Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Rapture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    My Grandson, SpongeBob, called me just last night, worried to death about Project Blue Beam, worried to death he was going to die on April 8th (18th?)

His friends at work had been doing "research" into Blue Beam, which is pretty much a roundup of all past conspiracy theories combined, with a dose of Rapture included for the Christians, and mass alien abduction for everybody else.... It's quite a convolution.

We ended up talking about the rapture quite a bit, and I told him my plan was to stay faithful to Christ, and I'm ready to go whenever He says it's time!

But, seriously, SpongeBob and his friends were terrified about this - cause it's "all over the internet" and it's "really going to happen".
    oh man. We need to alert Darfius about this!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      amen. I think to argue about such things falls under

Titus 3:9
      But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.

It might be interesting on a debate site like Theologyweb, but it is not useful for a Christian to worry about in his Christian life. All you need to know is that God has always taken care of his people when he brings judgment.
      And, yeah, I don't mind discussing it at all, like in Sunday School or our Wednesday Night discussion groups.... but I grew up with people using charts and graphs and timelines showing exactly when things are going to happen, and in what order, with scripture scattered throughout, all the prophecies "explained", and on and on.... It can make your head hurt.

It goes back to - no man knows the day and hour.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        oh man. We need to alert Darfius about this!
        I thought about starting a thread on this, then I saw the "Rapture" thread, and thought, hey... there it is!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I believe it will all pan out in the end.

I feel like...
          Last edited by carpedm9587; 03-21-2018, 11:12 AM.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

My Grandson, SpongeBob, called me just last night, worried to death about Project Blue Beam, worried to death he was going to die on April 8th (18th?)

His friends at work had been doing "research" into Blue Beam, which is pretty much a roundup of all past conspiracy theories combined, with a dose of Rapture included for the Christians, and mass alien abduction for everybody else.... It's quite a convolution.

We ended up talking about the rapture quite a bit, and I told him my plan was to stay faithful to Christ, and I'm ready to go whenever He says it's time!

But, seriously, SpongeBob and his friends were terrified about this - cause it's "all over the internet" and it's "really going to happen".
            ANOTHER end-time prediction? I just finished unpacking from the LAST one!
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Argg...did it again...

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                ANOTHER end-time prediction? I just finished unpacking from the LAST one!
                Yup, but this one is the MOAC!!!!

Comment

Argg...did it again...
                  yup

Comment

Yup, but this one is the MOAC!!!!
                    I'm not even going to ask...

Comment

yup
                      You don't even know what I did...

I tried to edit my last post (to add the fishing) and ended up commenting on my own post..

Comment

I'm not even going to ask...
                        Mother of All Conspiracies.... although, it's more like the Confluence or Convergence of All Conspiracies -- the COAC.

Comment

You don't even know what I did...

I tried to edit my last post (to add the fishing) and ended up commenting on my own post..
                          Yeah, that was weird - the post to which I responded is not the post that appeared in my response. Must have been timing.

Comment

Yeah, that was weird - the post to which I responded is not the post that appeared in my response. Must have been timing.
                            So now you need to go back and add my fishing to your response to my edited version of the response to your panmilleniallism post....

...wow...

I think I pulled a neuron....

Comment

Mother of All Conspiracies.... although, it's more like the Confluence or Convergence of All Conspiracies -- the COAC.
                              More like the Confluence or Converging Knowledge Refuting our all-encompassing Conspiracy Hoaxes - or COCKROACH for short...

Comment

I thought about starting a thread on this, then I saw the "Rapture" thread, and thought, hey... there it is!
                                I think it used to be called the Project Jim Beam before the Mandella Effect.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X