Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ing
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

My uncle is going through cancer now and is taking expensive pills that are supposed to control the cancer.

I think there is reason to consider alternative treatments -- the GcMAF is something I'm curious about as seeming to have the most obvious science behind it.
      (There isn't much support on this idea. Debate mostly should go to this thread: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...res-for-Cancer )

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        I have been diagnosed with incurable colon cancer. I am not especially happy about this, but it is not a great calamity in my life. I am 76 years old and my life has given me an amazing array of gifts. I have been given a truly wonderful wife, two great kids, and a bunch of grand kids who are truly grand. I wish I had been a better husband, a better father, and a better grand father. I regret all the areas that I fell short in, but I never fell short of loving my wife, my children or my grandchildren. I wish I could have my great grandchildren in my life, but my children, and grandchildren, will have to enjoy that, it is their turn.

Most of all I have come to know the Lord Jesus Christ. This last is the very best that I could ever have wished for. Being a child of the Almighty God is a great, even a wonderful thing. I would wish for that joy to all of my loved ones, friends, and even acquaintances. I welcome your prayers as you see fit, but my prayer is for the will of God in my life as He knows best.
        Well, good luck to you Jed. Incurable doesn't mean that you won't be around for a long time to come. I read one story of a person who had stage 4 colon cancer, the worst kind, and has lived for 18 years and counting since being diagnosed. Stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Well, good luck to you Jed. Incurable doesn't mean that you won't be around for a long time to come. I read one story of a person who had stage 4 colon cancer, the worst kind, and has lived for 18 years and counting since being diagnosed. Stay positive.
          I have heard those stories. Just because modern medicine does not have a "cure" they also do not have the ability to tell all that will happen. Thanks, JimL, for the sentiment.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I am sorry to read your news Jed. It is good that you have a loving family to care for you at this time. I wish you well.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              I have heard those stories. Just because modern medicine does not have a "cure" they also do not have the ability to tell all that will happen. Thanks, JimL, for the sentiment.
              I would like to echo this sentiment. They told my dad he had 6 months to live...that was 25 years ago.

As far as alternative treatments, my scientific opinion would be not to go down that road. It pains me that there are a lot of people on the internet that go on and on about using juices, food, apple cider vinegar, etc to treat their cancer. To me this is highly irresponsible. There are plenty of cancer researchers in my department and they would say the same thing.

My prayers are with you and your family. Colon cancer is usually extremely slow growing so there may be hope still. May God be with you and your family in your time of need.

Comment

Jed you may be ready to go but I hope you'll stick around for a few more years at least. I'm leaving today but I hope to still see you around when I get back. If not then I guess we'll have to wait to meet on the other side. I'm praying for you.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment