Announcement

Collapse

Archeology 201 Guidelines

If Indiana Jones happened to be a member of Tweb, this is where he'd hang out.

Welcome to the Archeology forum. Were you out doing some gardening and dug up a relic from the distant past? would you like to know more about Ancient Egypt? Did you think Memphis was actually a city in Tennessee?

Well, for the answers to those and other burning questions you've found the right digs.

Our forum rules apply here too, if you haven't read them now is the time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

53 names in the Bible confirmed archaeologically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 names in the Bible confirmed archaeologically

Article is here, King David appears, as does Hezekiah, with a tantalizing reference possibly, to Isaiah.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Article is here, King David appears, as does Hezekiah, with a tantalizing reference possibly, to Isaiah.

Blessings,
    Lee
    I consider this expected, because the Bible is set in history, and yes, it records real people in the context of Bible history. It does not necessarily conclude that the history is accurate.

Add a crude ring with the name Pontius Pilate.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 08-04-2019, 09:17 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      I consider this expected, because the Bible is set in history, and yes, it records real people in the context of Bible history. It does not necessarily conclude that the history is accurate.

Add a crude ring with the name Pontius Pilate.
      The list only covers the Old Testament/Tanakh.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        The list only covers the Old Testament/Tanakh.
        No problem, the New Testament is set in history just as the Old Testament.

The title of the thread: 53 names in the Bible confirmed archaeologically
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment