Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Thoughts Go Out to Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religion, home schooling, social isolation, conservative values and an enquiring mind? Was Mark Anthony Conditt suffering from a severe case of cognitive dissonance? Could public school education, beer, girls and atheism have SAVED him?
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Religion, home schooling, social isolation, conservative values and an enquiring mind? Was Mark Anthony Conditt suffering from a severe case of cognitive dissonance? Could public school education, beer, girls and atheism have SAVED him?
      Another of those somewhat pointless, "what if's" that only serves to cement an existing mindset and can never actually be answered...
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

“Cassia Schultz, 21, told BuzzFeed News that she ran in the same conservative survivalist circles as Conditt in high school.

Schultz said they were both involved in a group called Righteous Invasion of Truth (RIOT), a Bible study and outdoors group for homeschooled kids, created and named by the kids and their families, that included monthly activities such as archery, gun skills, and water balloon fights. Conditt and his younger sister would usually attend the activities along with 15 to 20 other kids, according to Schultz.”

What is known about RIOT?

Anything to do with Carman song of same title 1996?
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            “Cassia Schultz, 21, told BuzzFeed News that she ran in the same conservative survivalist circles as Conditt in high school.

Schultz said they were both involved in a group called Righteous Invasion of Truth (RIOT), a Bible study and outdoors group for homeschooled kids, created and named by the kids and their families, that included monthly activities such as archery, gun skills, and water balloon fights. Conditt and his younger sister would usually attend the activities along with 15 to 20 other kids, according to Schultz.”

What is known about RIOT?

Anything to do with Carman song of same title 1996?
            I've been actively involved in homeschool groups for over 40 years and never heard of it.

We DID have, however, a group called TnT - Tuesday Night Thing - perhaps we were terrorists and I never knew?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27051[/ATTACH]
              I'm confused. What point or argument is the comic trying to make?

Comment

Thoughts Go Out to ...
                What godless say when they want to pray, but can't.

Sad!
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                  What godless say when they want to pray, but can't.

Sad!
                  What does "Thoughts go out to Austin" mean beyond warm fuzzies?
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                    I'm confused. What point or argument is the comic trying to make?
                    I'm guessing that he blew himself up and will soon be forgotten.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment