Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Marlon Bundo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I can't wait for the next "protest" book about how Marlon Bundo wants to have sex with children and other species.*

How many copies can we count on carpe buying as gifts?

* Yes, I do consider pedophilia and bestiality to be morally equivalent to homosexuality. We can thank God that general society still finds them "icky", but for how much longer?
    Since that won't happen - you need not worry.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I didn't mean that it's about mindless hatred but rather it is the product of mindless hatred. Only someone deep in the throes of derangement would feel it necessary to write a "protest book" as a "response" to this.
      Umm...no. The protest in response to Pence's positions, not his "bunny book." And those on the left see those positions as positions of hatred - and they are responding in protest. This is one place where I am definitely FAR left. Villifying people on the basis of their sexual orientation is, to me, as odious as villifying them on the basis of their skin color, gender, or ethnic origin.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Only liberals would cobble together a "protest book" in order to fuss about an innocuous children's book because of their mindless hatred
        Where's the tolerance?

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
          Since that won't happen - you need not worry.
          You know, people were saying the same thing about the mainstreaming of homosexuality as early as a decade ago.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Agreed. Marlon Bundo is an awesome name. Oliver gave Pence kudos for this. It was pretty much the only thing he gave Pence Kudos for.

Look, there is no question that I find Pence...well...unacceptable. His position on homosexuality I consider bigoted. His attitude towards women is almost neanderthalish. His willingness to sniff at the Trumpian butt is absolutely unacceptable. He has compromised himself in so many ways, blathering through one Trump lie after another. One of my greatest fears is that the Democrats will take control of the House and Senate, and impeach Trump - putting Pence in the White House. Or that Pence will separate from the Trump ticket and attempt a run on his own. Trump is a moron. But Pence is an idealogue that I consider more than a little dangerous.
            Well I guess it is good that you are moving to Australia before you have to call Pence "President Pence"

Comment

A book about "a day in the life of the VP" is "not political?" Exactly how is that even possible?
              It was a Children's book about the job of the author's father just because his job happens to be Vice President of the USA doesn't mean it is political.

Comment

You know, people were saying the same thing about the mainstreaming of homosexuality as early as a decade ago.
                Some people were saying that. A lot of us were not...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Well I guess it is good that you are moving to Australia before you have to call Pence "President Pence"
                  True enough...

But based on what I am seeing in the electorate...I don't think I am going to be moving...

Comment

Umm...no. The protest in response to Pence's positions, not his "bunny book."
                    But they pick the bunny book as the target of their derangement.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                      It was a Children's book about the job of the author's father just because his job happens to be Vice President of the USA doesn't mean it is political.
                      Umm... the job is a political job. How could a book about a political job NOT be political...?

Comment

Some people were saying that. A lot of us were not...
                        A lot of people were saying it. Some were not...

Comment

But they pick the bunny book as the target of their derangement.
                          Not sure what "the target of their derangement" means. Yes, the book targets Pence's political/personal positions on homosexuality. It does so by parodying a book that celebrates his role as VP. So the problem is....?

Comment

A lot of people were saying it. Some were not...
                            And that would account for the fact that gay marriage and support for the LGBTQ community is now in the majority...?

I think you're ignoring the facts. Most of our country, especially the young, see demonization of LGBTQ community as a moral evil. Sorry, MM, but you're not in the majority anymore. If you were, gay rights would probably not be the law of the land.

Comment

Umm... the job is a political job. How could a book about a political job NOT be political...?
                              I think you're reaching for the fallacy of equivocation here. There's politics, meaning the basic job of a politician, and politics, meaning partisanship. Mike Pence is a politician, so his job is obviously political in nature, but it doesn't necessarily make the book itself political, as in partisan.

Comment

I think you're reaching for the fallacy of equivocation here. There's politics, meaning the basic job of a politician, and politics, meaning partisanship. Mike Pence is a politician, so his job is obviously political in nature, but it doesn't necessarily make the book itself political, as in partisan.
                                I didn't say it was partisan - I said it was political.

Comment