Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Rapture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rapture, the term is a transliteration from the Latin for caugth up. The Greek word meaning "we shall be caught up." 1 Thessalonians 4:17. Verses 15, 16 teaches that the rapture will not take place before the resurrection of believers. Now the millennium refers to the thousand year rule of the resurrected believers before the end of our known universe and the resurrection and judgment of the rest of mankind, Revelation 20:4-12, 15.
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
      The rapture, the term is a transliteration from the Latin for caugth up. The Greek word meaning "we shall be caught up." 1 Thessalonians 4:17. Verses 15, 16 teaches that the rapture will not take place before the resurrection of believers. Now the millennium refers to the thousand year rule of the resurrected believers before the end of our known universe and the resurrection and judgment of the rest of mankind, Revelation 20:4-12, 15.
      I don't see that it's really necessary to make such a distinction between the "dead in Christ" being raised up, and those of us who remain being caught up.... It's not like it's two totally separate events. I think it might be more fitting to say that the rapture will commence with the "dead in Christ" being resurrected, and continues with the rest of us.

I keep a towel within arms reach when I'm in the shower just in case it happens then.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I think it used to be called the Project Jim Beam before the Mandella Effect.
        PJBBTME?

That's not even a word!
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I don't see that it's really necessary to make such a distinction between the "dead in Christ" being raised up, and those of us who remain being caught up.... It's not like it's two totally separate events. I think it might be more fitting to say that the rapture will commence with the "dead in Christ" being resurrected, and continues with the rest of us.

I keep a towel within arms reach when I'm in the shower just in case it happens then.
          I don't have that problem...
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
            PJBBTME?

That's not even a word!
            For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Obviously it would be "PJB before the Mandela Effect" not "PJBBTME"

PJB. Sort of like FBI. CIA. Or several other short "acronyms"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Obviously it would be "PJB before the Mandela Effect" not "PJBBTME"

PJB. Sort of like FBI. CIA. Or several other short "acronyms"

Lame...

Comment

Lame...
                I that like the League of Super Evil?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                  I that like the League of Super Evil?
                  That does not compute, Will Robinson...:Cerebrum123:

(that was deliciously ironic...)

(OK - I am completely bummed that emoji does not work! )

Comment

Comment

the emojis are case sensitive. They're usually all lower case. Most phones auto capitalize for some reason.
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Now that is NOT fair...

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                          the emojis are case sensitive. They're usually all lower case. Most phones auto capitalize for some reason.
                          The problem is, the code is not :Cerebrum123: as the emoji's page would suggest... it's just (brum)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I think it used to be called the Project Jim Beam before the Mandella Effect.
                            Izzat the one where, every time you see a new conspiracy theory, you down a shot of Jim Beam? I'm down with that. *hic*
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Izzat the one where, every time you see a new conspiracy theory, you down a shot of Jim Beam? I'm down with that. *hic*
                              Yesh!
                              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You should also keep a window open so you don't get stuck on the ceiling.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X