Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Maybe It's Not The Devil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    There are two mistakes about devil's. One is to think they don't exist. The other is to know they exist and to be far to interested in them.
    You are absolutely correct. We must have balance. I saw so many things when I was a teen and I was into some very dark things. I'm thankful though, we have the Lord Jesus and we should keep our focus on Him. But we shouldn't think that we don't have an enemy who seeks to kill, steal, and destroy.

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Comment

Originally posted by Magenta View Post
      You are absolutely correct. We must have balance. I saw so many things when I was a teen and I was into some very dark things. I'm thankful though, we have the Lord Jesus and we should keep our focus on Him. But we shouldn't think that we don't have an enemy who seeks to kill, steal, and destroy.

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12
      I wasn't into anything dark, but I certainly encountered some rather dark entities in the past. Not something I want a repeat of.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        As I understand it, satan wasn't bound until after the crucifixion. I am not aware of a scenario in which the demons are bound too.
        Satan was not bound by the crucifixion as of yet, but will be (Revelation 20:2).

". . . For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. . . ." -- 1 John 3:8.

". . . why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie . . ." -- Acts 5:3.

". . . them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. . . ." -- 2 Corinthians 4:3-4.

". . . Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: . . ." -- 1 Peter 5:8.

". . . Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. . . ." -- James 4:7.

These references are proofs of the yet future millennium.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
          Satan was not bound by the crucifixion as of yet, but will be (Revelation 20:2).

". . . For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. . . ." -- 1 John 3:8.

". . . why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie . . ." -- Acts 5:3.

". . . them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. . . ." -- 2 Corinthians 4:3-4.

". . . Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: . . ." -- 1 Peter 5:8.

". . . Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. . . ." -- James 4:7.

These references are proofs of the yet future millennium.
          They are more like proofs of your childish gullibility. Why would god blind the minds of those who believe not, if he wants them to believe?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            They are more like proofs of your childish gullibility. Why would god blind the minds of those who believe not, if he wants them to believe?
            JimL, in that passage "god" lower case "g" in translation is referring to the Devil who is devouring you.
            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
              I wasn't into anything dark, but I certainly encountered some rather dark entities in the past. Not something I want a repeat of.
              I definitely understand. I'm glad you weren't into anything dark. I was and you pay a high price for it. Praise God He redeemed me but the scars are deep.

Comment

JimL, in that passage "god" lower case "g" in translation is referring to the Devil who is devouring you.
                Right, so why would god allow such a being to exist, a being that blinds the minds of non believers. The whole idea is silly nonsense.

Comment

Right, so why would god allow such a being to exist, a being that blinds the minds of non believers. The whole idea is silly nonsense.
                  He was the one in the garden (Genesis 3:1, John 8:44; Matthew 25:41; Revelation 12:9). He existed with the other sons of God prior to the creation of this heaven and earth (Job 38;7). Now there is an untold back story, which is what you are asking about. God made man in His image after He had made the angels. Then He placed the tree of His knowledge of good and evil in the garden telling man not to eat of it. This all according to God's plan. Remember God knew before He created. There is an untold back story.

Comment

Let's ignore the troll and continue with the discussion.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I definitely understand. I'm glad you weren't into anything dark. I was and you pay a high price for it. Praise God He redeemed me but the scars are deep.
                      Glad you got out of it. It's a lot harder to navigate when you are in the darkness.

Comment

Friedrich Nietzsche got a lot of things wrong (at least IMHBAO), but one place he was absolutely spot on is when he wrote "if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."

Glad you got out.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

He was the one in the garden (Genesis 3:1, John 8:44; Matthew 25:41; Revelation 12:9). He existed with the other sons of God prior to the creation of this heaven and earth (Job 38;7). Now there is an untold back story, which is what you are asking about. God made man in His image after He had made the angels. Then He placed the tree of His knowledge of good and evil in the garden telling man not to eat of it. This all according to God's plan. Remember God knew before He created. There is an untold back story.
                          Which means nothing and answers nothing. Why do you think the devil is still around? Why hasn't god rid you of the devil? Seriously, what's the point?

Comment

Which means nothing and answers nothing. Why do you think the devil is still around? Why hasn't god rid you of the devil? Seriously, what's the point?
                            So what you do not know or cannot know means nothing? Maybe you are not really interested in what is really true. What I know is there are more things that I do not know than what I know.

Let just say, there is no God and no devil. And premise that is really true there is no God and no devil.

And me, being a theist and a Christian Bible believer, I would be wrong in those beliefs.

Now explain why should I want to believe what is not really true?

JimL, you seem to profess being an agnostic. Do you really think you cannot know?

How do you know you cannot know? Seriously.

There is uncaused existence by reason there cannot be nothingness - no space - no time - no light nor dark. Reason, language are part of our reality.

Reality and all that we experience is in evidence.

JimL, what of the evidence do you accept? You do accept yourself, your own being. Right?

I personally do not want to believe what is not really true. What is actually true is what I have made up my mind is what I want choose to believe, what ever that truth may be, even if not knowing what it really is.

Now the God I believe I know is identifiable with the God of the Hebrews. And there is the claim of story which has real elements in history. For which by believing I came to know this God.

In 70 CE the Jewish temple was laid waste. So either the God of the Hebrews is false (Deuteronomy 27:26) or the God of the Hebrews is true with the story of the death, burial and resurrection of His Anointed (Christ, Messiah, prophecy of Daniel 9:26; Romans 10:4).

No one can make you believe what you choose not to believe. Do you have a better handle on the truth?

Comment