Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Microsoft and Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft and Firefox

I used to get so frustrated whenever I needed support from Microsoft.

I have to say, they have come a LONG way. The last few times I've needed support, I was able to click the "call me" button on the support tab, and WITHIN MINUTES somebody called me all the way from India or Pakistan!

They have (in the recent past) been incredibly helpful, but today's call was a little 'educational'.

I had tried to add some alias email addresses (I uses a different one for each vendor so I know where my spam comes from, and can delete an impacted email alias) and can create and delete them quite easily in office.com.

The problem was that the alias I created was not showing up in the list of aliases. It actually worked, but it didn't display. The friendly Microsoft guy explained that Office was not compatible with Firefox, and I needed to use Edge. We logged into Edge with my Office account - and I was amazed --- there were things there that I could see to control my account that simply did not appear at all in Firefox. There's not even any indication that they don't appear in Firefox - like a broken link, or blank sections --- they simply don't exist.

Leave it to Microsoft to FORCE me to use THEIR browser to get the most out of managing my domains! Makes me wonder what ELSE they're "hiding" with no evidence whatsoever that anything is missing.

But, again, the guy called ME and resolved the problem in minutes!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

What do you mean by "office?"

Are you talking about your microsoft online account? Or office 365?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      What do you mean by "office?"

Are you talking about your microsoft online account? Or office 365?
      That's actually a bit confusing - what used to be Office 365, they apparently refer to simply as "Office" - I think they're trying to steer everybody toward some version (with or without apps) of office 365.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        That's actually a bit confusing - what used to be Office 365, they apparently refer to simply as "Office" - I think they're trying to steer everybody toward some version (with or without apps) of office 365.
        I use Outlook.com for email, but I don't see any difference in that in firefox or edge.

Comment

I use Outlook.com for email, but I don't see any difference in that in firefox or edge.
          Do you just send and receive mail, though - you're not trying to manage domains or dns or aliases?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Do you just send and receive mail, though - you're not trying to manage domains or dns or aliases?
            I have a few aliases but not using it for any domains. The account page looks the same in firefox and edge to me. ( account.live.com )

Comment

I have a few aliases but not using it for any domains. The account page looks the same in firefox and edge to me. ( account.live.com )
              Yeah, this gets deeper into the bowels of managing users' permissions and sharing and all that fun stuff.

Comment