Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Yet more Evolutionist censorship ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Verifyable truths?

Like Area 51 and little aliens?

Like 911 was a fabrication of a vast government conspiracy who blew up the twin towers 'cause there is no way a 767 fully fueled and flying straight into a tower at 400+ miles per hour and the ensuing hours of aviation jet fuel activated fire could make it fall down ...

etc.

etc.

etc.

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Yep Jorge, I'm sure they were kicked off for speaking 'verifyable truths'. And I'm sure you are would be THE FELLOW qualified to report those events with full objectivity.

Jim
    Ye be C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S, O-Mudd. Go home ... sleep it off.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
      Ye be C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S, O-Mudd. Go home ... sleep it off.

Jorge
      And that my friend is all you have.

I know from unfortunately far too much experience that people who's lives and thoughts are dominated by thoughts of evil conspiracies driven by shady and demonic forces are locked into that thought pattern. Every bit of evidence contrary to that 'reality' is itself part of the deception of those creating the conspiracy.

The problem is not that one can't prove the conspiracy one way or the other - many of them have no real evidence for or against. The problem is that the thought cycle is itself is a self perpetuating cage, a jail cell that locks the bound participant into a truly horrible place.

Jim
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-21-2018, 07:09 PM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        That was among the first three that I ran across although if I had simply clicked on his name where the author is identified it'll take you to his Amazon page and a list of his books that are available there. I counted 11 books (not counting 1 that's also available in kindle) with seven of them obviously dealing with evolution.

Amazon certainly sucks at censorship.
        It looks like Bergman has a bunch more books available on Amazon than that page suggests since several of these weren't listed

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          I don't know that I've ever seen such a transparent attempt to burnish one's credentials, even if bragging about selling 80,000 books is decidedly odd.
          What you find "odd" indicates just how far removed you are from reality. Explaining ...

The opposition (Materialists, Theistic Evolutionists, etc.) is always - 24/7/365 - using ad hominem attacks on Biblical Creationists such as Bergman. One of the many lines of attacks center on what I call 'Credentialism' : "You don't have the credentials, the background or education, the titles, the scientific accomplishments, etc. and, therefore, you don't know what you're talking about ... your opinion has little value ... no one should listen to you." --- garbage like that.

This has psychologically forced many of us to speak of these things when we would much rather prefer to speak of the issues, not the credentials or accomplishments. IOW, by letting others know that we are more-than-qualified to discuss the matter we nip that false, distracting tactic in the bud.

That usually doesn't stop all of the hard-core liars/cheaters/swindlers but at least it does stop some of them.

Consider yourself now educated in the matter, little piggy.

Jorge

Comment

What you find "odd" indicates just how far removed you are from reality. Explaining ...

The opposition (Materialists, Theistic Evolutionists, etc.) is always - 24/7/365 - using ad hominem attacks on Biblical Creationists such as Bergman. One of the many lines of attacks center on what I call 'Credentialism' : "You don't have the credentials, the background or education, the titles, the scientific accomplishments, etc. and, therefore, you don't know what you're talking about ... your opinion has little value ... no one should listen to you." --- garbage like that.

This has psychologically forced many of us to speak of these things when we would much rather prefer to speak of the issues, not the credentials or accomplishments. IOW, by letting others know that we are more-than-qualified to discuss the matter we nip that false, distracting tactic in the bud.

That usually doesn't stop all of the hard-core liars/cheaters/swindlers but at least it does stop some of them.

Consider yourself now educated in the matter, little piggy.

Jorge
            I think you are describing something known as the "genetic fallacy." You are correct to note it is not a reasonable approach. It argues that a position is false/incorrect on the basis of its source, rather than the claims it is making. So someone who says, "that's not true, it comes from Breitbart/CNN etc. is engaging in the "genetic fallacy." Someone who say, "they do not have to correct credentials" is likewise engaging in the genetic fallacy. An argument stands/falls on the basis of its intrinsic claims, not on the basis of the person/institution articulating the position.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              And that my friend is all you have.
              1. I'm no "friend" of yours and,
              2. You cannot handle what I have (as I've learned throughout the years).

I know from unfortunately far too much experience that people who's lives and thoughts are dominated by thoughts of evil conspiracies driven by shady and demonic forces are locked into that thought pattern. Every bit of evidence contrary to that 'reality' is itself part of the deception of those creating the conspiracy.
              I will agree that there are some people that are as you describe - I know some and have tried to help them. But I assure you that I'm not one of those. Of course, as has been the case for years here, you ALWAYS wish to present me in the worst possible light to everyone else. Why? Simple! Because by so doing then "why should anyone listen to Jorge, a tin-foil-hat-wearing conspiracy theorist dominated by evil thoughts driven by shady demonic forces"?

You are so transparent, O-Mudd. And your tactics are EXACTLY the same as those of your comrades - Materialists/Atheists. If I live long enough then (unless you turn to the God of Scripture) I will see the day when you drop all pretenses and reveal your true alliance to Materialism.

The problem is not that one can't prove the conspiracy one way or the other - many of them have no real evidence for or against. The problem is that the thought cycle is itself is a self perpetuating cage, a jail cell that locks the bound participant into a truly horrible place.

Jim
              You have NO idea of what you're talking about. Of course, "proof" can be defined in such a way as to make it unachievable. For instance, you can set a standard of proof so high that it becomes impossible to meet. Also, given that you have embraced a great many lies (such as Evolutionism) and have adjusted your life to accommodate, fulfill and promote those lies then your attitude towards these truths is quite understandable.

Lastly, the truth is never "a horrible place" - well, not for those of us that love truth. Truth may be unpleasant, saddening, unjust, etc. but it isn't "horrible". To me the truths that I know - however distasteful - bring me joy in that they confirm God's Word.

Yeah, I know -- that swooshing noise I'm now hearing is this post going way over your head.

Jorge

Comment

I guess Jorge cannot explain how Bergman can have an entire slew of books available on Amazon, most of which deal with YEC/evolution, and yet be censored by Amazon because he's a YEC.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"why should anyone listen to Jorge, a tin-foil-hat-wearing conspiracy theorist dominated by evil thoughts driven by shady demonic forces"?
                  I'm reminded of the old adage about if the shoe fits...

Comment

I guess Jorge cannot explain how Bergman can have an entire slew of books available on Amazon, most of which deal with YEC/evolution, and yet be censored by Amazon because he's a YEC.
                    Very, very easy to explain. The extreme censorship that I spoke of has only been relatively recently. It began under the criminal regime of Barack Hussein Obama and intensified immensely during his last year as president. In election-year 2016 it started to go off the charts as the Fascist corporate mainstream media pumped out FAKE NEWS 24/7 by the truckload (in an attempt to secure the White House for the Clinton Crime Cartel and their Fascist Masters). Around that time the censorship began to intensify. Only in late 2017 and so far in 2018 have they began taking down alt-media sites. I know people whose sites were demonetized and then taken out altogether simply because they did not echo nor respect the Fascist Party Line or their agenda. There you have it - asked and answered!

Try to keep up with reality, okay?

Jorge

Comment

Very, very easy to explain. The extreme censorship that I spoke of has only been relatively recently. It began under the criminal regime of Barack Hussein Obama and intensified immensely during his last year as president. In election-year 2016 it started to go off the charts as the Fascist corporate mainstream media pumped out FAKE NEWS 24/7 by the truckload (in an attempt to secure the White House for the Clinton Crime Cartel and their Fascist Masters). Around that time the censorship began to intensify. Only in late 2017 and so far in 2018 have they began taking down alt-media sites. I know people whose sites were demonetized and then taken out altogether simply because they did not echo nor respect the Fascist Party Line or their agenda. There you have it - asked and answered!

Jorge
                      And yet this "extreme censorship" that you talk of hasn't kept Bergman from selling a multitude of his books, most of which deal with YEC/evolution, on Amazon, in spite of claims that they're censoring him and not letting him sell his books there. IOW, reality is once again smacking you square in the face once again.

Comment

Jorge
                        For the rest of you reading, Jorge is only the more extreme version of what I have seen here day in and day out. Clinton and Obama are, in many respects, "the great satans." Trump is the new political "messiah." In Jorge, you are merely seeing yourselves taken to the extreme, IMO.
                        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                          For the rest of you reading, Jorge is only the more extreme version of what I have seen here day in and day out. Clinton and Obama are, in many respects, "the great satans." Trump is the new political "messiah." In Jorge, you are merely seeing yourselves taken to the extreme, IMO.
                          In many ways Jorge is like the flip side of the coin of a blend of JimL and starlight.

Comment

And yet this "extreme censorship" that you talk of hasn't kept Bergman from selling a multitude of his books, most of which deal with YEC/evolution, on Amazon, in spite of claims that they're censoring him and not letting him sell his books there. IOW, reality is once again smacking you square in the face once again.
                            You really are clueless about logical arguments, aren't you.

Two words for you: non sequitur.

Quiz next week. Study hard.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                              In the words of the immortal Cow Poke, IMHBAO, this reveals rather more about you than it does those you are attempting to paint.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                In the words of the immortal Cow Poke, IMHBAO, this reveals rather more about you than it does those you are attempting to paint.
                                That does not surprise me in the least, OBP.

Comment