Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Thoughts Go Out to Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts Go Out to Austin

My thoughts are with the people in Austin. I cannot imagine how people throughout the world have lived for so long with these kinds of threats over their heads.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    My thoughts are with the people in Austin. I cannot imagine how people throughout the world have lived for so long with these kinds of threats over their heads.
    One of the guys who was in my youth group many years ago lives in that area. He texted me that it makes him really think about some of our friends in Israel who live with this every day, from the day they were born. I hope and pray this perpetrator is apprehended soon.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      One of the guys who was in my youth group many years ago lives in that area. He texted me that it makes him really think about some of our friends in Israel who live with this every day, from the day they were born. I hope and pray this perpetrator is apprehended soon.
      Yep. We Americans have lived a comparatively sheltered life when it comes to these things. I don't wish it on any of us, but perhaps this will give all of us a bit more empathy for the situations in other parts of the world.

I hope...
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Yup. very sad.

Comment

Another one went off this morning.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...losion-n858146
          Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
            I saw...

Fortunately, no one was seriously harmed. I hope they catch him/her soon. Statistically - it's probably a him.

Comment

Bomber Dead

https://www.statesman.com/news/break...zeUzI/new.html
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I noted they said they didn't know if he had accomplicies, or had planted bombs that have not yet detonated.

I hope the answer to both is "no."

Comment

I noted they said they didn't know if he had accomplicies, or had planted bombs that have not yet detonated.

I hope the answer to both is "no."
                  This is Round Rock, Texas, just up the road from my house. He apparently had two roommates who are cooperating with police, but are not suspects at this time.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is Round Rock, Texas, just up the road from my house. He apparently had two roommates who are cooperating with police, but are not suspects at this time.
                    Be safe...

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

Comment

Be safe...
                      Some of the people in my Church work in Austin, and frequented "ground zero", so they are GREATLY relieved this is over.

Comment

Some of the people in my Church work in Austin, and frequented "ground zero", so they are GREATLY relieved this is over.
                        Now they are suggesting that this guy was an anti-gay marriage conservative. I'm sure they will link him to Trump soon...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ources-n858576
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Now they are suggesting that this guy was an anti-gay marriage conservative. I'm sure they will link him to Trump soon...

was he Russian?

Comment

PS they link to his blog in the article. Don't go there. My work firewall blocked the site when I clicked on it and listed some malware on the site.

Comment

If that turns out to be true...why would that matter?

Comment