Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which type of test was your favorite in school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
    When I first saw this thread, I was hoping it was about cricket.
    Didn't she drop out in 9th grade?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Didn't she drop out in 9th grade?
      And moved to Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
        It's not the writing, it's the submission. Nothing makes them sit up and take notice like pinning your paper on an ICBM.
        OK... been reading this thread....and THIS post made me expel gas...

But I would like to note "on" should be "to"
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Under "other", remember those tests where there was a list of words on the left and you had to match them with their counterpart from a list of words on the right?

OT-Word-Family-Match-Word-With-Picture-Worksheet.jpg
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

As a professional educator:

1) Multiple choice - determines the capacity of a student's short-term memory
            2) Essay - determines the capacity of a student's ability to BWB (baffle with....)
            3) Fill-in the-blank with a word bank (see 1)
            4) Fill-in the-blank without a word bank (now we're getting somewhere!)
            5) Oral examination -

Nothing determines a student's ability to defend their knowledge than examining them orally...

Ummm...testing their oral capabilities...

Ummm...requiring them to respond orally....

:ummm...

Never mind...
            Last edited by carpedm9587; 04-12-2018, 04:02 PM.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
              OK... been reading this thread....and THIS post made me expel gas...

But I would like to note "on" should be "to"
              I was only on a boomer once, though, and that was when I was in the reserves (doing circuit breaker maintenance). Happily for me, I got an 'A' in the class, the teacher asked to use my work as examples, and Penn State's English Department really liked the course (which meant one less non-engineering course to take at college). Due to CLEP tests and whatnot, I managed to reduce my required Liberal Arts courses to a single Art course and one technical writing course.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                I was only on a boomer once, though, and that was when I was in the reserves (doing circuit breaker maintenance). Happily for me, I got an 'A' in the class, the teacher asked to use my work as examples, and Penn State's English Department really liked the course (which meant one less non-engineering course to take at college). Due to CLEP tests and whatnot, I managed to reduce my required Liberal Arts courses to a single Art course and one technical writing course.
                I've always heard that pigs are really intelligent.

Comment

Nothing determines a student's ability to defend their knowledge than examining them orally...
                  I only trust my dentist to do that.

Comment

That reminds me of a "get well" card I got once when I was in the hospital many years ago....

"There are two kinds of thermometers - oral and rectal - which kind do you have in your mouth?"

And, yes, there were pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      (backing away slowly....)

So....

...OBP....

....meds....?

...recently...?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        That reminds me of a "get well" card I got once when I was in the hospital many years ago....

"There are two kinds of thermometers - oral and rectal - which kind do you have in your mouth?"

And, yes, there were pictures.
                        An old joke...

What's the difference between an oral and rectal thermometer...?

The taste!!!

Comment