Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Ethics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    You are leaving many important parts out of the quote of my post, so here I will repeat it in full:

"Yet another post with no substance. Please answer the point which was: "In this particular case you have replied 3 minutes after I wrote the post you are replying to which means that you have either responded without reading the article or read and commented on the article in 3 minutes. No wonder there is no substance in it."

Let's see an answer and not a change of subject."

Once again: Let's see an answer and not a change of subject.
    beatings continue.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
      You are leaving many important parts out of blah blah blah
      i wonder why you're so reluctant to say whether or not your quoted paragraph accurately represented the entire editorial?

Actually, I don't wonder at all. I know exactly why you won't answer.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        i wonder why you're so reluctant to say whether or not your quoted paragraph accurately represented the entire editorial?

Actually, I don't wonder at all. I know exactly why you won't answer.

I wont answer because you are trying to change the subject and now you are trying to throw dirt on me with insinuations instead of just answering. It does not seem to strengthen any idea of substance in your general approach.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Generally it is a good idea to consider the observations and discuss or refute them if you find them wrong instead of seemingly refuting it solely based on the fact that it is an opinion piece which no one refuses it is.
          You were basically arguing by weblink and didn't actually present any information to discuss other than someone's opinion without any context or input of your own. We don't generally debate weblink arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            You were basically arguing by weblink and didn't actually present any information to discuss other than someone's opinion without any context or input of your own. We don't generally debate weblink arguments.
            I was not arguing by weblink. I was pointing to a quote I found interesting and people could read it in my post. The link was there because you need to point to the source. You don't need to use it in order to see the point.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

I wont answer because...
              ...you know that responding either "yes" or "no" will hang you out to dry.
              Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-19-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

I was pointing to a quote I found interesting and people could read it in my post.
                Which is to say that you thought the quote was representative of the larger opinion piece right?

Which means that my dismissing the quote and the opinion piece it came from as laughable and not worth my time was the correct response, right?

Which means you've just been hoisted by your own petard, right?

Comment

Which is to say that you thought the quote was representative of the larger opinion piece right?

Which means that my dismissing the quote and the opinion piece it came from as laughable and not worth my time was the correct response, right?

Which means you've just been hoisted by your own petard, right?
                  It takes quite many personal attacks to cover up for your need to answer a very simple question. Will we get an answer?

Comment

It takes quite many personal attacks to cover up for your need to answer a very simple question. Will we get an answer?
                    beating_a_dead_horse_by_potatoehuman-d3fead4.jpg
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...you know that responding either "yes" or "no" will hang you out to dry.
                      You are afraid of bringing the entire part of my post? Read it again: "I wont answer because you are trying to change the subject and now you are trying to throw dirt on me with insinuations instead of just answering. It does not seem to strengthen any idea of substance in your general approach."

Comment

I was not arguing by weblink. I was pointing to a quote I found interesting and people could read it in my post. The link was there because you need to point to the source. You don't need to use it in order to see the point.
                        Like I said, just posting someone's opinion is not a good debate tactic. You can do it if you want, but nobody is going to take it seriously, or respond to it, other than to make a comment back. Which is what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by The Remonstrant View Post
                          You will find a fair amount of dishonesty across the political spectrum.
                          Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                          Yes, you will.

But I have to wonder if my inclusion in your list suggests you are finding dishonesty in something I posted?
                          No; it was a general observation.
                          For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Comment

TRUMP ETHICS
                            Huh, what, Trump ethics?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              You were accusing him of being juvenile. I think that is his modus operandi as evidenced by his avatar of a school jock giving a noogie.
                              I forget exactly, but I think picture was from NYT or Wapo.
                              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

But it has no place in the highest office in the land.
                                Yes, is great that Clintons are not in White House!!!
                                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment