Who wants to live forever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to live forever?

If they invented a way to cure all disease and let you live forever young and healthy (barring accidents) would you take it?

Why or why not.

Alphaville.
    sigpic

Comment

In all seriousness rhough even if humans were indestructable you cant do much if eventually the entire universe runs out of energy.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        If they invented a way to cure all disease and let you live forever young and healthy (barring accidents) would you take it?

Why or why not.
        I'd take it until and unless I no longer wanted to live. If you are implying that once accepting the deal we would no longer have a choice but to live forever, then, considering the alternative, I guess I take the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
          In all seriousness rhough even if humans were indestructable you cant do much if eventually the entire universe runs out of energy.
          I specifically said "barring accidents"

You would not be invulnerable. You could still die if someone killed you, or you were in a car accident, etc. But there would be no disease, no alzheimers, no obesity, no mental illness. You could potentially live forever at a young age, with good health physically and mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            I'd take it until and unless I no longer wanted to live. If you are implying that once accepting the deal we would no longer have a choice but to live forever, then, considering the alternative, I guess I take the deal.
            no you could always commit suicide. I am just curious if science could cure aging and disease and we could live forever would you want to.

Comment

I am not sure I want that.
              sigpic

Comment

I specifically said "barring accidents"

You would not be invulnerable. You could still die if someone killed you, or you were in a car accident, etc. But there would be no disease, no alzheimers, no obesity, no mental illness. You could potentially live forever at a young age, with good health physically and mentally.
                The odds are, the longer you live, the higher the chance you would be killed in an accident. Would that make people overly cautious? Would you avoid any possible danger because you could get killed?

Comment

I am not sure I want that.
                  why not?

Comment

no you could always commit suicide. I am just curious if science could cure aging and disease and we could live forever would you want to.
                    Absolutely, why not? If you could always end it if you wanted to, then what possible downside could there be to being healthy and living for as long as you want?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Absolutely, why not? If you could always end it if you wanted to, then what possible downside could there be to being healthy and living for as long as you want?
                      I am wondering about Christians. We believe we will one day live forever in a perfect world. So would we want to live potentially forever in an imperfect one, until Jesus came back, or just live out our normal lives and then be with the Lord and be resurrected when he sets up his Kingdom?

Also I have heard atheists say "What would you do if you lived forever? It would get boring! I wouldn't want to live forever" when arguing with Christians.

Comment

I mean if everyone lives forever but evil still exist people could do all kinds of depraved things.
                        sigpic

Comment

I mean if everyone lives forever but evil still exist people could do all kinds of depraved things.
                          They already do all kinds of depraved things.

Comment

I am wondering about Christians. We believe we will one day live forever in a perfect world. So would we want to live potentially forever in an imperfect one, until Jesus came back, or just live out our normal lives and then be with the Lord and be resurrected when he sets up his Kingdom?

Also I have heard atheists say "What would you do if you lived forever? It would get boring! I wouldn't want to live forever" when arguing with Christians.
                            It might get boring, but then again it might not. The life experience changes with time so, if you are always healthy, you could potentially never get bored with it.

Comment

We already are, ALL of us, living forever.

I would not choose to do so in this life and this body. I want to be with the Lord forever.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment