Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump To Meet Kim Jong Un

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    So you genuinely think a random journalist somehow knows more about these things than the teams of experts with access to classified information who are advising the President?

Yeah, OK.
    I have not said so, so I don't know how you got the idea.

I have no problem believing that most journalists know more than Trump. I actually think that is rather obvious. And I think it is rather obvious that Trump is rather bad at listening to his experts.

By the way is your usual approach to assume that the president somehow must be right since he recieves advice from experts with access to classified information? Or does that only go in the Trump case?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
      I have no problem believing that most journalists know more than Trump.
      Just like you don't have a problem believing any of the fake news slop the liberal media serves to you while you bury your face in the trough.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

When the news broke the MSM were, very grudgingly, praising Trump with CNN's Erin Burnett's reaction being fairly typical:

Yup, "there's no way around it" no matter how much it might gall you to admit it.

You even heard similar comments on MSNBC!

Of course the MSM and the Democrats (increasingly one and the same thing) quickly got their act together and, within an hour after announcement, began scorning Trump's meeting the little pot-bellied gargoyle from North Korea (as well as mocking those who dared offer praise earlier[1]).

They were back to their meme that Trump is a blithering moron[2] who is way out of his league and Kim Jong-un is going to run all over him. Kind of like how they told us that Trump was going to be ignored or heckled at Davos only to be greeted with standing ovations.

Leon Panetta, who worked at various capacities for both the Clinton and Obama Administrations, fretted on CNN's Anderson Cooper's show, that Kim has "figured out Donald Trump and, what makes him tick" and expressed doubt that Trump can lay down "the kind of ground work that has to be laid for the kind of serious negotiations that are going to take place." For his part Cooper speculated that this might be a "major victory" for Kim as a "major boost to his legitimacy."

CNN correspondent Paula Hancocks repeated this line declaring that Trump had bumbled his way into "a massive trap." And echoed again on NBC's Today show by former Obama administration official who served under Penetta, Jeremy Bash. He proclaimed that Trump found himself out-smarted and got himself "boxed in here" and in spite of resulting in a potential major diplomatic coup declared that Trump has "actually made the situation a lot more dangerous."

Dutifully repeating this talking point James Clapper, who was Obama's Director of National Intelligence, declared that Kim was merely using Trump

While this is certainly possible he wouldn't even entertain the idea that this could be a major diplomatic breakthrough

After declaring that Trump deserves absolutely no credit here, former Kerry State Department spokesman John Kirby insisted that Kim was "running the table here."

Emphasizing the Trump-is-an-idiot meme, Samantha Vinograd, a former senior adviser on national security under Obama, resolutely claimed that Trump simply doesn't stand a chance.

This was reiterated over on MSNBC's Morning Joe1.2. Which is the left's knee-jerk characterization of every Republican president for the past half century or so

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Just like you don't have a problem believing any of the fake news slop the liberal media serves to you while you bury your face in the trough.
          If you could point to any of what I have pointed to being fake I'd be interested. The above seems more like a personal attack than actually providing any reason.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26882[/ATTACH]
            Yip yip yip yip
            So easily triggered.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              I have no problem believing that most journalists know more than Trump.
              The average journalist knows less than the average person, there's simply no comparison between them and Trump, a political genius the likes of which we haven't seen in decades.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Wolf Blitzer's turn on JEOPARDY is a classic.

Comment

kim-jong-un-cartoon.jpg

Comment

So easily triggered.
                    I still have this one from well before the crash that I used for a poster named Becca who was a shrill nutter that loved to explode into babbling tirades: Becca.gif

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      I still have this one from well before the crash that I used for a poster named Becca who was a shrill nutter that loved to explode into babbling tirades: [ATTACH=CONFIG]26885[/ATTACH]
                      This is about me, isn't it?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So easily triggered.
                        Is this how desperate you are? You certainly need something of substance if you go that low.

Comment

Is this how desperate you are? You certainly need something of substance if you go that low.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                            The average journalist knows less than the average person, there's simply no comparison between them and Trump, a political genius the likes of which we haven't seen in decades.
                            You can't be serious.

Trump is an ignorant, barely literate, weak, easy-to-manipulate president and moral reprobate. By contrast the average journalist is well-informed and responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              This seems like a personal attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                This seems like a personal attack.
                                Maybe Charles can whine at Charles about it?

Comment