Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Student kicked out for telling professor there are only two genders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student kicked out for telling professor there are only two genders

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/12/college-student-kicked-out-class-for-telling-professor-there-are-only-two-genders.html

College student kicked out of class for telling professor there are only two genders

A religious studies major was barred from Christianity class at Indiana University of Pennsylvania for saying during class that there are only two genders.

Lake Ingle, a senior at the university, said he was silenced and punished by IUP Professor Alison Downie for questioning her during a Feb. 28 “Christianity 481: Self, Sin, and Salvation” lecture.

After showing a 15-minute TED Talk by transgender ex-pastor Paula Stone Williams discussing the “reality” of “mansplaining,” “sexism from men,” and “male privilege,” the professor asked the women in the class to share their thoughts. When no women in the class said anything, Ingle spoke up, challenging the professor on biology and the gender wage gap.

He told the class that the official view of biologists is that there are only two genders.

The feminist professor booted him from class and asked him not to come back. She referred him to the public university’s Academic Integrity Board (AIB). Ingle needs to complete the class to graduate at the end of the semester.

“You are barred from attending this class in accordance with the Classroom Disruption policy,” IUP Provost Timothy Moerland told Ingle in a March 2 letter.

Ingle said what the professor did was unconstitutional.

“My professor is violating my First Amendment rights because of the fact that my views and ideology is different from hers,” Ingle told Fox News. “So she took it on herself to silence and embarrass me – bully me – for speaking up in class.”

© Copyright Original Source

more at the link above.

Doesn't sound like it's a "Christianity" class worth being in anyway.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Alliance Defense will probably be defending this student.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Religious Studies does not seem to be a major worth pursuing to begin with. If you're going to study religion, why not attend a place that actually practices it?
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

He has a case he waited to let the women speak when they didn't he did he was not disrupting the class. She did not like that he brought facts to her indoctrination attempt and refused to be indoctrinated.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Doesn't sound like it's a "Christianity" class worth being in anyway.
            That ^^^

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Source: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/12/college-student-kicked-out-class-for-telling-professor-there-are-only-two-genders.html

College student kicked out of class for telling professor there are only two genders

A religious studies major was barred from Christianity class at Indiana University of Pennsylvania for saying during class that there are only two genders.

Lake Ingle, a senior at the university, said he was silenced and punished by IUP Professor Alison Downie for questioning her during a Feb. 28 “Christianity 481: Self, Sin, and Salvation” lecture.

After showing a 15-minute TED Talk by transgender ex-pastor Paula Stone Williams discussing the “reality” of “mansplaining,” “sexism from men,” and “male privilege,” the professor asked the women in the class to share their thoughts. When no women in the class said anything, Ingle spoke up, challenging the professor on biology and the gender wage gap.

He told the class that the official view of biologists is that there are only two genders.

The feminist professor booted him from class and asked him not to come back. She referred him to the public university’s Academic Integrity Board (AIB). Ingle needs to complete the class to graduate at the end of the semester.

“You are barred from attending this class in accordance with the Classroom Disruption policy,” IUP Provost Timothy Moerland told Ingle in a March 2 letter.

Ingle said what the professor did was unconstitutional.

“My professor is violating my First Amendment rights because of the fact that my views and ideology is different from hers,” Ingle told Fox News. “So she took it on herself to silence and embarrass me – bully me – for speaking up in class.”

© Copyright Original Source

more at the link above.
              He should file a complaint against the teacher saying she assumed gender and he was only responding to her question.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                He should file a complaint against the teacher saying she assumed gender and he was only responding to her question.
                That ^^^

Comment

More liberal tolerance!
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Tolerant of anyone that agrees with them?
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Wow, that class room seemed all messed up.( Talk by transgender ex-pastor Paula Stone Williams, “sexism from men,” and “male privilege). I guess all they can do is try to shut you up if you have a different opinion. It's funny how they always say they are open minded but they are not. They are only open minded to all kind of evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Magenta View Post

Wow, that class room seemed all messed up.( Talk by transgender ex-pastor Paula Stone Williams, “sexism from men,” and “male privilege). I guess all they can do is try to shut you up if you have a different opinion. It's funny how they always say they are open minded but they are not. They are only open minded to all kind of evil.
                        I've seen this with Mormons. There is a massive persecution complex in what the Professor was doing. If you disagree with them, you are persecuting them. You are hateful, narrow minded bigots who are blinded by hate and privilege. Sometime it would be wonderful if they could...well...fortify their constitution...
                        I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                          I've seen this with Mormons. There is a massive persecution complex in what the Professor was doing. If you disagree with them, you are persecuting them. You are hateful, narrow minded bigots who are blinded by hate and privilege. Sometime it would be wonderful if they could...well...fortify their constitution...
                          Lately it's a lot of groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                            Lately it's a lot of groups.
                            We've "progressed" into a victimhood society/culture

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              We've "progressed" into a victimhood society/culture
                              Well, that's sad. You can't identify as a victim long term! That would be like if a boy was a victim of a mugging that killed his parents and he never got past it! To the point of dressing up as a bat and fighting crime! Except that's still better than whining about how no one understands and everyone else is at fault.... Wait...
                              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment