Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump replaces Tillerson on Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    That was primarily his appeal, and the surprising thing is that conservatives preferred him over Santorum, Graham, and a host of other more seasoned and articulate GOP statesmen. His “Mountain Men” base wanted titilation over substance and experience. In a nation of grown-up infants, I suppose this shouldn’t be surprising.
    I wanted Kasich, but after he lost, it was either Trump or Hillary. Nope or Noper. So Trump. That he is causing liberals to have spastic attacks is just a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I wanted Kasich, but after he lost, it was either Trump or Hillary. Nope or Noper. So Trump. That he is causing liberals to have spastic attacks is just a bonus.
      I wanted Cruz or Rand Paul at the start. I would still vote for Paul as president, but not Cruz after he revealed how slimy he could be during the primaries.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
        That was primarily his appeal, and the surprising thing is that conservatives preferred him over Santorum, Graham, and a host of other more seasoned and articulate GOP statesmen. His “Mountain Men” base wanted titilation over substance and experience. In a nation of grown-up infants, I suppose this shouldn’t be surprising.
        Santorum is widely viewed as a loser (he couldn't even get re-elected in his home state) and Graham is seen by many as being little different from his good friend John McCain (although their voting records differ significantly). Aside from that 2016 was the Year of the Outsider, which neither of them are.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment