Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI raids Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
    So when you claim there is no evidence at all we should follow the guidelines of the Mueller spokesperson: “Be very cautious about any source that claims to have knowledge about our investigation and dig deep into what they claim before reporting on it. If another outlet reports something, don’t run with it unless you have your own sourcing to back it up.”
    Not the same thing since one can not prove a negative in this instance.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      In spite of claims to the contrary, Hannity was not a client. He never hired Cohen as some in the MSM, and you, are contending. They moved in the same circles and Hannity asked him for his opinion on some matter. Much in the same way that my brother, who is friends with a retired Georgia Supreme Court justice, asked him for his opinion after our mother was sideswiped by an 18-wheeler on the highway.
      If Hannity was not a client then he was not in a position to whine about the destruction of the lawyer/client privilege as he did loud and long.

And speaking of my brother, I met him for lunch (he's moving in the next day or two and it may well be our last lunch together), and since the weather is gorgeous we decided to take his car (convertible). He had Rush Limbaugh on his radio. Normally I don't pay a lot of attention to what Limbaugh has to say but this time he was talking about Hannity and Cohen and the rank hypocrisy on the part of many of those in the MSM who have been critical of his not disclosing their relationship.

The example that sticks out was CNN's Jack Tapper and how he never mentions all of his conflicts of interest when he is reporting on a story. The two examples that I remember is that he was the congressional press secretary for Marjorie Margolies who also happens to be Chelsea Clinton's mother-in-law. Has he ever mentioned that connection when he reported on the Clintons? Not that I've ever heard. Further, he used to work for Handgun Control, Inc. Did he mention his anti-2A activism when he hosted that Townhall on CNN concerning gun policy with the students from Parkland Florida? Again, no.

Actually, what was really astounding was just how many reporters (or their spouses) have worked for various Democrat candidates and elected officials. It is like a revolving door between the Democrat Party and the various MSM outlets. Yet, they never, not even once, think it necessary to mention this when they report on various things including on their former employers.
      And so with the standard “but, but, but the Democrats were much worse”.

So while I believe that Hannity should have issued a disclaimer, the fact that every day you have scores of MSM reporters having major conflicts of interest concerning the stories they are covering without ever making note of it reveals the double standard that we have all come to expect from the left.
      Well yes, given that Hannity was blatantly lambasting the Cohen raid he very much should have issued the disclaimer that Cohen was his personal friend/lawyer/whatever...as Alan Dershowitz made clear, when he was a guest on the Trump propaganda channel otherwise known as Fox News.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        If Hannity was not a client then he was not in a position to whine about the destruction of the lawyer/client privilege as he did loud and long.
        Could it be that he was talking about the destruction of it between Trump and Cohen? Do you really think he has to be a client of Cohen's to discuss it?

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        And so with the standard “but, but, but the Democrats were much worse”.
        By a long shot and never get called out for it even while hypocritically complaining about it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Well yes, given that Hannity was blatantly lambasting the Cohen raid he very much should have issued the disclaimer that Cohen was his personal friend/lawyer/whatever...as Alan Dershowitz made clear, when he was a guest on the Trump propaganda channel otherwise known as Fox News.
          Honestly, this strikes me as nuts. If I casually asked my cousin for legal opinions on a few things, I would not expect her to consider me a "client." If it turned out to be something that required research, I'd offer to hire her, and *then* I would expect to be listed as a client. Ditto with asking friends who are medicos informal advice in their areas of expertise. In such cases, I'd be shocked if some kind of audit of their records found me listed as a client, patient, etc.

And FTR, I find Hannity an almost unwatchable loudmouth.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Could it be that he was talking about the destruction of it between Trump and Cohen? Do you really think he has to be a client of Cohen's to discuss it?
            Well no!

‘‘I might have handed him 10 bucks and said, ‘I definitely want your attorney-client privilege on this,’’’ Hannity told listeners Monday afternoon. ‘‘Something like that.’’

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...SiL/story.html

By a long shot and never get called out for it even while hypocritically complaining about it.
            I just don't believe the list of bad things attributed to Hillary and the Dems, especially in the light of what is known about Russian negative interference and that of Cambridge Analytica in order to push Trump's interests.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              Honestly, this strikes me as nuts. If I casually asked my cousin for legal opinions on a few things, I would not expect her to consider me a "client." If it turned out to be something that required research, I'd offer to hire her, and *then* I would expect to be listed as a client. Ditto with asking friends who are medicos informal advice in their areas of expertise. In such cases, I'd be shocked if some kind of audit of their records found me listed as a client, patient, etc.
              I take your point but this is not what happened.

"Michael Cohen has said he had only three clients in 2017 and 2018: President Donald Trump; Elliott Broidy; the former deputy finance chairman of the Republican National Committee; and, until yesterday, someone Cohen did not want to identify. But in court on Monday, Cohen's lawyer was forced by the judge to reveal the client's name: Sean Hannity, the Fox News host. Hannity quickly addressed the news on his radio show, claiming that he never retained Cohen in the "traditional" sense, but that they still had attorney-client privilege."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...l-bind-n866561

This comes from numerous sources.

And FTR, I find Hannity an almost unwatchable loudmouth.
              Glad to hear it. I always knew you were a man of sound judgement.

Comment

• It seems that it was a lawyer representing the media who convinced the Soros and Clinton-linked judge to demand that Cohen publicly name his clients.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/...an-hannity/?dg

Why was a lawyer representing a party wholly unrelated to the case allowed to interrupt the hearing and address the judge about a matter which was, quite frankly, none of his damn business? And this was apparently after the judge had already made her decision that the names could be kept sealed.

Everything about this raid on Cohen smells rotten, like a deep, dark swamp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It’s your upper lip.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
                    It’s your upper lip.
                    I might feel insulted if I had any idea what that's supposed to mean.

Comment

It seems that it was a lawyer representing the media who convinced the Soros and Clinton-linked judge to demand that Cohen publicly name his clients.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/...an-hannity/?dg

Why was a lawyer representing a party wholly unrelated to the case allowed to interrupt the hearing and address the judge about a matter which was, quite frankly, none of his damn business? And this was apparently after the judge had already made her decision that the names could be kept sealed.

Of course it does; it's all a conspiracy to get Trump.

Comment

Not the same thing since one can not prove a negative in this instance.
                        And thus we should be even more reluctant to buy into your claim. Or what was your point?
                        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

I just don't believe the list of bad things attributed to Hillary and the Dems
                          source.gif
                          Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          especially in the light of what is known about Russian negative interference and that of Cambridge Analytica in order to push Trump's interests.
                          You mean exactly what Obama did and received gushing praise for by the same folks who are now pretending to be outraged?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                            And thus we should be even more reluctant to buy into your claim. Or what was your point?
                            You really don't get it. How can I prove "There is no evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia" beyond simply pointing to the lack of evidence? Whereas all you need to do to disprove it is present a single piece of verified evidence proving collusion. And when I say "verified evidence", I don't mean insinuation, conjecture, and idle speculation but something you could take to court.

Well?

Comment

You really don't get it. How can I prove "There is no evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia" beyond simply pointing to the lack of evidence? Whereas all you need to do to disprove it is present a single piece of verified evidence proving collusion. And when I say "verified evidence", I don't mean insinuation, conjecture, and idle speculation but something you could take to court.

Well?
                              Given the number of speculations and conjectures you've made, and then denied making, providing the list of ways in which the Trump campaign has already been linked to Russia is a fool's errand; you'll very likely simply handwave each and every one of them away as "not evidence," most likely with another of a long list of emojis.

Why on earth would anyone bother?
                              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                                ...providing the list of ways in which the Trump campaign has already been linked to Russia...
                                "Linked to Russia". So what? There are thousands of people in Washington DC who are "linked to Russia", and not a single one of those links is evidence, let alone proof of collusion. That's why I asked for not insinuation, conjecture, and idle speculation but real, solid evidence that would actually stand up in court, because "links to Russia" doesn't cut it.

Well?

Comment