Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Ethics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Ethics

Every indication is that the highest value in the Trump ethical hierarchy is "money" and "winning." We don't know a lot about how the presidency is enriching the Trump family because the Trump tax returns are "verboten." But we have reason to believe the soft stance on Russia is to protect future (and current?) Trump real estate interests in Russia. And this is another view into the ethics of Trump financial dealings.

They didn't originate this philosophy. But it has no place in the highest office in the land.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Wow, Russian conspiracy theories and the tax-return red herring. All we needed was a reference to the "golden shower" dossier and you would have hit the trifecta.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Wow, Russian conspiracy theories and the tax-return red herring. All we needed was a reference to the "golden shower" dossier and you would have hit the trifecta.

I suspect any hope of a response from you with some actual substance is probably doomed to failure...

What I find interesting, is that the AP is "a credible source" when they publish something that substantiates your political views, and they are readily dismissed when they do not. That doesn't tell us much about the AP, but it does tell us a lot about you...
      Last edited by carpedm9587; 03-18-2018, 03:42 PM.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post

I suspect any hope of a response from you with some actual substance is probably doomed to failure...

What I find interesting, is that the AP is "a credible source" when they publish something that substantiates your political views, and they are readily dismissed when they do not. That doesn't tell us much about the AP, but it does tell us a lot about you...
        I wasn't responding to the AP, I was responding to you, and I included as much substance in my response as was warranted by your recitation of the usual anti-Trump talking points.

Besides, the story is about Jared Kushner's law firm. How this has any bearing on President Trump is apparently left to the fevered imaginations of liberals.

Comment

An interesting observation on Trump ethics:

As tempting as it is to hammer Mr. Trump for his epic hypocrisy, it is a mistake. The president’s boundless benefit of the doubt for the Rob Porters and Roy Moores of the world, combined with off-with-their-heads capriciousness for immigrants accused of even minor crimes, is not a contradiction. It is the expression of a consistent worldview that he campaigned on and has pursued in office.

In this view, crime is not defined by a specific offense. Crime is defined by who commits it.
          https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/17/o...pgtype=article
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            An interesting observation on Trump ethics...
            This should read "An interesting () observation on Trump ethics..."

You know, just so you get the full effect.

Comment

This should read "An interesting () observation on Trump ethics..."

You know, just so you get the full effect.
              In this particular case you have replied 3 minutes after I wrote the post you are replying to which means that you have either responded without reading the article or read and commented on the article in 3 minutes. No wonder there is no substance in it. If you reflect you may get the full effect. But it takes time.
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Hillary is not POTUS
                SCOTUS is not Hillary's

Yeah, that's all I got on this.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Putin’s keeping the video safe, don’t you worry. That’s his leverage. He might let you see it the next time he needs a major distraction.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Every indication is that the highest value in the Trump ethical hierarchy is "money" and "winning." We don't know a lot about how the presidency is enriching the Trump family because the Trump tax returns are "verboten." But we have reason to believe the soft stance on Russia is to protect future (and current?) Trump real estate interests in Russia. And this is another view into the ethics of Trump financial dealings.

They didn't originate this philosophy. But it has no place in the highest office in the land.
                    I wasn't aware he had any ethics to speak of....

http://time.com/4101290/what-the-leg...t-its-founder/

Also, if you have Netflix check out the Dirty Money episode about Trump's business empire. Very interesting.
                    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

I wasn't responding to the AP, I was responding to you, and I included as much substance in my response as was warranted by your recitation of the usual anti-Trump talking points.

Besides, the story is about Jared Kushner's law firm. How this has any bearing on President Trump is apparently left to the fevered imaginations of liberals.
                      How it has something to do with Trump and Russia is ????? who knows the libtard mind???
                      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Or might have something to do with the general ethic of the people at the highest levels of our cirrent executive branch...

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                          I wasn't aware he had any ethics to speak of....

http://time.com/4101290/what-the-leg...t-its-founder/

Also, if you have Netflix check out the Dirty Money episode about Trump's business empire. Very interesting.
                          I am under no illusion that Trump has any ethics whatsoever. I will review the Dirty Money story, but I have already reviewed enoough about Mr. Trump's business dealings to make me aware of his lack of ethical foundation. I just cannot figure how he has become the darling child of the Christian right. Something is seriously wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                            How it has something to do with Trump and Russia is ????? who knows the libtard mind???
                            You know, mostly I just ignore these posts. But I am seriously curious: how does any moderately mature adult in 2018 think that responding to people with "libtard" as anything more than grade school name calling? Is there any possibility for raising the discussion to adult levels?

I'm going to assume not. The usual response to such questions is to point out how the questionner is also "shaming" the other person.

At some point, people have to just shake their heads and wonder, "what the heck?"

Comment

You know, mostly I just ignore these posts. But I am seriously curious: how does any moderately mature adult in 2018 think that responding to people with "libtard" as anything more than grade school name calling? Is there any possibility for raising the discussion to adult levels?

I'm going to assume not. The usual response to such questions is to point out how the questionner is also "shaming" the other person.

At some point, people have to just shake their heads and wonder, "what the heck?"
                              I was talking to MM when I said 'libtard', not you.

Libs don't have problems with calling targets to their face 'deplorables', 'racist', 'bigots', 'sexist', so stop pretending level of civility exists that doesn't. Sad!
                              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment