Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.03.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.03.22

Glory Seed Devotional’s 2018 Experiencing Jesus, the Prelude to Life
    Carereceivers…
    Shalom!

You’ll not find this in chapter 5 of Matthew but there is reference to it in chapter 13 of John. Blessed are the Carereceivers for they will be a Blessing! “Jesus answered him, “What I’m doing you don’t realize now, but afterward you will understand.” “You will never wash my feet,” Peter said. Jesus replied, “If I don’t wash you, you have no part with me.”” (John 13:7–8, CSB)

Yesterday I wrote about Caregivers today I am writing from my own perspective as a Carereceiver (a word I just made up). In today’s scripture verse Jesus was telling Peter if he couldn’t take care of his needs Peter would have no part with Him. In Mark’s gospel Jesus said something else about the relationship of a Caregiver to a Carereceiver. “When Jesus heard this, he told them, “It is not those who are well who need a doctor, but those who are sick. I didn’t come to call the righteous, but sinners.”” (Mark 2:17, CSB)

It is not those who can care for themselves who need a Caregiver, but those who cannot care for themselves. In a real sense the relationship we have with Jesus is that of Carereceiver to Caregiver. Yesterday I wrote that a Caregiver gives up EVERYTHING, so what does a Carereceiver give up? Like the Caregiver what a Carereceiver gives up can be reduced to one word too, PRIDE. The last time I saw Doctor Artinian Patti pushed me out in a wheelchair I was almost humbled to tears, it had to be, but I still didn’t like it. Here’s another verse you’ll not find in chapter 5 of Matthew: Blessed are they who humble themselves for they will receive the care they need when they need it.

The Blessings Caregivers receive for the most part are below the surface where nobody really sees them, sometimes not even the Caregiver themselves. But if God sees even a Sparrow when it falls will certainly see when a Caregiver goes into action. Carereceivers on the other hand as a rule their Blessings are out where people can see them, like a wife pushing her husband in a wheelchair.

Never in my life had the thought ever occurred to me that one day I would become a Carereceiver but unfortunately that is the path life has lead me down and I am so Blessed to have “my world” filled with Caregivers, some of whom I’ve never seen nor will I ever see them, and then there’s my family, and especially the Lady who has stuck with me for 50 years, Patti, and then there’s God who has stuck with me for nearly 72 years. What I Blessed world “my world” is!

If you are a Carereceiver than try as best you can to thank all of your Caregivers! If you are one in need of a Caregiver don’t let pride get in the way. “Ask and you will receive!”

“The sacrifice pleasing to God is a broken spirit. You will not despise
    a broken and humbled heart, God.” (Psalm 51:17)

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Unless otherwise stated all scripture quotations marked CSB have been taken from Christian Standard Bible, Copyright 2017 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Christian Standard Bible and CSB are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X