Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Ethics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    In this particular case you have replied 3 minutes after I wrote the post you are replying to which means that you have either responded without reading the article or read and commented on the article in 3 minutes. No wonder there is no substance in it. If you reflect you may get the full effect. But it takes time.
    Do you feel that the paragraph you quoted accurately reflects the tone and (lack of) substance of the entire editorial?

If yes, then my response is wholly justified.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      I've noticed it. Does it have significance?
      You were accusing him of being juvenile. I think that is his modus operandi as evidenced by his avatar of a school jock giving a noogie.

Comment

Where did Charles do that? He noted it was an "interesting observation." When I followed the link, it was immediately clear that it was an opinion piece (also marked as such at the top). It dovetails with my own conclusions after observing Trump for over two years now. While there is a chance that may be confirmation bias, I think Mr. Trump's behavior speaks for itself pretty well.
        as you say, examples are not evidence. He was using an opinion piece as an argument against Trump in a debate thread. That usually doesn't hold much water. I was just informing on the weakness of his argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          as you say, examples are not evidence. He was using an opinion piece as an argument against Trump in a debate thread. That usually doesn't hold much water. I was just informing on the weakness of his argument.
          Ahhh... I missed the fact that this was part of a larger argument. I saw your response, traced it back to his post, and followed his link. I did not go back further to trace the prior discussion. But I'm not sure this article is "an example." It's an opinion piece that cites a fair amount of evidence for its positions. I happen to agree with the observations made.

That being said - I have no idea what the rest of the argument was, so I probably spoke out of turn.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

You were accusing him of being juvenile. I think that is his modus operandi as evidenced by his avatar of a school jock giving a noogie.
            Ahhh...good point. Perhaps his behavior is just a reflection of his youth. In any event, his modus operandi is not likely to change at this point, so I'll leave him to his "libtards." Like Trump, I don't think he grasps that his selection of language says more about him than the person he's leveling it at.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Ahhh... I missed the fact that this was part of a larger argument. I saw your response, traced it back to his post, and followed his link. I did not go back further to trace the prior discussion. But I'm not sure this article is "an example." It's an opinion piece that cites a fair amount of evidence for its positions. I happen to agree with the observations made.

That being said - I have no idea what the rest of the argument was, so I probably spoke out of turn.
              He was using an opinion piece to back up YOUR argument.

Comment

Ahhh...good point. Perhaps his behavior is just a reflection of his youth. In any event, his modus operandi is not likely to change at this point, so I'll leave him to his "libtards." Like Trump, I don't think he grasps that his selection of language says more about him than the person he's leveling it at.
                You know how I think JimL and Tassman are just liberal trolls who just spout the party line and makes comments just to stir things up? Demi is the conservative equivalent. Pay him no attention.

Comment

Generally it is not a good idea to present an opinion piece as "news" or any sort of "truth" - it is an opinion piece, a single point of view from someone. Generally opinion pieces are also hit/attack pieces.
                  Generally it is a good idea to consider the observations and discuss or refute them if you find them wrong instead of seemingly refuting it solely based on the fact that it is an opinion piece which no one refuses it is.
                  Last edited by Charles; 03-19-2018, 11:35 AM.
                  "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Do you feel that the paragraph you quoted accurately reflects the tone and (lack of) substance of the entire editorial?

If yes, then my response is wholly justified.
                    Yet another post with no substance. Please answer the point which was: "In this particular case you have replied 3 minutes after I wrote the post you are replying to which means that you have either responded without reading the article or read and commented on the article in 3 minutes. No wonder there is no substance in it."

Let's see an answer and not a change of subject.
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

He was using an opinion piece to back up YOUR argument.
                      LOL... now THAT's irony.

Comment

You know how I think JimL and Tassman are just liberal trolls who just spout the party line and makes comments just to stir things up? Demi is the conservative equivalent. Pay him no attention.
                        I'm sure that there are people here who have the same opinion of me. So...glass houses and all that...

Comment

I'm sure that there are people here who have the same opinion of me. So...glass houses and all that...
                          This is about me, isn't it?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                            Yet another post with no substance.
                            I asked a very simple question.

Feel free to answer with a simple "yes" or "no".

Once you've answered my question then maybe it will dawn on you that I did answer yours.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              This is about me, isn't it?
                              Actually I wasn't thinking of you specifically - but now that you mention it, you have questioned if the "real me" is coming out recently. So perhaps you do have this view? I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                I asked a very simple question.

Feel free to answer with a simple "yes" or "no".

Once you've answered my question then maybe it will dawn on you that I did answer yours.

You are leaving many important parts out of the quote of my post, so here I will repeat it in full:

"Yet another post with no substance. Please answer the point which was: "In this particular case you have replied 3 minutes after I wrote the post you are replying to which means that you have either responded without reading the article or read and commented on the article in 3 minutes. No wonder there is no substance in it."

Let's see an answer and not a change of subject."

Once again: Let's see an answer and not a change of subject.

Comment