Kim Jong Un

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump To Meet Kim Jong Un

You may hate Trump, but this is just a big WOW!

Trump agrees to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un

President Trump has agreed to sit-down with his North Korean nemesis Kim Jong-Un sometime in the next two months to discuss stripping the hermit nation of its nuclear arsenal, it was announced Thursday.

The historic meeting was brokered by the South Korean government, which delivered the invitation to the White House and divulged the details outside the West Wing.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/08/north-...trump-to-meet/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

"I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

But Trump doesn't know anything about international policy! He's an amateur! He won't be respected by other countries!

At least that's what liberals keep trying to tell us.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

cnn.jpeg
        https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/sta...25061048311808

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

All NK ever wanted was a deterrent to our dreams of an attempt at "regime change" in their country.

They achieved that rather well, by proving they can indeed deliver an ICBM to US territory and mainland, so there really isn't a need for further testing at this point.

Spoiler: everyone will be all hugs and kisses, NK will pinkie promise not to continue their nuclear program. In secrecy however, they'll continue research and development, and after a few years any "deal" will be off I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
              All NK ever wanted was a deterrent to our dreams of an attempt at "regime change" in their country.

They achieved that rather well, by proving they can indeed deliver an ICBM to US territory and mainland, so there really isn't a need for further testing at this point.

Spoiler: everyone will be all hugs and kisses, NK will pinkie promise not to continue their nuclear program. In secrecy however, they'll continue research and development, and after a few years any "deal" will be off I'm afraid.
              So, kinda like the Iran deal?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm not sure how North Korea could credibly claim they're going to shut everything down given their history of ignoring such agreements.

I hope Trump is less trusting here than he appeared when he said of Putin, "Every time he sees me he says, ‘I didn’t do that, and I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it".
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  So, kinda like the Iran deal?
                  Pretty much, only in this case the battle is already lost to prevent NK from going nuclear.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    I'm not sure how North Korea could credibly claim they're going to shut everything down given their history of ignoring such agreements.
                    Nth Korea can afford to be magnanimous now. They are pretty well a nuclear power already.

I hope Trump is less trusting here than he appeared when he said of Putin, "Every time he sees me he says, ‘I didn’t do that, and I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it".
                    I think it's reasonable to assume that Putin is holding something over Trump, given that Trump won't say a word again him. Nor will he sign the Russians sanctions bill that was passed virtually unanimously by Congress. The same doesn't apply to Kim Jong-un
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      I'll give you hint: it's no coincidence that N. Korea suddenly wanted to negotiate when Trump announced his trade tariffs because they give our President incredible leverage. There's a reason Trump is treating trade like a national security matter, and why his cabinet is so enthusiastic about these developments.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...g-330pm-today/

Comment

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 8.29.02 AM.jpg
                        https://twitter.com/TheLastRefuge2/s...tions-video%2F

Comment

Remember, Trump went visiting China a few months ago. Pretty sure China has been putting pressure on NK.

Not really sure that anything will actually come of the Trump/Kim meeting. You can't trust Kim as far as you could toss him. He will probably be using the meeting to propagandize his people by telling them he made the great US President do what he wanted because they are scared of his immense power.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            You may hate Trump, but this is just a big WOW!
                            Indeed. But I fear it'll be more of the same. A delaying tactic where we'll agree on the basics and get bogged down in the details until Kim Jong-Un announces they have an ICBM (which experts say they're about a year away from developing).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Indeed. But I fear it'll be more of the same. A delaying tactic where we'll agree on the basics and get bogged down in the details until Kim Jong-Un announces they have an ICBM (which experts say they're about a year away from developing).
                              I just wonder how much pressure China has put on NK, realizing that things are really getting out of hand.

Comment