Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.04.03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.04.03

Glory Seed Devotional’s 2018 Experiencing Jesus, the Prelude to Life
    From impossible to possible to open…
    Shalom!

I am back! Again! I spent last week in the hospital and yesterday we had to replace our laptop so I spent the day getting that set up, prayerfully I got it right.

In the movie “The Bishop’s Wife” starring Cary Grant and David Niven is a scene where the Bishop (David Niven) asks Dudley the Angel (Cary Grant) to prove that he’s an angel by making a desk float around the room. Dudley refuses then turns around walks up to the locked office door turns the doorknob and walks out and shuts the door behind him. Suddenly the Bishop with key in hand realizes what just happened walks up to the door and turns the doorknob only to find it still locked. Shocked the Bishop drops in a nearby chair and stares into the room in disbelief.

Once you get past the humor of the scene a great spiritual truth emerges – locked doors are no match for the Divine – nor are locked hearts – nor is the impossible, impossible to God! There are those who are or will read (with your help) this verse facing the impossible. Perhaps it’s financial, perhaps it’s a broken relationship, perhaps it’s a health issue, perhaps it’s the loss of a loved one, perhaps it’s the burden of caring for a loved one, or perhaps one a many other impossible circumstances.

Doors locked!
    Key thrown away!
    No hope!
    No light!
    Only despair!
    The impossible, impossible???

Not on your life! Not as long as Jesus is Savior anyway! Take an in depth look at these two gems and then believe that with Jesus the impossible IS possible!

“Jesus said again, “Truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep didn’t listen to them. I am the gate. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will come in and go out and find pasture.” (John 10:7–9)

“After they had severely flogged them, they threw them in jail, ordering the jailer to guard them carefully. Receiving such an order, he put them into the inner prison and secured their feet in the stocks. About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the jail were shaken, and immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone’s chains came loose.” (Acts 16:23–26)

One last scripture that dot’s the I, crosses the T, and puts an exclamation point at the end! ““Write to the angel of the church in Philadelphia: Thus says the Holy One, the true one, the one who has the key of David, who opens and no one will close, and who closes and no one opens:” (Revelation 3:7) Not a member of the church in Philadelphia? Don’t worry Jesus is the Ultimate Doorman he’ll always unlock and open a door for you!

“The sacrifice pleasing to God is a broken spirit. You will not despise
    a broken and humbled heart, God.” (Psalm 51:17)

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Unless otherwise stated all scripture quotations marked CSB have been taken from Christian Standard Bible, Copyright 2017 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Christian Standard Bible and CSB are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X