An invitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I would say that the exact opposite is true. You don't hear much if anything about conservatives cutting off or "unfriending" someone because of their liberal views but you sure hear about liberals doing it to conservatives. IIRC there have even been a couple of companies that have publicly declared they would not hire anyone who voted for Trump
    Interesting. I have literally not ever been unfriended on a liberal site, despite the pretty heated exchanges that sometimes occur (i.e., abortion usually gets them pretty upset with me). But I've been booted from about 50% of the Republican/Conservative sites I've registered to.

That being said, I am also aware of the "my way or the highway" POV of many liberals - and I do not like the trend that is occurring in colleges where speech is being drowned out because students do not want to hear it. It does not bode well. I agree that some of it is just plain hateful speech - but the real challenge to all of us is to permit someone who truly believe is hateful express their views.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      Interesting...I find it actually better than here. The comments nest under the post and, when someone replies to a comment, the reply and all subsequent ones nest under the specific comment. It makes it a bit easier to follow a thread. However, the nesting is only one deep, so if people start replying to replies, all Facebook does is tag them with the name of the individual.
      at the top of the thread, you will see a menu that says "Thread Tools, search this thread, display" etc

Click on display and choose hybrid or threaded mode and it will do all that nesting stuff. I find it harder to keep track of myself.

Comment

How do you pronounce your name? like "Mikal" or "Mishell"?

PS just so you know we have a policy about revealing personal information and real names on tweb. Can't do it without a persons specific permission. You have done so by posting your name in some of your posts and linking your facebook account. But anyone who "friends" you on facebook, you need to keep their names secret and not post them on theologyweb without their permission.

If you change your mind about you revealing your personal information we can delete this thread but it would be harder to go find all of your posts where you said your first name.
        Last edited by Sparko; 04-11-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          How do you pronounce your name? like "Mikal" or "Mishell"?

PS just so you know we have a policy about revealing personal information and real names on tweb. Can't do it without a persons specific permission. You have done so by posting your name in some of your posts and linking your facebook account. But anyone who "friends" you on facebook, you need to keep their names secret and not post them on theologyweb without their permission.

If you change your mind about you revealing your personal information we can delete this thread but it would be harder to go find all of your posts where you said your first name.
          First, I just go by "Michael." I don't speak French, so I don't use the French pronunciation.

Second, your comment confuses me a bit. I need to get my own permission to sign posts with my name, or to post a link to my Facebook page? I do not object to either. If you'd prefer I do not use my actual name, I guess I have to wonder why others are signing their posts with "Jim," etc. If the Facebook link is a problem, I'll leave you to adjust it as you see fit. Those who visit this thread can always PM me and I can provide them with the link. I certainly would not use anyone else's name on TW without their permission...

...well except for Betty, Steve, Susan, John, Fred, Bernadette, Esmeralda, Samuel Bosworth III, and Bart...

I DO have to confess to having made references to Trump, Obama, Clinton, and McCain. There might have been others...
          Last edited by carpedm9587; 04-11-2018, 10:11 AM.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

First, I just go by "Michael." I don't speak French, so I don't use the French pronunciation.

Second, your comment confuses me a bit. I need to get my own permission to sign posts with my name, or to post a link to my Facebook page? I do not object to either. If you'd prefer I do not use my actual name, I guess I have to wonder why others are signing their posts with "Jim," etc. If the Facebook link is a problem, I'll leave you to adjust it as you see fit. Those who visit this thread can always PM me and I can provide them with the link. I certainly would not use anyone else's name on TW without their permission...

...well except for Betty, Steve, Susan, John, Fred, Bernadette, Esmeralda, Samuel Bosworth III, and Bart...

I DO have to confess to having made references to Trump, Obama, Clinton, and McCain. There might have been others...
            Sparko just wanted to make sure you've gotten the appropriate permission. Did you check with yourself before posting this thread, and were you ok with you sharing your personal information?
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              Sparko just wanted to make sure you've gotten the appropriate permission. Did you check with yourself before posting this thread, and were you ok with you sharing your personal information?
              Umm... I forgot... and apparently I disagree with myself on the appropriateness.

Comment

You (or anyone else) is welcome to share their own private information here, with the knowledge that if they later change their mind it can be difficult to put the cat back in the bag. I was just cautioning you that if others do join you on facebook and you learn their real names to not reveal that here by accident or without their permission.

If you notice at the top of the page (under the logo) we have a FB Group link. We have a page on facebook that you are welcome to join and there are others there too. Just don't post their real name or information here.

Comment

You (or anyone else) is welcome to share their own private information here, with the knowledge that if they later change their mind it can be difficult to put the cat back in the bag. I was just cautioning you that if others do join you on facebook and you learn their real names to not reveal that here by accident or without their permission.
                  OK - thanks for that clarification. I completely missed that - and I WILL be careful.

If you notice at the top of the page (under the logo) we have a FB Group link. We have a page on facebook that you are welcome to join and there are others there too. Just don't post their real name or information here.
                  Thanks!

Comment