Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: taking a break

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Nah, it was still March here. Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised rogue of all people keeps track of April 1 religiously. Given that it's Easter and all. Don't put him in charge of the Easter egg hunt if you want your kids to keep having fingers.
    Acting on advice of my attorneys, Dewey, Cheatem & Howe, roguetech has recalled our novelty Exploding Easter Egg gag gift.

I'm always still in trouble again

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Nah, it was still March here. Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised rogue of all people keeps track of April 1 religiously. Given that it's Easter and all. Don't put him in charge of the Easter egg hunt if you want your kids to keep having fingers.
    Fingers!?!?! Have you seen how much explosive he can pack into those little eggs!?!?!?!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Acting on advice of my attorneys, Dewey, Cheatem & Howe, roguetech has recalled our novelty Exploding Easter Egg gag gift.
    Have they found the rest of the tree that Mr. Cheatem blew up hiding the stupid eggs?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Have they found the rest of the tree that Mr. Cheatem blew up hiding the stupid eggs?
    The packaging explicitly warned don't place more than half a dozen in close proximity of each other. The durn fool put over two dozen in an old woodpecker nest.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The packaging explicitly warned don't place more than half a dozen in close proximity of each other. The durn fool put over two dozen in an old woodpecker nest.
    I believe this was also why he made you recall all the packaging with microprint warnings. Just because you scan everything with an electron microscope doesn't mean everyone else does.

Although I grant I do with anything from Roguetech...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I believe this was also why he made you recall all the packaging with microprint warnings. Just because you scan everything with an electron microscope doesn't mean everyone else does.

Although I grant I do with anything from Roguetech...
    I had to use small print because if I used regular-size the sheer size of all them dang-blasted disclaimers and warnings would require a box big enough to put a 4-seat sofa in. All for 6 eggs. I was just being ecologically responsible.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I had to use small print because if I used regular-size the sheer size of all them dang-blasted disclaimers and warnings would require a box big enough to put a 4-seat sofa in. All for 6 eggs. I was just being ecologically responsible.
    Stop letting Mr Dewey's secretary Ima Talktoomuch write the darn things just because she will do it for free.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Stop letting Mr Dewey's secretary Ima Talktoomuch write the darn things just because she will do it for free.
    Actually, Mrs. Talktoomuch retired early last year and my new attorney, Goode Boyd personally wrote, as you said, "the darn thing."

00000000000000ars7a.jpg

He's the new senior partner of the esteemed law firm of formerly known as Dewey, Cheatem & Howe but now known as Boyd, Dewey, Cheatem & Howe.

They've proven far superior than my old lawyers, Faust, Sinister and Moloch. For a start I no longer have to sign all documents in my blood.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've long seen preached (and have preached myself) that people should change themselves first as people before worrying about changing the world. I've always been extremely introverted and assumed that as long as I evolved intellectually I was evolving as a person, but the intellect is just one of many facets of human existence, and I've been ignoring nearly all the other ones. For a couple of days last week i avoided twitter, tweb and other politically charged environments and my efficiency improved considerably. To achieve my medium-long term goals (become a scientist, become the richest person in the world) I need absolute focus, and it's obvious now that setting up the foundation requires hermit monk-like isolation from all other distractions.

So as of tomorrow I'm gonna institute a few changes. I'm taking a break from all things political (including this forum) for a while. I don't know how long, but I'm planning for an extended period of time. At least a year, although two or more isn't out of the question. Hopefully the mid-terms will pass without me having any idea who won or lost. I'm going to stop buying Steam games and uninstalling the ones I have installed that require any serious time commitment. Ideally the only game I'm gonna play is the one I've been working on making. I don't watch a lot of movies/tv to begin with but these will end altogether. No entertainment, no news. The only videos I will watch are instructional ones.

I wish everybody the best during my absence.
    I hope you achieve all that you desire. It was nice getting to know you.