Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Nerve agent attack in Salisbury city centre, UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerve agent attack in Salisbury city centre, UK

Ex-Russian spy Sergei Skripal (a former high-value MI6 informant) and his daughter remain critically ill after contact with a nerve agent. A policeman who attended the scene also became seriously ill but is now recovering.

The incident and attendant suspicions are putting further strains on Russia-UK relations.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

link?

Comment

BRITAIN WILL RESPOND IF RUSSIA IS PROVED TO BE BEHIND NERVE ATTACK - MAY

Russian spy attack: British troops deployed to assist nerve agent probe

Russian spy: Salisbury attack was 'brazen and reckless'

Salisbury nerve agent attack: Theresa May prepares 'full spectrum' response to Russian spy poisoning as injury toll rises

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Sounds like the beginning of a James Bond movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Sounds like the beginning of a James Bond movie.
          The Russians and their allies have a long history of using exotic compounds to kill enemies who are overseas.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            Ex-Russian spy Sergei Skripal (a former high-value MI6 informant) and his daughter remain critically ill after contact with a nerve agent. A policeman who attended the scene also became seriously ill but is now recovering.

The incident and attendant suspicions are putting further strains on Russia-UK relations.
            Why are the Brits using nerve gas on Russians?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

What is England going to be able to do to Russia? Sounds like an impotent threat.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

“[Russian state television has warned “traitors” and Kremlin critics that they should not settle in England because of an increased risk of dying in mysterious circumstances.
                “Don’t choose England as a place to live. Whatever the reasons, whether you’re a professional traitor to the motherland or you just hate your country in your spare time, I repeat, no matter, don’t move to England,” the presenter Kirill Kleymenov said during a news programme on Channel One, state TV’s flagship station.
                “Something is not right there. Maybe it’s the climate. But in recent years there have been too many strange incidents with a grave outcome. People get hanged, poisoned, they die in helicopter crashes and fall out of windows in industrial quantities,” Kleymenov said.]”
                https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tle-in-england
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

“[Russian state television has warned “traitors” and Kremlin critics that they should not settle in England because of an increased risk of dying in mysterious circumstances.
                  “Don’t choose England as a place to live. Whatever the reasons, whether you’re a professional traitor to the motherland or you just hate your country in your spare time, I repeat, no matter, don’t move to England,” the presenter Kirill Kleymenov said during a news programme on Channel One, state TV’s flagship station.
                  “Something is not right there. Maybe it’s the climate. But in recent years there have been too many strange incidents with a grave outcome. People get hanged, poisoned, they die in helicopter crashes and fall out of windows in industrial quantities,” Kleymenov said.]”
                  https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tle-in-england
                  That reads like satire.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

[The PM said it was "highly likely" Russia was responsible for the Salisbury attack.

The Foreign Office summoned Russia's ambassador to provide an explanation.

Mrs May said if there is no "credible response" by the end of Tuesday, the UK would conclude there has been an "unlawful use of force" by Moscow.

The chemical used in the attack, the PM said, has been identified as one of a group of nerve agents known as Novichok.

Mrs May said: "Either this was a direct action by the Russian state against our country, or the Russian government lost control of its potentially catastrophically damaging nerve agent and allowed it to get into the hands of others."

She said Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson had told the ambassador Moscow must provide "full and complete disclosure" of the Novichok programme to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.

Mrs May said the UK must stand ready to take much more extensive measures, and these would be set out in the Commons on Wednesday should there be no adequate explanation from Russia.] – BBC news

Putin (the richest, most powerful, most untouchable gangster in the world today) sending a message (as in Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes)?

Comment

[The PM said it was "highly likely" Russia was responsible for the Salisbury attack.

The Foreign Office summoned Russia's ambassador to provide an explanation.

Mrs May said if there is no "credible response" by the end of Tuesday, the UK would conclude there has been an "unlawful use of force" by Moscow.

The chemical used in the attack, the PM said, has been identified as one of a group of nerve agents known as Novichok.

Mrs May said: "Either this was a direct action by the Russian state against our country, or the Russian government lost control of its potentially catastrophically damaging nerve agent and allowed it to get into the hands of others."

She said Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson had told the ambassador Moscow must provide "full and complete disclosure" of the Novichok programme to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.

Mrs May said the UK must stand ready to take much more extensive measures, and these would be set out in the Commons on Wednesday should there be no adequate explanation from Russia.] – BBC news

Putin (the richest, most powerful, most untouchable gangster in the world today) sending a message (as in Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes)?
                      Yeah, but Putin told Trump that he and Russia had nothing to do with it, so I guess that settles that.

Comment

May using oldest tactic in book, start war to distract from own failings. Sad!
                        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                          May using oldest tactic in book, start war to distract from own failings. Sad!
                          You're so transparent Demi, it's laughable

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            You're so transparent Demi, it's laughable
                            Politicians starting war, also wanting to!, when low popularity is oldest trick in book, libtard.
                            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

“As soon as we get the facts straight, if we agree with them, we will condemn Russia or whoever it may be,” – Trump (the POTUS who obviously does not know what FACTS are)

Comment