Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe fired

Source: Jeff Sessions Gives Andy McCabe the Boot, May Deny Him FBI Pension

Attorney General Jeff Sessions, acting on the recommendation of the Department of Justice Inspector General (IG), fired former FBI Deputy Director Andrew “Andy” McCabe Friday.

By dismissing McCabe – who was set to retire at the end of the month – before Sunday, Sessions may have jeopardized McCabe’s ability to draw a pension. Speculation Sessions might make this move has stirred since the IG’s review, which is yet to be publically disclosed, was reported to have recommend McCabe be fired over his handling of press disclosures during his investigation of the Clinton Foundation.

Attorney General Sessions issued the following statement, announcing his decision:

After an extensive and fair investigation and according to Department of Justice procedure, the Department’s Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provided its report on allegations of misconduct by Andrew McCabe to the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR).

The FBI’s OPR then reviewed the report and underlying documents and issued a disciplinary proposal recommending the dismissal of Mr. McCabe. Both the OIG and FBI OPR reports concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor − including under oath − on multiple occasions.

The FBI expects every employee to adhere to the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and accountability. As the OPR proposal stated, “all FBI employees know that lacking candor under oath results in dismissal and that our integrity is our brand.”

Pursuant to Department Order 1202, and based on the report of the Inspector General, the findings of the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility, and the recommendation of the Department’s senior career official, I have terminated the employment of Andrew McCabe effective immediately.

McCabe reportedly already had stepped down from his number two spot at the FBI following the House Intelligence Committee’s review of a memo dealing with, among other things, McCabe’s handling of a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court warrant application.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...m-fbi-pension/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

From NBC

Source: Sessions fires McCabe before he can retire

Attorney General Jeff Sessions late Friday night accepted the recommendation that former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, who took the reins of the agency during the turbulent days after the abrupt firing of James Comey, be terminated — two days before he was to retire and become eligible for full pension benefits.

Though McCabe — who has been attacked by President Donald Trump — stepped down as deputy director in late January, he remained on the federal payroll, planning to retire on Sunday. The firing places his federal pension in jeopardy.

Unlike Trump's removal of Comey last year, which produced widespread resentment inside the FBI, McCabe's termination was recommended by the agency he served for 21 years.

Sunday is McCabe's 50th birthday, which would have made him eligible for certain substantial retirement benefits.

The FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility proposed the termination, based on the findings of the Justice Department's inspector general. That office has been examining the bureau's handling of the Clinton e-mail investigation.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Story continues at link above

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

“I am being singled out and treated this way because of the role I played, the actions I took, and the events I witnessed in the aftermath of the firing of James Comey. The release of this report was accelerated only after my testimony to the House Intelligence Committee revealed that I would corroborate former Director Comey’s accounts of his discussions with the President. The OIG’s focus on me and this report became a part of an unprecedented effort by the Administration, driven by the President himself, to remove me from my position, destroy my reputation, and possibly strip me of a pension that I worked 21 years to earn. The accelerated release of the report, and the punitive actions taken in response, make sense only when viewed through this lens.” – McCabe

[On Twitter, Trump repeatedly singled out McCabe, writing in December 2017, for example, that “FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is racing the clock to retire with full benefits. 90 days to go?!!!” Privately, Trump reportedly asked McCabe to “ask his wife how it feels to be a loser,” in reference to her earlier campaign. He also reportedly asked McCabe who he voted for in the 2016 election. (According to a CNN report, McCabe voted in the 2016 Republican primary in Virginia, but not the general election.)]

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...he-fbi/555857/
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

McCabe =

Translation: "I'm not sorry I did it, I'm just sorry I got caught."

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          McCabe =

Translation: "I'm not sorry I did it, I'm just sorry I got caught."
          More crying of progs to come, I hear!
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

McCabe is probably so upset because he thought he had successfully run out the clock and was home free. Had to be a rude awakening to have the rug so suddenly pulled out from under his feet just as he was sprinting for the exit.

Comment

dag.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                “I am being singled out and treated this way because of the role I played, the actions I took, and the events I witnessed in the aftermath of the firing of James Comey. The release of this report was accelerated only after my testimony to the House Intelligence Committee revealed that I would corroborate former Director Comey’s accounts of his discussions with the President. The OIG’s focus on me and this report became a part of an unprecedented effort by the Administration, driven by the President himself, to remove me from my position, destroy my reputation, and possibly strip me of a pension that I worked 21 years to earn. The accelerated release of the report, and the punitive actions taken in response, make sense only when viewed through this lens.” – McCabe

[On Twitter, Trump repeatedly singled out McCabe, writing in December 2017, for example, that “FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is racing the clock to retire with full benefits. 90 days to go?!!!” Privately, Trump reportedly asked McCabe to “ask his wife how it feels to be a loser,” in reference to her earlier campaign. He also reportedly asked McCabe who he voted for in the 2016 election. (According to a CNN report, McCabe voted in the 2016 Republican primary in Virginia, but not the general election.)]

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...he-fbi/555857/
                Yeah, you'd think he'd just say "I'm guilty as hell and I deserve what I get".
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  McCabe is probably so upset because he thought he had successfully run out the clock and was home free. Had to be a rude awakening to have the rug so suddenly pulled out from under his feet just as he was sprinting for the exit.
                  I think this whole gang just assumed Hillary was going to be POTUS, and everything would be swept under the rug.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Way to go McCabe. he can say he did all he could do for the Democratic par ... oops .... for America

Maybe some people are learning that if you don't do your job right you can get fired. More clearing of the swamp

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                      Way to go McCabe. he can say he did all he could do for the Democratic par ... oops .... for America

Maybe some people are learning that if you don't do your job right you can get fired. More clearing of the swamp
                      It's a pretty bold move to fire him prior to his retirement package kicking in - I'm guessing they must have a pretty solid case. This doesn't mean McCabe won't win it back - it's nearly impossible to take that away from somebody protected by "civil service".

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Yeah, you'd think he'd just say "I'm guilty as hell and I deserve what I get".
                        This business says a lot more about Trump and his supporters than it does about McCabe. Pretty soon there’s just going to be a wet patch where the GOP used to be.

“Trump decided months ago that McCabe was somehow a secret Hillary Clinton plant, or some delusional paranoid fantasy along those lines, and began obsessively trying to force McCabe to resign. McCabe announced he was retiring, but that wasn’t enough, and Trump decided to go after his pension as well.”
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          This business says a lot more about Trump and his supporters than it does about McCabe.
                          In your mind, sure. You don't know squat about what actually happened, but feel free to bloviate.

Comment

I think this whole gang just assumed Hillary was going to be POTUS, and everything would be swept under the rug.
                            I've been saying that for a while. They were blatant about it because they never thought they would get caught.

Comment

It's a pretty bold move to fire him prior to his retirement package kicking in - I'm guessing they must have a pretty solid case. This doesn't mean McCabe won't win it back - it's nearly impossible to take that away from somebody protected by "civil service".
                              It's a bold move, and it sends a loud message to the swamp: You're not safe.
                              Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-17-2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment