Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI raids Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    "Linked to Russia". So what? There are thousands of people in Washington DC who are "linked to Russia", and not a single one of those links is evidence, let alone proof of collusion. That's why I asked for not insinuation, conjecture, and idle speculation but real, solid evidence that would actually stand up in court, because "links to Russia" doesn't cut it.

Well?
    Like I said, MM, a waste of effort. You'll just deflect...

So whistle away...and feel free to pat yourself on the back for an argument you "won"
    Last edited by carpedm9587; 04-19-2018, 04:41 PM.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• I accept your grudging concession.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Risensteim says that Trump is not a target of any part of Mueller's investigation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ntent=politics

Comment

Risensteim says that Trump is not a target of any part of Mueller's investigation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ntent=politics
          From the same link: "Rosenstein’s message may have been based on a technicality. Trump may not officially be a target, but Mueller hasn’t ruled out making him one at some point in the future, according to a U.S. official with knowledge of the unfolding investigation".
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

You mean exactly what Obama did and received gushing praise for by the same folks who are now pretending to be outraged?
            No I mean what I said. In the light of the St Petersburg Troll Factory and Cambridge Analytica’s role in using Social media to discredit Hillary and Obama and promote the Trump candidacy, I just don’t believe the bad things about Hillary and Obama. I believe them to be manufactured. The "outrage" is perfectly genuine. By all accounts Russia controlled the 2016 election and got its preferred candidate into power.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
              From the same link: "Rosenstein’s message may have been based on a technicality. Trump may not officially be a target, but Mueller hasn’t ruled out making him one at some point in the future, according to a U.S. official with knowledge of the unfolding investigation".
              That Trump isn't a target already, and apparently hasn't been from the beginning, is a significant point and demolishes a whole bunch of liberal talking points.

Comment

That Trump isn't a target already, and apparently hasn't been from the beginning, is a significant point and demolishes a whole bunch of liberal talking points.
                Well, we knew from the start so I don't see the significance. You are bringing well known information long before we heard it the first time and pretend it is news.
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  Well, we knew from the start so I don't see the significance. You are bringing well known information long before we heard it the first time and pretend it is news.
                  That Rosenstein thought it important enough to reiterate again is significant, as is the fact that despite being intensely investigated since before the election. there is still no probable cause to target Trump. And now the Comey memos call into question whether or not the Mueller investigation should have even been started in the first place!

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 9.41.35 AM.jpg
                  https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Comment

That Rosenstein thought it important enough to reiterate again is significant, as is the fact that despite being intensely investigated since before the election. there is still no probable cause to target Trump. And now the Comey memos call into question whether or not the Mueller investigation should have even been started in the first place!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27454[/ATTACH]
                    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

But that was not what you pointed to as being significant. You seem to miss the point that this was always about the Trump campaign and not the person. That may change but you simply seem to have missed some basics as to what this is and was all about.

There is a lot that we don't know much about yet and you recently quoted one of Muellers spokesmen telling people to be cautious before they conclude.
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

You seem to miss the point that this was always about the Trump campaign and not the person.
                      Revisionist history at its finest. It's always been all about the person; the campaign angle is nothing more than an attempt to get at him.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Revisionist history at its finest. It's always been all about the person; the campaign angle is nothing more than an attempt to get at him.
                        An unsupported claim. We all know the task Mueller was given. Feel free to bring evidence supporting your claim if you can.

Comment

Yep. Liberals are suddenly saying, "Oh, but we knew this all along!" when they've been whooping and hollering about Trump's guilt and "They're gon git 'em any day now!" since before the election.

It's hard to keep up with the shifting narratives from the left.

Comment

An unsupported claim. We all know the task Mueller was given. Feel free to bring evidence supporting your claim if you can.
                            Here you go.

Collusion: Secret Meetings, Dirty Money, and How Russia Helped Donald Trump Win
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• All you can provide is a link to a book? And currently it is not even for sale... Feel free to share some evidence from the book or elsewhere.

Comment

First off the person sucks, but putting that aside, this didn't begin as an investigation into the person of Trump. But even if it did so what? If there was evidence of his personal corruption, to connections with Russian oligarchs connected to Putin, evidence of money laundering, and special deals with Russian banks etc etc, then I want it investigated, and so would you, if the shoe were on H. Clinton or Obama's foot.

Comment