Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Probiotic Supplement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probiotic Supplement

I'm currently taking a 14 day probiotic supplement to restore a healthy environment in my intestinal tract. Each capsule contains 100 billion beneficial bacteria. This is my seventh day on the supplement. I'm experiencing weakness, light headedness/headaches, chills, and bodily pain/cramps. Today on a long walk I barely made it out of the ravine and felt like pulling an 'into the wild' ending scene as I lay down on the dirt path looking up at the sky, breathing my last.

So, fellow physicians, do you think I should soldier on and continue the supplement for another 7 days, or quit before I kick the bucket?

I take a probiotic 3 to 4 times a week. I've never had any of these symptoms. I suppose it's possible you got a contaminated batch...
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
      I'm currently taking a 14 day probiotic supplement to restore a healthy environment in my intestinal tract. Each capsule contains 100 billion beneficial bacteria. This is my seventh day on the supplement. I'm experiencing weakness, light headedness/headaches, chills, and bodily pain/cramps. Today on a long walk I barely made it out of the ravine and felt like pulling an 'into the wild' ending scene as I lay down on the dirt path looking up at the sky, breathing my last.

So, fellow physicians, do you think I should soldier on and continue the supplement for another 7 days, or quit before I kick the bucket?
      I know many people who take them, and I take them myself and they and I have never experienced any side effects. I have read that generally they are very safe although some people may get minor side effects such as gas and bloating. I'd do a little research if I were you to make sure whatever you're taking is legit.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        I know many people who take them, and I take them myself and they and I have never experienced any side effects. I have read that generally they are very safe although some people may get minor side effects such as gas and bloating. I'd do a little research if I were you to make sure whatever you're taking is legit.
        The brand I bought is from a reputable manufacturer, basically specializing in this supplement. I think my symptoms might be attributed to the fact that years ago I killed off all(?) my intestinal flora with a prolonged cocktail of antibiotics, and never took a probiotic supplement until now; and starting with such a potent number (100 billion per capsule), my system is having a hard time adapting. It's easy to find testimonials of people experiencing similar symptoms to myself, some quit, others continue. It'll be touch and go but I think I'll continue and hope I make it through another 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
          The brand I bought is from a reputable manufacturer, basically specializing in this supplement. I think my symptoms might be attributed to the fact that years ago I killed off all(?) my intestinal flora with a prolonged cocktail of antibiotics, and never took a probiotic supplement until now; and starting with such a potent number (100 billion per capsule), my system is having a hard time adapting. It's easy to find testimonials of people experiencing similar symptoms to myself, some quit, others continue. It'll be touch and go but I think I'll continue and hope I make it through another 7.
          Are you drinking plenty of water?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Are you drinking plenty of water?
            Yes, very important, thank you!

Comment

Might try a PRE-biotic. It gives vital nutrients to the good bacteria and helps them flourish. You
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

i think you should go see a gastroenterologist. You might have some more serious things going on than bad gut bacteria. Get it checked out.

Comment

Well, my 14 day intensive probiotic treatment is complete and I must say I feel quite fantastic. I don't want to celebrate prematurely but my bladder also feels relatively normal (aka not like a 24/7, 365 bladder infection). Three cheers for probiotics!

Thanks God!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X