Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.04.05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.04.05

Glory Seed Devotional’s 2018 Experiencing Jesus, the Prelude to Life
    When adversaries go wild…
    Shalom!

“I will keep watch for you, my strength, because God is my stronghold. My faithful God will come to meet me; God will let me look down on my adversaries.” (Psalm 59:9–10)

“We have met the enemy and he is us!”
    I am sure you’ve heard that before, if you don’t mind I am going to modify it slightly, “We have met the ADVERSARY and he is IN us!” It wasn’t that long ago I believed the first one but over the past several month’s I have discovered that it is what is inside me that presents its self to me as an adversary. Yet in the spirit of the verses above in Psalm 59 a deeper understanding develops before my eyes, “We have met the adversary and in Jesus he is NO LONGER an adversary!”

Paul writing to the people in Rome (and to us) wrote about what happens to our adversary when Jesus lives in our hearts. “For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be rendered powerless so that we may no longer be enslaved to sin, since a person who has died is freed from sin. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him, because we know that Christ, having been raised from the dead, will not die again. Death no longer rules over him. For the death he died, he died to sin once for all time; but the life he lives, he lives to God. So, you too consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 6:6–11)

For a deeper understanding insert your adversaries in the place of sin, “…that we may no longer to enslaved to our adversaries…” just as the death of a loved one lingers in our memories so will our adversaries, however they become living witnesses of the Loving Compassion of Jesus who died that we may have life and have it abundantly. Perhaps you’re wondering how can someone like me with pulmonary fibrosis be living a life of abundance? After all it’s slowly squeezing the life out of me, however abundance of life is not based on health, wealth, or any THING else, it’s simply based on the Glory of God Jesus and the Holy Spirt instills within us.

Adversaries gone wild become umbilical cords connecting us to the source of abundant life, Jesus Christ!

Father God, into Your Hands I entrust my spirit!

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Unless otherwise stated all scripture quotations marked CSB have been taken from Christian Standard Bible, Copyright 2017 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Christian Standard Bible and CSB are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X