Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancer

I have been diagnosed with incurable colon cancer. I am not especially happy about this, but it is not a great calamity in my life. I am 76 years old and my life has given me an amazing array of gifts. I have been given a truly wonderful wife, two great kids, and a bunch of grand kids who are truly grand. I wish I had been a better husband, a better father, and a better grand father. I regret all the areas that I fell short in, but I never fell short of loving my wife, my children or my grandchildren. I wish I could have my great grandchildren in my life, but my children, and grandchildren, will have to enjoy that, it is their turn.

Most of all I have come to know the Lord Jesus Christ. This last is the very best that I could ever have wished for. Being a child of the Almighty God is a great, even a wonderful thing. I would wish for that joy to all of my loved ones, friends, and even acquaintances. I welcome your prayers as you see fit, but my prayer is for the will of God in my life as He knows best.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

ing for you and your family.

Comment

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I will pray for you and yours.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Glory to God in all things.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

We love you, GJ, and we know that you are in God's hands. We know that He will work His will in your life, and that He is guiding each step that you take.

I pray for strength and peace for you and your family in the coming days.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I am happy i got to know you.
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you, brothers and sisters.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Will try to remember to keep you in my prayers as I think to.
                  ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

ing for you and your family.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Praying for you and your family. May the Lord's peace be upon you and your family.

The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
                      The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
                      The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
                      Numbers 6:24-26

Comment

Jed, you and your family are in our prayers.
                        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Jed I am praying for you and your family.

What are the doctors going to do? Any treatment or surgery at all?

Just remember you are loved by friends all over the world!

Comment

Tomorrow I will see the Oncologtist's PA. Then in the next few days (presumably) I will get a port put in and then on the second will begin chemo. That is all I know now.

I know about the love and prayers of friends the world over, most of whom I have not yet met in "real life." I am more than grateful for you all (or is that all, you all?)

I am at peace with where I am, I can trust my Lord with this. I do know that it is harder on the "innocent bystanders" than on myself. Since we are all believers I am confident that my family is being taken care of. I can also trust my Lord with the care of my family after I am gone from here. That is a powerful comfort.

Comment

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment