Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Intel Committee: ‘No Evidence of Collusion’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Intel Committee: ‘No Evidence of Collusion’

Source: House Intelligence Committee Completes Russia Probe: ‘No Evidence of Collusion’ Between Trump Campaign, Russians

The House Intelligence Committee has found there was no evidence of collusion by the Trump campaign with Russians, according to a one-page summary of its findings released on Monday.
    “We have found no evidence of collusion, coordination, or conspiracy between the Trump campaign and the Russians,” said the summary.

The draft report, written by the committee’s majority, will be provided to Democrats on the committee Tuesday for review and comment. It will then be submitted for a declassification review and be made public.

“The report’s completion will signify the closure of one chapter in the Committee’s robust oversight of the threat posed by Moscow — which began well before the investigation and will continue thereafter,” said the summary.

Rep. Mike Conaway (R-TX), who ran the committee’s probe, discussed the extensive efforts behind the findings on Fox News’ Special Report after the summary was released.

“Well, the headlines are that we’ve reached that point where we’ve interviewed all the folks we need to. We’ve looked at some 300,000 documents, 73 interviews that we’ve done across the course of this thing, trying to answer the four questions that were originally set out for the committee to answer,” he said.

“Yes, the Russians tried to interfere with our election process. Yes, they had cyberattacks, active measures going on. We could find no evidence of collusion between either campaign and the Russians,” he added.

The draft report contains more than 40 initial findings, which encompass Russian attacks on European allies, Russian cyberattacks on U.S. political institutions and their use of social media to sow discord, and the “lackluster pre-election response to Russian active measures.”

The report will also concur with the Intelligence Community Assessment’s judgments that Russia interfered in the 2016 elections, but disagree with the assessment that Russian President Vladimir Putin preferred Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton.

Some Russian social media efforts appeared to promote events in support of Clinton, according to indictments issued by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

The committee will continue its investigations into the unmasking of Americans’ names in intelligence reports, as well as abuse of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and other matters, the summary said.

It will also continue to investigate how the Trump dossier “made its way from Russian sources to the Clinton campaign,” as well as “problematic contacts” between senior Intelligence Community officials and the media.

Shortly before the summary was released, investigative journalist Sara Carter reported that former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper allegedly leaked to CNN early last year that President-Elect Donald Trump and President Obama received a classified briefing on the dossier.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...aign-russians/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

The more I look at this the less I think it was even the Russian government trolling social media. I think it was just scammers in Russia trying to make a buck off of fake news. We don't blame the Nigerian government for all of the scams coming out of Nigeria, even the ones claiming to be from the "Prince"

I think Russia and Putin are convenient scapegoats.

Comment

Yeah, but, that's Republicans.

(isn't that what they're going to say?)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Breitbart's concluding paragraph reads: "Shortly before the summary was released, investigative journalist Sara Carter reported that former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper allegedly leaked to CNN early last year that President-Elect Donald Trump and President Obama received a classified briefing on the dossier."

More information about that:

Source: Former DNI James Clapper Allegedly Leaked to CNN, investigation revealed

...according to government sources Clapper, who is not mentioned in the report released Monday, had spoken to CNN at roughly the same time Jake Tapper broke the first story regarding the briefings conducted by senior intelligence officials with Trump and Obama on the dossier. Tapper’s story, which published in January 2017, created a snowball effect of allegations in the media that Trump’s campaign had allegedly colluded with the Russians in the 2016 election and that Russia had compromising material on Trump, sources with knowledge of the investigation concluded.

Clapper was one of four senior Obama administration officials to brief Obama and Trump on the dossier in December 2016. FBI Director James Comey, former CIA Director John Brennan and National Security Administration Director Mike Rogers were also present at the December briefings.

https://saraacarter.com/former-dni-j...tion-revealed/

No named sources, so it's wise to take these kinds of stories with a grain of salt.

But then there's the curious fact that Mr. Clapper apparently lied about the sequence of events in a recent CNN interview. Click the link for full details, but the short version is that Buzzfeed/CNN broke the dossier story on January 10, 2017, before then President-Elect Trump had been briefed on it (this was independently confirmed by several news organizations). Trump then blasted the media in general and Buzzfeed/CNN specifically in his fiery press conference on January 11.

This is where it gets interesting: In his recent CNN interview, James Clapper implies that the President-Elect was briefed about the dossier on January 6 (he wasn't) and that the President-Elect essentially broke the story himself when he held a press conference about it on January 10 (the press conference was really on January 11, after the story had been published by Buzzfeed/CNN).

So this begs the question: Is Clapper a doddering old fool who can't recall the correct sequence of events, or is he being intentionally misleading in order to shield himself from accusations of leaking?

Comment

The Republicans ignored the CIA and FBI intelligence on the subject and did force those who refused to testify. Whether there are problems such as collusion has not been determined yet. It is hoped the other investigations do not get Trumped, before the work is completed.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

"Breitbart lol"
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Yeah, but, that's Republicans.

(isn't that what they're going to say?)
              Cow Poke called it.

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              The Republicans ignored the CIA and FBI intelligence on the subject and did force those who refused to testify. Whether there are problems such as collusion has not been determined yet. It is hoped the other investigations do not get Trumped, before the work is completed.

Comment

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 11.01.52 AM.jpg
                https://twitter.com/TheLastRefuge2/s...040129/photo/1

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  "Breitbart The facts lol"

Comment

Source: GOP Rep Nunes: ‘No Reason’ to Continue Russia Probe — ‘No Evidence of Collusion; We’ve Turned Up Nothing’

HENRY: Why are you ending your Russia probe?

NUNES: We’re ending the beginning of our probe, right? So, the four corners agreement which was made early on, about 14 months ago, looking at collusion. And the reason why is that there is no more left to look at.

HENRY: Adam Schiff says that’s not true.

NUNE: We have interviewed 70-something people. There’s badgering of witnesses that are occurring. Our members have had enough of it. Continual leaks, the Democratic witnesses, the people who they want in the middle of the testimony, there’s leaks.

HENRY: From Democrat Adam Schiff, right?

NUNES: We don’t know, but they sure don’t come from us. There’s no reason to continue this. We have no evidence of collusion. We have turned up nothing.

HENRY: So Schiff says that’s not true. He says there is significant evidence of collusion. He talks about George Papadopoulos. He talks about the secret meeting at Trump Tower. Is he wrong?

NUNES: Yeah, that’s not collusion.

HENRY: What is it?

NUNES: First of all, Papadopoulos, if you believe any of this. We don’t know what the truth is. This was somebody drunk at a bar that passed the intelligence over. We’re still trying to get to the bottom of what really happened there because last time I checked, it’s OK for Americans to get drunk at a bar in London.

HENRY: If that’s against the law, a lot of people in trouble.

NUNES: And he was mouthing off to an Australian diplomat, who supposedly passed this over to the State Department. That’s all we know right now. So that is not — that’s not colluding with Russia. If you take the Trump Tower meeting — is it smart to take a meeting with Russians or any meeting with Russians. Probably not, not a good idea.

HENRY: So bad judgment, but no evidence of collusion?

NUNES: There’s no evidence. We have interviewed most of the people that were in that meeting at Trump Tower, and all of them had have said the same thing, a short meeting, no more than 20 minutes long. They talked about Russian adoptions and came in and out of the room, and they didn’t have anything. What we never got to the bottom of, which I think is still important about that meeting at Trump Tower, Fusion GPS, who was working for the Democratic campaign and the Hillary campaign, met with those Russians right before that Trump Tower meeting and right after.

HENRY: You think maybe they were colluding?

NUNES: I think anybody with any common sense whatsoever has to figure that Fusion GPS knew about that meeting.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...ed-up-nothing/

Comment

The fact that there is no evidence of a collusion is proof that they are hiding evidence of a collusion!

Comment

If there was evidence then somebody would have surely found something by now, given all the strongly motivated people who have been looking very, very hard for it, from the Obama administration, to the Democrat party, the liberal media, anti-Trump Republicans, and so on. Even Mueller has given up the pretense of investigating Russian collusion and has been going on fishing expeditions all over the map trying find something, anything that he can pin on Trump.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...for-documents/

Comment

All that the Democrats have to do is produce some evidence of actual collusion. Interestingly Adam "Shifty" Schiff, the ranking Dem on the House Intelligence Committee, has admitted that after all this time they have failed to find any[1], but is now, according to the Associated Press, claiming there is "significant evidence" of collusion -- but can't figure out what it is.

1. And uses the fact that no evidence has ever been found as the reasoning why they need to keep looking

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

To a conspiracy nut like Schiff, the lack of evidence is the most convincing evidence of all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              To a conspiracy nut like Schiff, the lack of evidence is the most convincing evidence of all.
                              It shows how good the Republicans are at it!

Comment