Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

National School Walkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
    If by property, you're speaking specifically of "a dangerous, lethal firearm," and if the moment it's determined includes a determination that the person is emotionally or in some other sense psychologically unstable, then yes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• I'd be open to compensating them for the financial hit.

This was a 'should we" question.
      Should we allow the government to ...

The premise allows for changing things we don't like.

Because of its propensity to do damage, that car would have to be insured around here, which brings up yet another possible line of regulation.

Comment

I'd be open to compensating them for the financial hit.
        Expanding imminent domain to cover things like cars and firearms is a great idea

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Expanding imminent domain to cover things like cars and firearms is a great idea
          *eminent

Not that that's accurate either.

We've done buybacks before, and straight up confiscation as well.

Enforcing insurance is a good idea, too. Victims deserve compensation.

Comment

*eminent
            I, uh, meant that. Yeah. That's it.

And even Obama's cash for clunkers didn't force folks to turn their older cars over (I didn't and later sold it for double what the government had offered two years earlier).
            Last edited by rogue06; 04-08-2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Amazing observation considering that the Constitution itself provides the mechanism for altering it.

What's next? A big announcement concerning your discovery that water is wet?
              Yes, I know, it just seems we have to remind some of you out there of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Yes, I know, it just seems we have to remind some of you out there of that.
                Now if you could just some of your friend on the left to realize this rather than continuing to pretend that it is a "living document" where you just make up what it says and means for whatever situation arises.

Comment

Now if you could just some of your friend on the left to realize this rather than continuing to pretend that it is a "living document" where you just make up what it says and means for whatever situation arises.
                  No one is making up what it says, it's called interpretation. The 2nd amendment doesn't say that the right to keep and bear arms is limited, thats not even in the document, but the SCOTUS, using common sense, has made that determination itself. Well, the document also doesn't say that the right is a natural right, that isn't dependent upon the times and circumstances of its writing. As a people, we could repeal the whole thing if we wished to, though few are suggesting that.

Comment

There's no better place to begin if we're interested in preventing terrorists, foreign and home-grown, from getting guns.

It's a sensible idea.

Not perfect, but sensible.

If the no fly lists need fixing, fix them.
                    Get them out of thee hands of the politicians.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment