Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Intel Committee: ‘No Evidence of Collusion’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]27015[/ATTACH]
    That was FAST! You were waiting for that.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      That was FAST! You were waiting for that.

That's one image that I think will persist forever.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I saw a billboard in Indiana with a picture of four flag-draped coffins. Underneath was the caption "This is what difference it makes!"
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Unfortunately Mueller's investigation was not given any restrictions or boundaries so in effect he can do as he pleases.
          I came across this comment on another website, and I very much agree with it:

"My opinion about special counsels is the concept should be abandoned. Use government attorneys to prosecute criminal activity. If no evidence, don’t prosecute. Don’t unleash a mongrel to just go bite anybody he can find. That’s pure politics."

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I came across this comment on another website, and I very much agree with it:

"My opinion about special counsels is the concept should be abandoned. Use government attorneys to prosecute criminal activity. If no evidence, don’t prosecute. Don’t unleash a mongrel to just go bite anybody he can find. That’s pure politics."
            Sure MM, you agree with that sentiment now that the criminal activity alleged of is accusatory of the criminal con man that you helped to put into office. I'll bet you were saying the same thing when Ken Starr was hired by republicans to investigate the Whitewater sham during the Clinton Administration, right?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Sure MM, you agree with that sentiment now that the criminal activity alleged of is accusatory of the criminal con man that you helped to put into office. I'll bet you were saying the same thing when Ken Starr was hired by republicans to investigate the Whitewater sham during the Clinton Administration, right?
              Well, Whitewater was, indeed, a sham, so I'll give you that!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                I wouldn't exactly describe the Starr investigation as a model of how special prosecutions should be handled. He wasn't anywhere near as bad as Mueller has been, but there were several notable deficiencies in that investigation. The Scooter Libby scandal was another black-eye for the concept of special prosecutors. This whole idea that we can legally unleash someone who has a virtually unrestricted ability to go after anybody they want for anything they want without evidence that a crime was committed, or even without a crime being specified(!), flies in the face of the concept of justice and due process.
                Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-20-2018, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't exactly describe the Starr investigation as a model of how special prosecutions should be handled.
                  Oh, and here I thought you were just saying that special prosecutors shouldn't exist at all.

He wasn't anywhere near as bad as Mueller has been,
                  Well of course.
                  The Scooter Libby scandal was another black-eye for the concept of special prosecutors.
                  Well of course, like i said, special investigators are horrible, when the investigated is a republican.

This whole idea that we can legally unleash someone who has a virtually unrestricted ability to go after anybody they want for anything they want without evidence that a crime was committed, or even without a crime being specified(!), flies in the face of the concept of justice and due process.
                  Ah, in this case there is evidence, which is why Trump was forced to let General Flynn go, and why Trump fired Comey for not letting the Flynn matter go. Of course the evidence has been mounting ever since and as Rep. Trey Gowdy said to Trumps lawyer, "if your client is innocent, then act like it." In other words Trump is acting like he is guilty, and there's only one reason that someone acts like they are guilty.

Comment

...and why Trump fired Comey for not letting the Flynn matter go...
                    I'm gonna bet that history will show that Comey needed firing.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      Oh, and here I thought you were just saying that special prosecutors shouldn't exist at all.
                      Yes, that is what I was saying. If there is evidence that a crime was committed by someone in government then assign it to a federal prosecutor to investigate and prosecute just like you would any other crime. Special counsels are, more often than not, little more than political hitmen.

Comment

I'm gonna bet that history will show that Comey needed firing.
                        There's also the fact that many high-profile Democrats were calling for his firing, right up until Trump actually fired him.

Comment

There's also the fact that many high-profile Democrats were calling for his firing, right up until Trump actually fired him.
                          Yeah, the more we find out about the whole Comey thing, the worse it's looking for him.

Comment

Yeah, the more we find out about the whole Comey thing, the worse it's looking for him.
                            Well of course, and Gen Flynn was obviously being framed.

Comment

Well of course, and Gen Flynn was obviously being framed.
                              Nobody ever said that. You really have a gift of the absurd.

Comment

in 10 years nobody will even remember who Comey was.

Comment