Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Happy Easter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Easter!

Well this year Easter is on April 1.

Eagerly awaiting all the atheist jokes.

But in the meantime, May God Bless us all and have a Happy Easter!

He is Risen!

Indeed.

Never forget... the tomb is empty!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Happy Easter!

I just wait for the day death is truly defeated, and is no more.

Comment

d072be422e83addd06ae76817b720bd3.jpg

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
        "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Easter is the ultimate April Fool's joke. People thought Jesus was dead and imagine their surprise when He walked on the earth again.
          I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Happy Easter!

I just wait for the day death is truly defeated, and is no more.
            The day is coming.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

...and today is the Feast of the Ascendion

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
                ...and today is the Feast of the Ascendion
                That's next Thursday (see post #4).
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]27103[/ATTACH]
                  A valiant attempt, but no self-respecting Greek bishop would use a Russian-style cross.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    That's next Thursday (see post #4).
                    1. I can’t believe I left that typo.

2. By the Roman Rite Calendar, the Ascension is kept a bit earlier than in the East (as I’m sure you knew).

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
                      1. I can’t believe I left that typo.

2. By the Roman Rite Calendar, the Ascension is kept a bit earlier than in the East (as I’m sure you knew).
                      It depends. Sometimes, the calculations happen to work out the same. Other times, it's a week or 5 off, with the East always later.

sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X