Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Robocop.

  1. #11
    Professor Zymologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    someplace in Montana
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,098
    Amen (Given)
    1325
    Amen (Received)
    3635
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Original, or remake?
    I actually thought the remake was alright (not great, but ok), although not related to the original in any meaningful sense.

    But yeah, the original is the superior movie by far.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

  2. #12
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    43,607
    Amen (Given)
    951
    Amen (Received)
    16372
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    I actually thought the remake was alright (not great, but ok), although not related to the original in any meaningful sense.

    But yeah, the original is the superior movie by far.
    The original may have been over the top but it was fun.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  3. #13

  4. #14
    tWebber NorrinRadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Wayne Township, PA
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,250
    Amen (Given)
    639
    Amen (Received)
    421
    The original trilogy and TV series were fun, but on the whole, I prefer the ORIGINAL original "robocop" -- Tobor the 8th Man.

    tobor_8th-man.jpg
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

    Beige Nationalist.

    "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

  5. #15
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    43,607
    Amen (Given)
    951
    Amen (Received)
    16372
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    The original trilogy and TV series were fun, but on the whole, I prefer the ORIGINAL original "robocop" -- Tobor the 8th Man.

    tobor_8th-man.jpg
    Now that one takes me back. While the other kids were watching Gigantor and Astro Boy I was watching Tobor the 8th Man

    00000000000000ars2aa.gif

    Of course his "energy cigarettes" would never make it today

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  6. #16
    tWebber NorrinRadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Wayne Township, PA
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,250
    Amen (Given)
    639
    Amen (Received)
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Now that one takes me back. While the other kids were watching Gigantor and Astro Boy I was watching Tobor the 8th Man

    00000000000000ars2aa.gif

    Of course his "energy cigarettes" would never make it today
    Well neither would Underdog's "Super Energy Pills." The later "Energy Vitamin Pills" -- maybe.

    And we all know Popeye's cans of spinach were really coca leaves.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

    Beige Nationalist.

    "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

  7. #17
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    43,607
    Amen (Given)
    951
    Amen (Received)
    16372
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Well neither would Underdog's "Super Energy Pills." The later "Energy Vitamin Pills" -- maybe.

    And we all know Popeye's cans of spinach were really coca leaves.
    Which brings up the remake of Mighty Mouse and the sniffing up of that "crushed flower"






    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  8. #18
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    43,607
    Amen (Given)
    951
    Amen (Received)
    16372
    And while it doesn't have the main character taking any drugs this scene from Dexter's Lab is obviously a drug deal in spite of the flour label on the bag




    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  9. #19
    Professor KingsGambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Next to you
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,228
    Amen (Given)
    1492
    Amen (Received)
    3967
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    And while it doesn't have the main character taking any drugs this scene from Dexter's Lab is obviously a drug deal in spite of the flour label on the bag



    don't think they'd get away with that today.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

    All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

  10. #20
    Professor Cerebrum123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,367
    Amen (Given)
    17522
    Amen (Received)
    3472
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    don't think they'd get away with that today.
    If anything they might get away with more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •