Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Facebook Helped Obama Campaign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Helped Obama Campaign?

Ex-Obama Campaign Director Drops Bombshell Claim on Facebook: 'They Were on Our Side'

A former Obama campaign official is claiming that Facebook knowingly allowed them to mine massive amounts of Facebook data — more than they would’ve allowed someone else to do — because they were supportive of the campaign.

In a Sunday tweet thread, Carol Davidsen, former director of integration and media analytics for Obama for America, said the 2012 campaign led Facebook to “suck out the whole social graph” and target potential voters. They would then use that data to do things like append their email lists.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I'm so shocked.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I'm so shocked.
      Well, GEE, you shouldn't be, because.....

oh

yeah, I see wut ya did there.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But that's different because Obama... and.... Trump.... Russia.... something something... mumble...
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          I'm so shocked.
          PLACEMENT OF MANDATORY VIDEO CLIP:

x

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Last edited by mossrose; 03-19-2018, 09:49 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Ex-Obama Campaign Director Drops Bombshell Claim on Facebook: 'They Were on Our Side'

A former Obama campaign official is claiming that Facebook knowingly allowed them to mine massive amounts of Facebook data — more than they would’ve allowed someone else to do — because they were supportive of the campaign.

In a Sunday tweet thread, Carol Davidsen, former director of integration and media analytics for Obama for America, said the 2012 campaign led Facebook to “suck out the whole social graph” and target potential voters. They would then use that data to do things like append their email lists.
              Pertinent tweets

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Like I said, nowadays we don't need to worry about "big brother" spying on us, we give away our private information in return for playing games and getting more likes and shares. We only have ourselves to blame. Facebook is only doing what we allow them to do. Who needs the NSA when you have Facebook?

Comment

Looks like Facebook has been turning a blind eye to this sort of thing for years. That's according to a former employee who says that these sorts of data breaches were routine but that Facebook remained wilfully ignorant to protect themselves legally.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/0...e-at-facebook/

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Like I said, nowadays we don't need to worry about "big brother" spying on us, we give away our private information in return for playing games and getting more likes and shares. We only have ourselves to blame. Facebook is only doing what we allow them to do. Who needs the NSA when you have Facebook?
                    Or Alexa?
                    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                      Or Alexa?
                      https://www.wired.com/2017/02/murder...otion-privacy/

Comment

Also we carry around microphones in our cell phones that can probably be remotely activated by the NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Also we carry around microphones in our cell phones that can probably be remotely activated by the NSA.
                          And with full-time GPS so they can pinpoint our location at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            And with full-time GPS so they can pinpoint our location at any time.
                            and the new models have Siri or Google assistant that is always listening anyway.

Comment

Elon Musk just deleted his SpaceX and Tesla pages from facebook:

https://www.cnet.com/news/elon-musk-...acebook-pages/

Comment