Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI raids Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Apparently Hannity asked Cohen for his advise in some legal matters, as folks are wont to do when they know a lawyer (and Cohen had a top notch reputation).
    Turley does not seem to share that view of his reputation.

Supposedly they were the sort of things where there are fees or charges. While he should have disclosed his relationship with Cohen to cover all bases, I really wouldn't blame him for thinking that it rose to the level of conflict-of-interest worthy of disclosure.
    Did you leave out a couple of "nots" in there?
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Apparently Hannity asked Cohen for his advise in some legal matters, as folks are wont to do when they know a lawyer (and Cohen had a top notch reputation). Supposedly they were the sort of things where there are NO fees or charges. While he should have disclosed his relationship with Cohen to cover all bases, I really wouldn't blame him for NOT thinking that it rose to the level of conflict-of-interest worthy of disclosure.
      Left out an important word or two

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Apparently Hannity asked Cohen for his advise in some legal matters, as folks are wont to do when they know a lawyer (and Cohen had a top notch reputation). Supposedly they were the sort of things where there are fees or charges. While he should have disclosed his relationship with Cohen to cover all bases, I really wouldn't blame him for thinking that it rose to the level of conflict-of-interest worthy of disclosure.
        Yes, indeed Hannity "should have disclosed his relationship with Cohen", it's highly unethical that he didn't...especially given the mutual admiration society existing between him and Trump and the biased outrage he exhibits on Trump's behalf. He's been nothing more than the propaganda arm of Team Trump, masquerading as news. What a farce!

As for demanding the rights of 'client/lawyer privilege' Hannity cannot have it both ways...firstly denying that he's Cohen's client and then demanding the associated privilege.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• I suppose it depends on what exactly entails attorney-client privilege.

Is it like Breaking Bad where Saul Goodman demanded a dollar and said, "I am now your lawyer!" so that he could legitimately claim that he was hired to represent his client and could not legally divulge anything that was said to him? What about a lawyer performing pro bono work? Is he not bound by attorney-client privilege? Does this raid set a precedent that any time the prosecution is stumped, they can simply go on a fishing expedition by raiding the defense's confidential files?

There are a lot of questions here that need to be settled. No doubt Judge Wood's questionable decision will be appealed, and this thing could very well be run up the ladder to the Supreme Court.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            There are a lot of liberals who aren't close personal friends of Soros, but in Judge Wood's case, she personally officiated Soros' wedding.
            So what?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27414[/ATTACH]
              "carpesplaining"
              That is kind of cute...

And I LIKE the idea of thinking of myself as the "Jiminy Cricket" of TWeb...
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                Yes, indeed Hannity "should have disclosed his relationship with Cohen", it's highly unethical that he didn't...especially given the mutual admiration society existing between him and Trump and the biased outrage he exhibits on Trump's behalf. He's been nothing more than the propaganda arm of Team Trump, masquerading as news. What a farce!

As for demanding the rights of 'client/lawyer privilege' Hannity cannot have it both ways...firstly denying that he's Cohen's client and then demanding the associated privilege.
                In spite of claims to the contrary, Hannity was not a client. He never hired Cohen as some in the MSM, and you, are contending. They moved in the same circles and Hannity asked him for his opinion on some matter. Much in the same way that my brother, who is friends with a retired Georgia Supreme Court justice, asked him for his opinion after our mother was sideswiped by an 18-wheeler on the highway.

And speaking of my brother, I met him for lunch (he's moving in the next day or two and it may well be our last lunch together), and since the weather is gorgeous we decided to take his car (convertible). He had Rush Limbaugh on his radio. Normally I don't pay a lot of attention to what Limbaugh has to say but this time he was talking about Hannity and Cohen and the rank hypocrisy on the part of many of those in the MSM who have been critical of his not disclosing their relationship.

The example that sticks out was CNN's Jack Tapper and how he never mentions all of his conflicts of interest when he is reporting on a story. The two examples that I remember is that he was the congressional press secretary for Marjorie Margolies who also happens to be Chelsea Clinton's mother-in-law. Has he ever mentioned that connection when he reported on the Clintons? Not that I've ever heard. Further, he used to work for Handgun Control, Inc. Did he mention his anti-2A activism when he hosted that Townhall on CNN concerning gun policy with the students from Parkland Florida? Again, no.

Actually, what was really astounding was just how many reporters (or their spouses) have worked for various Democrat candidates and elected officials. It is like a revolving door between the Democrat Party and the various MSM outlets. Yet, they never, not even once, think it necessary to mention this when they report on various things including on their former employers.

So while I believe that Hannity should have issued a disclaimer, the fact that every day you have scores of MSM reporters having major conflicts of interest concerning the stories they are covering without ever making note of it reveals the double standard that we have all come to expect from the left.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                  That is kind of cute...

And I LIKE the idea of thinking of myself as the "Jiminy Cricket" of TWeb...
                  Do you know what happened to poor ol' Jiminy in the book (not the Disney cartoon)?

I sincerely hope you fare better.

Comment

In spite of claims to the contrary, Hannity was not a client. He never hired Cohen as some in the MSM, and you, are contending. They moved in the same circles and Hannity asked him for his opinion on some matter. Much in the same way that my brother, who is friends with a retired Georgia Supreme Court justice, asked him for his opinion after our mother was sideswiped by an 18-wheeler on the highway.
                    And you know this How? If Hannity was not a client, then why did Cohen name him as a client? And why was Cohen fighting so hard in court not to reveal Hannity as a client? You do know that there is a reason why the clients names needed be revealed, right?

Comment

• Source: Robert Mueller Office Warns “Many Stories About our Investigation Have Been Inaccurate”…

An interesting release from the spokesperson for Robert Mueller comes against the backdrop of the renewed ‘Michael Cohen travel to Prague’ story being pushed by Fusion-GPS and Glenn Simpson.

According to the Washington Times via Robert Mueller:

“What I have been telling all reporters is that many stories about our investigation have been inaccurate,” the Mueller spokesperson said. “Be very cautious about any source that claims to have knowledge about our investigation and dig deep into what they claim before reporting on it. If another outlet reports something, don’t run with it unless you have your own sourcing to back it up.” (read more)

The issue stems from last weeks McClatchy story where a reporter claimed Mueller had evidence of Michael Cohen traveling to Prague. That trip is an unproven intelligence point cited by Fusion-GPS in the ‘Steele Dosser’.

The more interesting aspect is deeper within the Washington Times article:

"The supposed Cohen Prague trip has been pushed to reporters and government investigators by Glenn Simpson, co-founder of Fusion GPS, which paid Mr. Steele. Fusion has long-standing relationships with Washington’s powerful news outlets such as CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times."

Accepting that Glenn Simpson and Fusion-GPS are the primary sources continuing to push the Cohen/Prague story we find increased likelihood of their motive; they need the Cohen story to be real, because a mistake on this issue is a risk.

The risk is due to the mistake in the dossier happening as an outcome of Fusion-GPS having extracted this raw intelligence point as a result of their unlawful access to NSA and FBI databases.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...e/#more-148161

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Source: Robert Mueller Office Warns “Many Stories About our Investigation Have Been Inaccurate”…

An interesting release from the spokesperson for Robert Mueller comes against the backdrop of the renewed ‘Michael Cohen travel to Prague’ story being pushed by Fusion-GPS and Glenn Simpson.

According to the Washington Times via Robert Mueller:

“What I have been telling all reporters is that many stories about our investigation have been inaccurate,” the Mueller spokesperson said. “Be very cautious about any source that claims to have knowledge about our investigation and dig deep into what they claim before reporting on it. If another outlet reports something, don’t run with it unless you have your own sourcing to back it up.” (read more)

The issue stems from last weeks McClatchy story where a reporter claimed Mueller had evidence of Michael Cohen traveling to Prague. That trip is an unproven intelligence point cited by Fusion-GPS in the ‘Steele Dosser’.

The more interesting aspect is deeper within the Washington Times article:

"The supposed Cohen Prague trip has been pushed to reporters and government investigators by Glenn Simpson, co-founder of Fusion GPS, which paid Mr. Steele. Fusion has long-standing relationships with Washington’s powerful news outlets such as CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times."

Accepting that Glenn Simpson and Fusion-GPS are the primary sources continuing to push the Cohen/Prague story we find increased likelihood of their motive; they need the Cohen story to be real, because a mistake on this issue is a risk.

The risk is due to the mistake in the dossier happening as an outcome of Fusion-GPS having extracted this raw intelligence point as a result of their unlawful access to NSA and FBI databases.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...e/#more-148161

© Copyright Original Source

So when you claim there is no evidence at all we should follow the guidelines of the Mueller spokesperson: “Be very cautious about any source that claims to have knowledge about our investigation and dig deep into what they claim before reporting on it. If another outlet reports something, don’t run with it unless you have your own sourcing to back it up.”
                        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Do you know what happened to poor ol' Jiminy in the book (not the Disney cartoon)?

I sincerely hope you fare better.
                          Probably not...
                          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Trump/Hannity/Cohen; the evil mirror of the Godhead. What!
                            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              Trump/Hannity/Cohen; the evil mirror of the Godhead. What!
                              Short and lame. Not up to your usual standards.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Short and lame. Not up to your usual standards.
                                Those being long and lame.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment