Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fox News analyst blasts network as 'propaganda machine' while announcing departure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox News analyst blasts network as 'propaganda machine' while announcing departure

The House of Fox has some crack. Maybe they put up their sign on the Capital Lawn as all of Trumps appointees come from Fox staff

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/20/media/fox-news-ralph-peters-propaganda-machine/index.html

Fox News analyst blasts network as 'propaganda machine' while announcing departure

A longtime Fox News analyst sharply criticized the network on Tuesday, denouncing the outlet as a "propaganda machine" devoted to President Trump, and saying that it was "wittingly harming our system of government for profit," in a stunning internal email announcing his exit from the company.
    Ralph Peters, a US Army lieutenant colonel who served as a military analyst for Fox News, said he felt "compelled to explain" his departure from the company to colleagues, before skewering the network he has called home for years. Peters had been telling friends that he planned on leaving the network in a "nuclear" fashion, one of those friends told CNN.

"Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to 'support and defend the Constitution,' and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform," Peters wrote in the letter sent to a handful of colleagues. "Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers. Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed."

Related: Hannity jabs Shep Smith in sign of rift between Fox News opinion and news

In the letter, which was first reported on by BuzzFeed and confirmed by CNN, Peters said that he believed Fox News "degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices" to morphing into a "mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration."

Peters cited the Fox News opinion hosts' relentless attacks on the FBI, Justice Department, intelligence agencies, and other branches of government. He said he believed Fox News was knowingly causing harm to the country in exchange for profit.

Peters said his criticism did not apply to Fox Business, the sister channel of Fox News, and said he deeply respected "the hard-news reporters at Fox," calling them "some of the best men and women in the business."

© Copyright Original Source

Hmmm, I tend to take the acrimonious comments of departing staff with a LARGE dose of salt.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      The House of Fox has some crack. Maybe they put up their sign on the Capital Lawn as all of Trumps appointees come from Fox staff

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/20/media/fox-news-ralph-peters-propaganda-machine/index.html

A longtime Fox News analyst sharply criticized the network on Tuesday, denouncing the outlet as a "propaganda machine" devoted to President Trump, and saying that it was "wittingly harming our system of government for profit," in a stunning internal email announcing his exit from the company.
      Ralph Peters, a US Army lieutenant colonel who served as a military analyst for Fox News, said he felt "compelled to explain" his departure from the company to colleagues, before skewering the network he has called home for years. Peters had been telling friends that he planned on leaving the network in a "nuclear" fashion, one of those friends told CNN.

"Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to 'support and defend the Constitution,' and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform," Peters wrote in the letter sent to a handful of colleagues. "Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers. Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed."

Related: Hannity jabs Shep Smith in sign of rift between Fox News opinion and news

In the letter, which was first reported on by BuzzFeed and confirmed by CNN, Peters said that he believed Fox News "degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices" to morphing into a "mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration."

Peters cited the Fox News opinion hosts' relentless attacks on the FBI, Justice Department, intelligence agencies, and other branches of government. He said he believed Fox News was knowingly causing harm to the country in exchange for profit.

Peters said his criticism did not apply to Fox Business, the sister channel of Fox News, and said he deeply respected "the hard-news reporters at Fox," calling them "some of the best men and women in the business."

© Copyright Original Source

Good riddance to the noisy little turd. He used to be a halfway intelligent commentator, but recently he's been going off his nut. A few months ago, he had a particularly acrimonious exchange with Tucker Carlson, who is probably the least Trump-o-phillic of the Prime Time opinionators.

Ralphie has an abundance of gonads -- shriveled though they likely be -- to go after Fox for "assaulting" the Constitution, given his own call for banning "assault" weapons "meant to kill other people."

As for Fox's "attacks" on the various acronyms -- Good for Fox! Groups with that kind of power *should* be viewed with skepticism, and subjected to a lot more oversight and accountability than is currently the case.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I like how the story starts with a lengthy sentence trying to puff up the guy's credentials before actually giving his name as I suspect most people who don't religiously watch FOX would probably say, "Who?" if his name was in the headline.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
          Hmmm, I tend to take the acrimonious comments of departing staff with a LARGE dose of salt.
          It's not like he's been fired, he's departing because, though conservative, he understands propaganda when he see's it. That doesn't explain why he put up with it for 10 years, but perhaps the danger posed by the Trump administration and the harm being done to our system of government, has opened his eyes.
          Last edited by JimL; 03-21-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
            EGGzackly.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I like how the story starts with a lengthy sentence trying to puff up the guy's credentials before actually giving his name as I suspect most people who don't religiously watch FOX would probably say, "Who?" if his name was in the headline.
              I regularly watch Fox News and never heard of him. I had to google him. I am assuming he is one of the "experts" they interview when they need a military perspective on some story?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                It's not like he's been fired, he's departing because, though conservative, he understands propaganda when he see's it. That doesn't explain why he put up with it for 10 years, but perhaps he the danger posed by the Trump administration and the harm being done to our system of government, has opened his eyes.
                Leave it to Jimmy, who can't even decide if he's an atheist or agnostic, and can't figure out what a "boy" is, to explain to us the thoughts and motives of others.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I regularly watch Fox News and never heard of him. I had to google him. I am assuming he is one of the "experts" they interview when they need a military perspective on some story?
                  When I used to watch Fox News, that's pretty much what was going on - he was a consultant on military and national security matters. I had forgotten all about him.

Comment

How true is this statement?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      In which case he was probably a part-time contractor who worked on an "as needed" basis.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Leave it to Jimmy, who can't even decide if he's an atheist or agnostic, and can't figure out what a "boy" is, to explain to us the thoughts and motives of others.
                        Actually he explained the motive to us himself CP. Apparently you didn't even read the article. At least I hope you didn't.

Comment

I feel bad for you Shuny, Trump has you in a constant triggered state. That must be unpleasant...
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            In which case he was probably a part-time contractor who worked on an "as needed" basis.
                            Peters, though I like him, was a never Trumper from the get go...
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Fox News has a long and disgraceful history of propaganda. This 2010 article in The Atlantic:
                              https://www.theatlantic.com/daily-di...hannel/178383/

Comment