Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Student kicked out for telling professor there are only two genders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Source: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/12/college-student-kicked-out-class-for-telling-professor-there-are-only-two-genders.html

College student kicked out of class for telling professor there are only two genders

A religious studies major was barred from Christianity class at Indiana University of Pennsylvania for saying during class that there are only two genders.

Lake Ingle, a senior at the university, said he was silenced and punished by IUP Professor Alison Downie for questioning her during a Feb. 28 “Christianity 481: Self, Sin, and Salvation” lecture.

After showing a 15-minute TED Talk by transgender ex-pastor Paula Stone Williams discussing the “reality” of “mansplaining,” “sexism from men,” and “male privilege,” the professor asked the women in the class to share their thoughts. When no women in the class said anything, Ingle spoke up, challenging the professor on biology and the gender wage gap.

He told the class that the official view of biologists is that there are only two genders.

The feminist professor booted him from class and asked him not to come back. She referred him to the public university’s Academic Integrity Board (AIB). Ingle needs to complete the class to graduate at the end of the semester.

“You are barred from attending this class in accordance with the Classroom Disruption policy,” IUP Provost Timothy Moerland told Ingle in a March 2 letter.

Ingle said what the professor did was unconstitutional.

“My professor is violating my First Amendment rights because of the fact that my views and ideology is different from hers,” Ingle told Fox News. “So she took it on herself to silence and embarrass me – bully me – for speaking up in class.”

© Copyright Original Source

more at the link above.
    Well that figures, more Fox News BS. The guy wasn't kicked out for voicing his opinion, he was kicked out for disrupting the class. Read the complaint document!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Well that figures, more Fox News BS. The guy wasn't kicked out for voicing his opinion, he was kicked out for disrupting the class. Read the complaint document!
      See my post above to Starlight. What do you expect the professor to put on the complaint document if she was trying to get him kicked out of her class? That he was polite?

Also there are several other news sources of this situation which say the same thing. If you don't like my source, find another.

https://www.indianagazette.com/news/...76ab518cf.html

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
        Typical liberal thinking: An accusation is as good as a conviction.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

See my post above to Starlight. What do you expect the professor to put on the complaint document if she was trying to get him kicked out of her class? That he was polite?

Also there are several other news sources of this situation which say the same thing. If you don't like my source, find another.

It's Fox News! You have no more idea of what went on in the class than does anyone else. The Professor claims she booted him because was disrupting the class, he says he was booted just for voicing his opinion. I tend to believe the Professor. You people have a persecution complex and think that everyone is out to get you. When you know what actually happened let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Typical liberal thinking: An accusation is as good as a conviction.

Mirror Mirror! You're the one doing the convicting dopey.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              Mirror Mirror! You're the one doing the convicting dopey.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's Fox News! You have no more idea of what went on in the class than does anyone else. The Professor claims she booted him because was disrupting the class, he says he was booted just for voicing his opinion. I tend to believe the Professor. You people have a persecution complex and think that everyone is out to get you. When you know what actually happened let us know.
                I gave you another link to an independent news source. Said the same thing.

I don't expect you to believe anything I post a link to. You are prejudiced.

Comment

It's called "liberal tolerance", silly pirate.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

"LOL Faux Noose"
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      It's called "liberal tolerance", silly pirate.
                      It's nothing but ad hominem. Attack the person or source. The best Jimmy can do.

Comment

It's Fox News!
                        Hey Jim, the Indiana Gazette is not Fox News.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          Well I've seen how Trump and his conservative supporters react to hecklers and it's not pretty.
                          The hecklers hired by a Democrat Congressman's husband to stir up trouble and instigate fights at Trump rallies
                          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          And let's not forget how the DNC and Hillary campaign were caught red-handed funding professional rioters to go to Trump campaign rallies to cause disturbances so that their sycophants in the press could declare that it was Trump's fault for being polarizing or attracting violent elements.

Robert Creamer, a convicted felon[1] who is the husband of Rep. Jan Schakowsk (D-Ill.) a member of House Democratic leadership being the Chief Deputy Whip, and runs a political consulting firm that worked closely with the DNC and the Hillary campaign, was recorded boasting of orchestrating political violence designed to disrupt Trump rallies. Or as CNN put it, the video showed "Creamer and other operatives purportedly discussing methods for inciting violence at rallies for the Republican nominee."

According to the Chicago Sun Times, "White House visitor logs show Creamer has made 340 visits since Obama took office in January 2009" and it appears that at least 45 of those meetings were with Obama

The same goes for Scott Foval, the National Field Director for Americans United for Change, who as NPR (hardly a right wing source), "detailed how he and other operatives recruit and train people to protest Trump events and to try to draw Trump supporters into physical confrontations. “There's a script,” he says. “Sometimes the 'crazies' bite ... sometimes they don't bite.”"

Further he boasted that his rent-a-mobs were responsible for forcing Trump to cancel a campaign rally in Chicago last March although Aaron Black, an associate with Democracy Partners (Creamer's firm) who bragged that he was the "deputy rapid response director for the DNC for all things Trump on the ground," also took credit for it saying, "So the Chicago protest, when they shut all that, that was us. It was more [Creamer] than me."

1. who served only 5 months in federal prison after pleading guilty to tax fraud and operating a check kiting scheme responsible for $2.3 million in bank fraud. Must be nice having a wife with major political connections.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                            P1: A liberal did this.
                            C1: All liberals do this.
                            C2: We are justified in doing this to all liberals.

There's a couple problems with that reasoning.
                            Point out one liberal who while getting heckled didn't pretty much freak out or over-react in response

smiley waiting-impatient.gif

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's Fox News!
                              Hmmm. Sparko links to the Indiana Gazette and poor little jimmy (who obviously didn't click the link) responds by hand waving it away as coming from "Fox News"

Next thing you know he'll start simply dismissing anything he doesn't like as being nothing more than a "right wing meme" or something silly like that.

Comment

"Breitbart lol"
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment