Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fox News analyst blasts network as 'propaganda machine' while announcing departure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, the irony!

ETA: Sorry, wrongly assumed this was Starlight, cause it sounded exactly like him, and FF is not quite that extreme (I think).
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's because we have been brain-washed by the Russians.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Oh, the irony!

ETA: Sorry, wrongly assumed this was Starlight, cause it sounded exactly like him, and FF is not quite that extreme (I think).
        I think firstfloor is that extreme, he's just funnier about it.

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

From the cite in the OP...

Peters had been telling friends that he planned on leaving the network in a "nuclear" fashion, one of those friends told CNN.

I have often said that the 'style' with which one departs a job* often says more about their character than what they did "on the job". The few times I actually saw Col. Peters' analysis, I thought he did a good job.

*kinda like when some pastors resign a Church, and they do it with so much "it's all about me" cause "you people are so horrible"....
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            I think firstfloor is that extreme, he's just funnier about it.

But he hasn't ever advocated the slaughter of the innocents, correct?

(yeah, being somewhat facetious)

Comment

Oh, the irony!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                They didn't collect personal info and target those people with fake news for no reason. Propaganda obviously works, and the people it works on never realize they've been influenced. Perhaps you're not susceptible, but they don't need to influence everyone.

Comment

I don't have a problem with Fox being pro-Trump when all (and I do mean all) the other networks are so anti-Trump...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    I don't have a problem with Fox being pro-Trump when all (and I do mean all) the other networks are so anti-Trump...
                    If MSNBC were the only pro Obama outlet would you have a problem with MSNBC. Of course you would. It has nothing to do with the news outlet, it has to do with you. Besides, it has nothing to do with pro Obama or pro Trump, it has to do with propaganda vs truth, and Fox is naught but a propaganda outlet serving the republican party.

Comment

I'm feeling the love, FF!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        If MSNBC were the only pro Obama outlet would you have a problem with MSNBC. Of course you would. It has nothing to do with the news outlet, it has to do with you. Besides, it has nothing to do with pro Obama or pro Trump, it has to do with propaganda vs truth, and Fox is naught but a propaganda outlet serving the republican party.
                        How can one boy pack so much irony into one post?

Comment

From the cite in the OP...

Peters had been telling friends that he planned on leaving the network in a "nuclear" fashion, one of those friends told CNN.

I have often said that the 'style' with which one departs a job* often says more about their character than what they did "on the job". The few times I actually saw Col. Peters' analysis, I thought he did a good job.

*kinda like when some pastors resign a Church, and they do it with so much "it's all about me" cause "you people are so horrible"....
                          On the internet it is called flouncing. Or here on tweb we call it a "Steamer" after the quintessential flouncer we had one time.

Comment

On the internet it is called flouncing. Or here on tweb we call it a "Steamer" after the quintessential flouncer we had one time.
                            Yeah, I think there's gotta be more to this than meets the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              They didn't collect personal info and target those people with fake news for no reason. Propaganda obviously works, and the people it works on never realize they've been influenced. Perhaps you're not susceptible, but they don't need to influence everyone.
                              You talking about influence is hilarious, Mr. Liberal Talking Points.

Comment

How true is this statement?
                                Not very.

Gorka and KT only lasted a short time.

Judge My Cousin Vinny Napolitano is often mentioned by wishful-thinking FNC fans as a potential AG or SCOTUS pick, but has never actually been rumored to be under consideration.

Bolton had been considered for Sec. State, and is now *rumored* to be under consideration for National Security Advisor. Hegseth is *rumored* to be under consideration to head the VA.

The only one I can think of who is currently in place is Heather Nauert.

I think it would be a total hoot if Weird Little Rand managed to hose the Pompeo nomination, and Trump said, "Ok, screw it, I'll nominate Heather."
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment